Gym Crush

Options

Replies

• Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!! :)
    A guy approached me in the gym one time, but I had a bf so sadly said no. But it felt so good that It happened and we became great gym friends!!!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    @Tamara: Just make sure he DOES NOT look like those player types. I definitely do not go after the "alpha male" type even though people think I look like an "alpha female" (no thanks). I prefer guys who are definitely really handsome, but don't have that cocky attitude and just want to hook up with all the girls. Luckily my gym guy doesn't seem like that, but who really f*cking knwos :(. I hope it works out with you though.

Definitely with you on this one - that is about 3/4 of the PTs there! Hope it works out with you too; you won't know until you get further in and start getting to know him outside of the gym!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    @Ninerbuff: I just really don't want to have to transfer gyms. I approached a guy at my last gym and I did give him my number and he never called and he avoided me at the gym from then on. I transferred to the one I'm at now. It's actually a 24 Hour Fitness that's closer to my home too. I should talk to this guy though. Definitely my type.
    Don't EXPECT that everyone you're interested is going to be into you. That's just how life is. Rejection is part of life and it's better to learn how to accept it rather than hide from it. If he doesn't take to you, it doesn't mean you're a bad person or bad looking. It's just means that he's not into you. And that's nothing to take personally.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • HapaHaole92
    HapaHaole92 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I talked to him today and he asked me out on a date and confessed he's been in love with me ever since he first saw me. HAHAHA JUST KIDDING.

I haven't gone to the gym yet but I'm going later tonight and I'm hoping he's there ;)!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I talked to him today and he asked me out on a date and confessed he's been in love with me ever since he first saw me. HAHAHA JUST KIDDING.

I haven't gone to the gym yet but I'm going later tonight and I'm hoping he's there ;)!
    Troll!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

But srsly, I laughed.
    You should bug your friend to find out lol.
  • Get_Fit_With_V
    Options
    Good luck Doll :)

When I go to the gym, I forget I'm a girl, lol. Headphones in, iron in hands, beast mode on. I don't make eye contact with anyone, unless someone comes up to me and asks me a question.

Let us know how it went!!
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    No risk, No reward!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Would it be really weird to link you guys to a picture of him on the 24 Hour Fitness page? He's like freaking tall and I'm super short.

As long as it's already public, let's see him!
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    Would it be really weird to link you guys to a picture of him on the 24 Hour Fitness page? He's like freaking tall and I'm super short.

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/r270/1473006_635284236532430_300630118_n.jpg

OBVIOUSLY he's on the right :p
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    O.o Tall.. You weren't kidding lol.
    Just say hi... Stare at him with a smile.. Then act like you didn't realize you were doing it :tongue:
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    O.o Tall.. You weren't kidding lol.
    Just say hi... Stare at him with a smile.. Then act like you didn't realize you were doing it :tongue:

The girl in the pic is like my height, 5'3 haha. He's really tall. I will do that, a smile is nice :)
  • HapaHaole92
    Options

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/r270/1473006_635284236532430_300630118_n.jpg

He's cute though? Right? I think so :D
  • Sinisterly
    Options

He's cute though? Right? I think so :D
    Not my type, but long as you like him is what matters!!
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    Hahah I see. Well let's hope he's there at the front desk tonight :D!!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    hrm i dunno i wouldn't take it further because i wouldn't want it to be awkward when i went to the gym - but thats just me haha
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    hrm i dunno i wouldn't take it further because i wouldn't want it to be awkward when i went to the gym - but thats just me haha

Well I am confident in how I look and how I act so if he doesn't like me it's his loss :)
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Well I am confident in how I look and how I act so if he doesn't like me it's his loss :)

Exactly
  • HapaHaole92
    Options

Exactly

I'm not conceited or anything, but I personally do not think he would call me ugly, maybe that's just me, maybe he's into blondes :p
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    Alsooo I'm going to try to have a 3 minute max conversation :happy: . I am just so excited haha.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Its really not that big of a deal.

I've been on both sides of the virtual desk & if you just be yourself and simple ask if he is single and follow up with "What's your schedule like this week?" You will have the two answers that will tell you if he is interested.

If he is, ask him out for coffee, if not...smile and walk away knowing there are plenty of good men that would love to share a cup & share smiles with you.

Best of luck...