About to quit!

Options

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    1. You ate 200g+ of carbs yesterday and only 60g of protein. Reverse those. Every day. Seriously.
    2. See 1.
    3. Lift heavy things 3 times a week, light cardio the other two days (light so you don't stunt your recovery).

That's really all it should take.

I think he's right. Too many carbs. Carbs will cause you to retain water. I know this from personal experience.

Yes, macros are important, but if you're eating 200g of protein and 60g of carbs and are still in a calorie surplus you will gain.

Eat less than your body burns and you will lose weight.
  • freedomlady
    freedomlady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! You will get as thin as you want. My gosh you are working so hard. You must be eating to many calories. It is amazing how many calories are in foods that we would never think of. So track every LITTLE bit of food. Every thing you put in your mouth. Only eat the 1200 calories suggested. NO MORE!!!!!!! NO MATTER WHAT!!!! I promise you, you will loose again. Your body can put on 6 or more pounds of water weight overnight so do not be concerned at what the scale says, If you are eating 1200 calories, you are loosing and thats a fact. If you look at monthly weight loss you will see it.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!!!!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Accurate logging is your friend. Food scales too. Up your protein, do more resistance work.
  • freedomlady
    freedomlady Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are so right. Body measurements will definitely help when the body is holding on to water weight. Also when you work out Muscle holds more water so you will hold more water. This is a good thing but the scale doesn't look so good, but the body does.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Your diet is filled with sugar and processed foods. Also you don't eat enough protein.

Change your diet and exercise 1 hour every day!!

What he said.

Not really, as long as you eat at a calorie deficit you will lose weight. It doesn't matter what you are eating, weight will come off. That being said, diet can be healthy or not healthy, depending on what you eat. It doesn't mean you won't lose weight.

I agree here!!! What about all of the people who have lost with great success IIFYM style?
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Accurately weigh and measure everything, and log consistently for a month.
    Do you have 'cheat days'?
    Do you have alcohol and if so, are you accurately logging it?
    A weekend binge on food and alcohol can undo a week's worth of deficit. Consistency and honesty is crucial.
    Even HRM can overestimate burns.
    Up your protein and lower your carbs.
    Do some strength training.
    Your calorie maintenance level will be less now, than when you weighed more.

Your maintenance level will be less than someone else that has always been at your current weight. Losing weight lowers our metabolism a bit. Nothing you can do but try to limit that decrease as much as possible by adding muscle mass, or at least keeping it.

Bottom line is if you quit now, you will gain ALL your weight back. I know you don't want that.

Lower your expectations a bit. Weight loss will be slower now than when you first started.

And last, you look pretty amazing now. Don't be so hard on yourself. You can get back on track, just be patient.
  • kerryberry666
    kerryberry666 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have been at a weight loss Journey for over a year. My first year was EASY an I lost 50 lbs. Then it trickled slowly...60..then 65... then 70.. then 75... then, I said hmm.. I should step it up a notch!!

For the last month I have been busting my *kitten* at the gym. I burn anywhere from 700-1200 calories 4-5 times a week. I eat probably 1500-1800 calories a day now instead of 1200. Should I go back to 1200? I burn 1200 then at 1200, wouldn't that mean I am not eating?!..Or am just not eating enough for what I burn? I don't know anymore... I'm now lost. SO many different theories from everyone, I don't know what to think. " It's muscle weight" yeahhh 15 lbs of muscle? Body builders can't do that in 2 months c'mon... " its water weight".. suddenly? I am gaining water weight?! When I have been at this for 1.5 years? I dealt with LOSING water weight quick.. not gaining it in a month and it wont go away.

THe first year as easy for me.. I just did Zumba, and Walked 4 miles a day 4 times a week. It melted off. Granted my methods are different and maybe my body is adjusting but, it doesn't look like a positive change.. seeing that I am at a constant incline. THis time around like i said, 1500-1800 calories.. some lifting, some weights, " cardio kickboxing" Biking, Spinning, lots of conditioning.. I am 100% doing something incorrect here..

I at my lowest was 170. I am now as of this morning at 185.. I am so discouraged.

please any insight would help.. I'm genuinely trying to be a better heathier person.. and have been for a long time.. but this round, not feeling good.

Health isn't a number.
    Health is a feeling you get from eating good foods, staying active, and in this thinking clearly. If you focus on the activity and not the number, you are healthy.

Here is a video showing how bad of a quitter I was and where It got me. Feel free to watch and hopefully it can help you past this bump in the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTk_ge1KIPU

Your video made me cry. Well done!
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    1. You ate 200g+ of carbs yesterday and only 60g of protein. Reverse those. Every day. Seriously.
    2. See 1.
    3. Lift heavy things 3 times a week, light cardio the other two days (light so you don't stunt your recovery).

