Parasites controling your cravings. How true?

Options
Hi Guys,
I have seen some videos about parasites in your body that could be small or big, but controlling your cravings and mind completely. How true is that? Is there a way to kill them? or even finding out if you have them? I'll appreciate any input.

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    What?!

I've had 2 parasites in my body controlling cravings... but I gave birth to them after about 40 weeks...
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry, but:

1de8e7e2_NicolasCageLaugh.gif
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I have seen some videos about parasites in your body that could be small or big, but controlling your cravings and mind completely. How true is that? Is there a way to kill them? or even finding out if you have them? I'll appreciate any input.

I would tighten your tinfoil hat to prevent them from controlling you
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I will shoot myself with a phaser before I will shoot Captain Kirk.

Kaaaaahhhhhnnnnn
  • Headingforhealthier
    Options
    I will shoot myself with a phaser before I will shoot Captain Kirk.

Kaaaaahhhhhnnnnn

^^ QFT.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Sounds a bit sci-fi to me.

Actually, I used to work in an herb shop and the shop owner peddalled these parasite cleanses. Can't honestly say I ever believed in it though. However, I'm pretty sure that if your body was riddled with parasites, these creatures probably do not possess such an advanced skill as mind control.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Hahaha whaaaat!?!?! No I am my cravings!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    sounds Scientologyish to me
  • LeslieRuth
    LeslieRuth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an absurd marketing ploy designed to scare people into buying some product to remedy said parasites. Run away.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Kill them with fire.
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Lol! I saw a video that said candida is a parasite that makes you crave sugar.
  • cmsmj1
    cmsmj1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nuke them from orbit. It is the only way to be sure...
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    While there are some worm-like and single-celled organisms that can infect humans, the vast majority are extraordinarily rarely encountered in developed countries. There is some evidence that certain parasites can affect or modify human behaviour, but certainly not in the way that you're suggesting.

Long story short: you don't need to worry about parasites. This question raises some alarm bells about delusions of parasitosis. That's a slippery slope you don't want to go down.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Absolutely true, I have one! We're hopeful that I'll be cured mid-April.

11htl34.png
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    What?!

I've had 2 parasites in my body controlling cravings... but I gave birth to them after about 40 weeks...

I'm at work right now, dang it! :laugh:
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    plankton-mind-control-o_zpsd99adb54.gif
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    One of my friends kids actually did have worms. They sell de-wormer (for people) over the counter. So weird.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm so in...
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    No, it's not true as far as I am aware.

Cravings are principally unconscious mental conditioning arising from a state of perceived deprivation. They may have some interplay with physiology but that is the smaller part of the equation.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    While there are some worm-like and single-celled organisms that can infect humans, the vast majority are extraordinarily rarely encountered in developed countries. There is some evidence that certain parasites can affect or modify human behaviour, but certainly not in the way that you're suggesting.

Long story short: you don't need to worry about parasites. This question raises some alarm bells about delusions of parasitosis. That's a slippery slope you don't want to go down.

+1