The No S diet

Options
124»

Replies

• jibaholic
    Options
    I wanted to add my two cents ...

I gained weight when the kids came along. Stopped exercising and was basically shell-shocked for about two years. Then my wife and I gradually learned to balance kids and our own lives and we started exercising. I counted calories and lost the weight I gained. So I'm a fan of counting calories.

But ...

I can't make a lifestyle out of counting calories. Some people can and if you're one of them, then do not switch to another diet! But for me, it's exhausting. Not the mechanics of counting, that gets easy after the first couple weeks. The mental arithmetic of constantly budgeting exhausts me (catered lunch at a noon meeting today so I ate 300 more calories than I planned, but if I don't have mashed potatoes with dinner and then do ten minutes on the rower, I'll be fine). I end out constantly thinking about food.

For me, the biggest appeal of the No S diet is that I can (A) go back to not thinking about food very often, and (B) maintain the weight that I've lost. If you look over the testimonials on the No S forum, there are people who do slowly lose weight even after the initial diet phase is done. They may lose 3 or 10 pounds over the course of a year. If I lose another five or ten pounds on the diet I'd be thrilled. I still want to lose those last ten pounds. But after trying counting calories, low carb, IF, paleo, etc... all they do is make me think about food more and the weight I struggle for five weeks to lose I can gain back over the course of a single vacation.I want to think about food less and then enjoy a nice meal and not gain weight. No S lets me do that.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    here is a better one.

eat in a deficit
    work out/lift heavy
    hit macros
    eat whatever you want within moderation - I like the 80/20 rule…80% health and 20% whatever you want….

yup yup yup!!