That's really all it should take.

Not everyone is on a low carb kick. 60 grams of carbs is pretty low IMHO.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    If you ask for help but don't listen to anyone's advice, my advice is to #JSF!
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Ok, I can't believe I am the first to post this, but:
    Are you really burning 1200 calories and eating only 1200 calories? If so, you are leaving your body absolutely nothing to funcition with! You should be NETTING a minimum of 1200 calories a day, which means after your workout is figured in, you should show that you consumed 1200 calories MORE than what you burned. If you really are only eating 1200 while also burning 1200 there is a good chance your body is hanging on to fat stores in an attempt to keep you from starving.
    You need to eat generally healthy foods (with "fatty" or sugary foods in moderation, of course :wink: ) and make sure that you are eating at least 1200 more calories than you burn every day. That means if you burn 1200 calories, you need to consume 2400 calories. I know it sounds like a lot, but it works. There are a TON of people on MFP who have had massive success, and this is always their advice.
    Good luck and don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM. I do about 2.5 hours at the gym sometimes mor depending on my energy. I go by what my HRM tells me.. not MFP.

HRMs aren't accurate, either.

Way overestimating burn, probably underestimating calories eaten. Do you weigh everything, every day?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Cortisol may be a culprit. Intense workouts at deep deficits will trigger a hormonal response. Have you considered just taking a break from exercise? It might surprise you how much a little rest will do for your body.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM. I do about 2.5 hours at the gym sometimes mor depending on my energy. I go by what my HRM tells me.. not MFP.

The HRM is fine for cardio, but it will doesn't work for weights. Also I know that mine gives me my gross burn, not taking into account my BMR calories. So I use this website: shapesense.com to calculate my gross, and then it gives you a link at the bottom to calculate the net. Enter the net in as your exercise calories burned.

Weigh, measure and log everything. Your numbers are off somewhere if you have gained 15 lbs.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I'll open it.. I don;t log every day, I try!

Problem solved. Log every day. you're eating more than you think :)

Ding Ding

Yep, gotta log everything you eat. The first year you were probably still at a deficit while not logging everything. But now that you're getting smaller you need to be more diligent about logging. Measure food and every single thing you eat should be logged. Try it for a month.... I bet you see a change.

ALso like above said, if you are working that much you need more protein. I don't think you need to reduce your carbs too much. You need carbs for energy. But you should aim for over 100g of protein a day. Watch the sodium, drink lots of water and LOG EVERYTHING.

You may also need to adjust your calories. Find your BMR and/or TDEE and adjust accordingly.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Are you really burning 1200 calories and eating only 1200 calories? If so, you are leaving your body absolutely nothing to funcition with! You should be NETTING a minimum of 1200 calories a day, which means after your workout is figured in, you should show that you consumed 1200 calories MORE than what you burned. If you really are only eating 1200 while also burning 1200 there is a good chance your body is hanging on to fat stores in an attempt to keep you from starving.
    You need to eat generally healthy foods (with "fatty" or sugary foods in moderation, of course :wink: ) and make sure that you are eating at least 1200 more calories than you burn every day. That means if you burn 1200 calories, you need to consume 2400 calories. I know it sounds like a lot, but it works. There are a TON of people on MFP who have had massive success, and this is always their advice.

Nobody else posted that, because it's not possible to gain weight while eating at a deficit. And the body doesn't "hang on" to fat stores to stop you from starving. About a million skinny people in Africa will prove you wrong, as well as every anorexic in America. Karen Carpenter would still be alive if that were the case.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    No **** something is wrong. But I am telling you the facts. My HRM shows me anywhere from 700-1200 calories. It is a fact. I'll modify my food to eat more protein, less carbs, and no processed foods.. thanks guys! :)

Agreed. Since you have everyone elses answers I'll throw out there that maybe you're preggers. Congrats!
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Nobody else posted that, because it's not possible to gain weight while eating at a deficit. And the body doesn't "hang on" to fat stores to stop you from starving. About a million skinny people in Africa will prove you wrong, as well as every anorexic in America. Karen Carpenter would still be alive if that were the case.

The starving people in Africa and Karen Carpenter didn't have any fat stores to hang on to in the first place.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

The starving people in Africa and Karen Carpenter didn't have any fat stores to hang on to in the first place.

Oh my lord, are you serious?
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    To those of you suggesting that she isn't eating enough-

No one gains 15 lbs eating at a deficit. It is NOT possible. So please stop saying that she isn't eating enough. You are only confusing matters.

ETA, and unless I missed it, I never saw the OP state that she is eating 1200 calories. Her logs for the past few days show over 1700.