What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Saving Quinton - by Jessica Sorensen.

Just finished Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick series for about the 5th time.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm re-reading the brilliant THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak before the film's released in the next few weeks. Highly recommend it.

I'm incapable of reading just one book at a time so I'm also in the middle of:

- GAME OF THRONES (Book 1) by George R. R. Martin - struggling with this beast!
    - THE EMERALD ATLAS by John Stephens - good but I'm not in love with it

And last night I finished THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by Stieg Larsson. Brilliant but very disturbing book.
  • elanaran
    elanaran Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love seeing people reading some of my favorite book series and hope they enjoy them as much as I did! (Dark tower, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones).

I'm currently reading The Allegiant, but I am really looking forward to reading "The Companions" by Salvatore! I cannot wait to get back with my old friends in the Drizzt series!
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I read very fast so I typically have more than one book going at a time. I'm reading Year Zero, (Oddly honest aliens have been pirating Earth's music for some years and realize they need to pay for it. When they tally the costs it will bankrupt entire planets to pay so a faction decides the be best way to get out from under it is to destry the Earth. Think Douglas Adams crossed with Terry Pratchet but a little drier and slighlty less funny.), I just started Cyber Storm by Matthew Mather. I'm part way through The Bones of Odin by David Leadbeater. It is sort of like that National Treasure movie w/ Nick Cage only image the lead character is former special forces and played by someone more muscle bound and physical than Nick Cage. I started the Long War by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter but it wasn't as good as the Long Earth and I don't think I'll finish it. I started on the Definitave H.P. Lovecraft: 67 Tales of Horror, but I needed a break. I was also half way through Star Soldiers by Andre Norton but it was a little tedious with I never thought I would ever say about her. I am also reading The Hen of the Baskervilles by Donna Andrew and The Ghoul Next Door by Victoria Laurie, both 'light' murder mysteries.
  • kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    where eagles dare (alastair mclean)
  • Troysgone
    Troysgone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Vince Flynn has a great series of books with Mitch Rapp. If you like that try Lee Child. His 'Jack Reacher' series is stunning.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Mr vertigo by Paul auster.
    T'is good.
  • lookinggoodkel
    lookinggoodkel Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    12 yr slave
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    The English Girl by Daniel Silva
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading Lord of the Flies and about to read Assassins Creed Black Flag... lol
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Reading the October List by Jeffrey Deaver. I hated it for the first probably 300 pages of the book then WHAM! Big plot twists and now I can't put it down! Not a Lincoln Rhyme book.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
  • paleonutripal
    Options
    The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Divergent series and the Hannah Swenson Mystery series. It's hard because she owns a bakery and talks about deserts though out the books! But I love them.
  • Gameofthrone
    Gameofthrone Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    I always have a few on the go;
    Feast of crows- George R.R Martin
    The complete grimm's fairy tale-Jacob Grimm
    A brief history of Sherlock Holmes-Nigel Cawthorne
    The encyclopedia of world mythology-Arthur Cotterell
  • heikejacob4
    heikejacob4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. Super long, but definitely worth a read if you're into historical fiction, as it's a feminist take on the Arthurian legends.
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspiration
  • Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just finished "Penmarric" by Susan Howatch. It's an old book - was always one of my favorites so I re-read it. Now I am reading
    "The Signature of All Things" by Elizabeth Gilbert (of Eat, Pray, Love fame).
  • aliciadub
    aliciadub Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    20,000 Days and Counting: The Crash Course for Mastering Your Life Right Now by Robert D. Smith
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hemingway - The Sun Also Rises