Parasites controling your cravings. How true?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    There is some truth to that, but not as dramatically as what you stated. Not "controlling your mind completely".

Don't listen to her!! She's obviously one of them!
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Just as we've been evolving to survive disease, all the organisms that cause disease have been evolving right along with us.

actually, disease causing organisms evolve a heck of a lot faster than us, due to having much shorter generation times. But yes, the overall concept of there being an ongoing arms race between organisms' immune systems and disease causing organisms is correct.

Correct. :) and once again
    "there's a very strong cultural, negative response to the concept of a parasite of any kind. The irony is that...this is such a crucial creative force..If you want to evolve, you have to be open to being parasitized," Villarreal. smh

Infectious design, anybody?

Have any one of you studied this?
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm open to most things, including being colonised to evolve.

For my evolution, when I touch objects, I'd like to see everything they have seen.
  • mjp344
    mjp344 Posts: 2
    Options
    In my micro class the teacher said people were selling tape worm online and people would eat the parasite eggs to lose weight.

Look up The tapeworm diet.

It's really sick what some people do.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    What?!

I've had 2 parasites in my body controlling cravings... but I gave birth to them after about 40 weeks...

This is bad, but made me laugh! I've had 3 :P I feel you with this one.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    So I have a parasite that craves chocolate Yo - go cakes and hates doing dishes? This explains so much.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    They are called thetans.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I have seen some videos about parasites in your body that could be small or big, but controlling your cravings and mind completely. How true is that? Is there a way to kill them? or even finding out if you have them? I'll appreciate any input.

CigaretteSmokingMan.jpg

Don't be silly.