What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My reading is all over the place...

Snabba Cash by Jens Lapidus (which is taking me forever, because I'm stubborn and determined to read it in Swedish rather than buy a translated copy and my Swedish is decent but certainly not perfect, but I'm loving the story.)
    Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
    Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales
    Plato's Republic
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Brandon Sanderson - Words of Radiance. Fantastic so far, 500 pages in, 500 to go. Better than book one.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Invisible.. Paul auster
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Dennis Lehane ...prayers for rain
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The girl with the dragon tatoo & mistborn
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I've been reading books my wife's suggested recently. Right now it's "The Women's Room" by MARILYN FRENCH. Still not quite sure how I'm feeling about it. She had me read "The End of Mr. Y" before that and it was quite good. Fantasy about accessing other people's minds. Think INCEPTION but brainier...lots of talk about philosophy in it.
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    The Leftovers by Tom Perotta

I love Tom Perotta. I'll have to look this one up.
    I've read this and it was decent. Premise is that a "rapture-like" event occurs where tons of people just turn up missing one day..but they aren't the pious and the world struggles to make sense of it all.
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    I read very fast so I typically have more than one book going at a time. I'm reading Year Zero, (Oddly honest aliens have been pirating Earth's music for some years and realize they need to pay for it. When they tally the costs it will bankrupt entire planets to pay so a faction decides the be best way to get out from under it is to destry the Earth. Think Douglas Adams crossed with Terry Pratchet but a little drier and slighlty less funny.),
    This sounds right up my alley. You've probably already read it but if you liked YEAR ZERO and haven't read GOOD OMENS (Pratchett and Gaiman-I describe it as "What if LEFT BEHIND were written by Douglass Adams") you need to.
    I'm part way through The Bones of Odin by David Leadbeater. It is sort of like that National Treasure movie w/ Nick Cage only image the lead character is former special forces and played by someone more muscle bound and physical than Nick Cage.
    Keeping this in mind as well...
  • RainbowTurtleGirl
    Options
    Bump. Great ideas to keep in mind:drinker:
  • Revillee
    Revillee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The tournament by Matthew Reiley(sp)
  • Onyikwu
    Onyikwu Posts: 2
    Options
    i just finished reading "one day at a time' by Danielle Steel, i've always loved her books.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    A few going at the same time .......

"Cut To The Bone" by Jefferson Bass (one of the Body Farm mysteries) .... from the library

"Wild About Greens" by Nava Atlas (cookbook) .... from the library

"Suddenly Royal" by Nichole Chase (romantic fiction) ..... on my Nook
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
  • bloozen
    bloozen Posts: 131
    Options
    A Feast for Crows, trying to play catch up.
  • sunnyeuphoria
    sunnyeuphoria Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    -Trying to finish Allegiant by Veronica Roth (the 3rd book in the Divergent series) but it's awful! I hate it.
    -The Fault in Our Stars...pretty good so far.
    -About to start Flowers in the Attic
    -And I'm always reading Pride & Prejudice

This is a great topic! I have a new book list going! Thanks!!

I read the entire series of books by VC Andrews that starts with Flowers in the Attic about the Dollanganger family last year. It was a good read but many times during the series it got exhausting reading it. After all was said and done, I was glad to be done with it... but glad I had read it.

I just finished the Little House on the Prairie books... and am now reading Follow Me by Platt and This Present Darkness
    Last year I also read all of the Hunger Games Series of books... they were really good... made the movies much more enjoyable. I am glad that I read them before seeing the movies because it helped make the story more real and meaningful. I have read the first 2 books in the Divergent series... but not yet the 3rd book.
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    This month I plan to read 3 books.

The Dog Barks When the Phone Rings: An Engineer's Guide to Solving Problems by Bob Schmidt

(Re-reading) Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi

(Re-reading) How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie

These sound great! I started "How to Win Friends...", but haven't finished it yet.
  • stormyxpony
    stormyxpony Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm reading ""Red Eye The Horse Of Gettysberg."" Then I got ""Farmers Boy The 2nd Book Of War Horse"" On My Kindle Fire.
  • kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Me, too:smile: (Book Theif)
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Now you see her by James Patterson
    Family Pictures by Jane Green
    Shopaholic and baby by Sophie Kinsella (my third time reading it). Its an hilarious book! I highly recommend you "read" it in audiobook format. The narrator is one of the best in the biz. Really brings the book to life.

I am going to read Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok next
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Death by food pyramid.