Gym Crush

Options
HapaHaole92
HapaHaole92 Posts: 85 Member
I have a hopeless crush on this lovely man that works at my gym, he's a front desk attendant. I've had short, casual banter with him but nothing great. He's nice, but every gym employee is supposed to be nice so him being nice doesn't mean **** lol. I want to talk to him and obviously want to go on a date with him (lol that'd be a dream) but I don't even know if he's single. My friend from high school works there and I messaged her asking about him but she never responded :(. I feel immature even writing this question because I'll be 22 this year.

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    If you're shy, leave him a note with a phone number. He can look you up in the system, I'm sure, but don't think he's even allowed to. Doesn't mean that will stop him lol.
    Good luck.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    strong first post
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    @Sinisterly: I would love to, but if he doesn't call and I see him again it'll be painfully embarrassing haha.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    @Sinisterly: I would love to, but if he doesn't call and I see him again it'll be painfully embarrassing haha.
    Then leave a platonic note. An offer to hang out, so he won't feel pressured.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    You're eye candy girl! Life is full of risks and if you choose not to take any, then don't expect much to happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    @Ninerbuff: I just really don't want to have to transfer gyms. I approached a guy at my last gym and I did give him my number and he never called and he avoided me at the gym from then on. I transferred to the one I'm at now. It's actually a 24 Hour Fitness that's closer to my home too. I should talk to this guy though. Definitely my type.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Oh, then idk what to suggest. You don't want to have to move gyms due to awkwardness.
    Let him be the one to make the move?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I have a hopeless crush on this lovely man that works at my gym, he's a front desk attendant. I've had short, casual banter with him but nothing great. He's nice, but every gym employee is supposed to be nice so him being nice doesn't mean **** lol. I want to talk to him and obviously want to go on a date with him (lol that'd be a dream) but I don't even know if he's single. My friend from high school works there and I messaged her asking about him but she never responded :(. I feel immature even writing this question because I'll be 22 this year.

ask him if he's single. if he says yes, ask him if he's dating anyone. if he says no, ask him if he'd like to go for coffee sometime.

it's pretty simple really.

as a guy, i can tell you that it's really flattering to have a woman ask us out. don't be afraid. every guy likes to be asked out just as much as every girl likes to be asked out.

just do it. even if you feel awkward. even if he says "no thanks", he's still going to be flattered. there's no reason to feel weird later on either... you just paid him a compliment by asking him out and he's likely to be even friendlier to you from now on.

also, there's the chance he'll say "yes". :wink:
  • aafoo
    aafoo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Just say hi and talk to him! Take small steps!! Good Luck :)
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    @Brainyburro: I would totally rather have him say he's in a relationship then he's not interested. Might sting a little :p
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

ask him if he's single. if he says yes, ask him if he's dating anyone. if he says no, ask him if he'd like to go for coffee sometime.

as a guy, i can tell you that it's really flattering to have a woman ask us out. don't be afraid. every guy likes to be asked out just as much as every girl likes to be asked out.

just do it. even if you feel awkward. even if he says "no thanks", he's still going to be flattered. there's no reason to feel weird later on either... you just paid him a compliment by asking him out and he's likely to be even friendlier to you from now on.

I agree with this. Direct approach would be best.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Woman, you are gorgeous:). Be confident and casual and ask the guy if he'd like to get together sometime. Honestly, if he says no it is his loss, not yours!
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options

I agree as well. You'll never know what could of happened if you don't take a chance.

Just do it. :smile:
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    Would it be really weird to link you guys to a picture of him on the 24 Hour Fitness page? He's like freaking tall and I'm super short.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @Brainyburro: I would totally rather have him say he's in a relationship then he's not interested. Might sting a little :p

if he says no, it might simply be because he's caught off guard. just say "well, if you change your mind, you know where to find me" and flash him a confident smile. even if he hadn't thought of you that way previously, you just planted a seed in his head... and you never really know, he could come back and ask you out a day or two.

the thing to learn is to not take rejection personally. people say "no" for lots of reasons and few of them are truly a reflection on the desirability of person doing the asking out.

if he's single and not seeing anyone, he'll probably say yes to you anyway. :wink:
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    I shall try to establish rapport with him. I think that's a good thing to do. Baby steps hahah
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I agree as well. You'll never know what could of happened if you don't take a chance.

Just do it. :smile:

This happened to me a while back. She is in one of the fitness classes I regulary take and as I left the gym after class one day she asked me if I wanted to go get a smoothie drink at a health place nearby with her friend. I was surprised since it's been a very long time I've been apporached but I turned her down. I had to be some where and was late to begin with. I wanted to follow up with I would like to another time but my brain was too flabbergasted and I missed my chance.
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    Also, guys change their minds frequently and he could be interested one day and then uninterested the next. That's why I have problems with guys. Also, it's not like he's this f*cking gorgeous model that's out of my league or anything, he's attractive though.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have one on Mr. Physiotherapy guy at my gym.... :love: :embarassed:

I can only wish!
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    @Tamara: Just make sure he DOES NOT look like those player types. I definitely do not go after the "alpha male" type even though people think I look like an "alpha female" (no thanks). I prefer guys who are definitely really handsome, but don't have that cocky attitude and just want to hook up with all the girls. Luckily my gym guy doesn't seem like that, but who really f*cking knwos :(. I hope it works out with you though.