2200 calories a day

Options

Replies

• 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    - eat dirtier...pizza, ice cream, etc

- eat more "clean" but calorie dense foods like nuts, nut butters avocado, etc.

- roast your broccoli in the oven with some olive oil

- add a little variety to your diet

- get a cook book/learn to cook

- beer

- pasta

- supplement you chicken intake with some delicious steak/brisket/short ribs/pulled pork, etc

- eat some salmon

2200 calories is EZ

Words to live by!
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    two words: chocolate. cake.

why would I eat chocolate cake on a cut..?

OP do you label foods as good and bad while on a cut? Not being snarky really, just wondering.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    You didn't ask for support in your first post, you asked if other's thought what you were planning would be a good idea and included health concerns as one of the general parameters. Several posters stated reasons why they did not agree with what you were planning. Several posters questioned why you couldn't find a way of meeting your nutritional goals in a less extreme manner. I agree with those posters, and while most of my comments were not specifically directed towards you, I did express in them several reasons why your approach to the fitness goals you have listed might be serious cause for concern.

Now you have redacted and claim you don't want other's opinions and plan to follow this diet strategy no matter what very good advice other posters have given you. I doubt there will be many reading this that will find that at all surprising. I do not have anything positive to say about what you are planning. I have no intention of trying to convince you that is not a good idea, it would be a fruitless endeavor.

The majority of my comments were directed towards another poster, and while I will apologize for the hijack, it's a public forum and sometimes these things happen. When someone wants to start an argument with me, I'm more than happy to oblige.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    Not reading that novel, but thanks for your support.

Thinks a few paragraphs constitutes a novel, yep, sounds about right.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Um, what is toxic about ketones?

Except for diabetic ketoacidosis (emphasize acidosis--this is a metabolic derangement), ketones don't hurt the body. They are an energy source for when glycogen is depleted.

And, OMG, burning the stored fat in our fat cells!!!! Wait, isn't that the goal?
    Not a good idea...see below from MedicineNet.com...The recommended amount of protein daily for an adult male is only 56 grams, and excess amounts can lead to trouble:

The recommended amount of protein consumption is about 10%-35% of your daily calories. Adult women need, on average, 46 grams of protein a day, while adult men need about 56 grams. A 3-ounce portion of meat has about 21 grams of protein, and 8 ounces of yogurt has about 11 grams. One cup of dry beans contains about 16 grams of protein.

Consuming excess protein in the diet (over 35% of total calories), especially with carbohydrate restriction, can lead to the buildup of toxic ketones, substances made when the body uses its own fat cells for fuel in the absence of sufficient carbohydrates. Ketones can harm the kidneys as they try to excrete these substances. This is accompanied by a corresponding loss of water through the kidneys, leading to dehydration.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    0248df0f-7501-4871-a118-b8813205e53f_zps901f86c3.jpg?t=1389650782
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine actually has liver failure now due to overuse of Protein shakes...Be careful, I wouldn't suggest it. Try asking your doctor, or see a nutritionist to help you create a menu.

Good luck!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    0248df0f-7501-4871-a118-b8813205e53f_zps901f86c3.jpg?t=1389650782

Do you mind if I steal this, may have use for it in future....:flowerforyou:
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Amber I don't understand what your problem is? Are you drinking 16 shakes a day? Are you hitting the gym twice a day? I don't like your passive aggressive support. Either you accept my diet or you don't. I don't think you're a doctor, we are all different, what works for me won't work for you. So please, if you have nothing positive to say, I suggest you move on. No one is going to change my mind, I'm on the quest to hit sub 10% body fat by the summer. So if you want to show me your support great, if not oh well see you on the other side.

What are your plans after you hit that sub 10% body fat? Where will you go from there?

BTW If you want to drink shakes...your choice. You are an adult and can make your own decisions whether I agree with the or not. (I think at least your are an adult...or did you say that you were still in high school?) Either way...we are just some anonymous people on the net...so....not much that we can do to stop you.

If by chance you are still in high school...what do your parents think of this?
  • thmgoodw
    Options
    If I see one more post about how if you consume more than 50g or 70g, or whatever, of protein a day, you are going to die or some such nonsense the veins in my neck are going to explode.

bodybuilders, strength athletes, football players, and just generally big, muscular people have been consuming good doses of protein for ages. If you want to look like a marathon runner, keep on with the 50g of protein a day folks. If you want to actually look healthy with muscle, then don't.

As to the OP, not sure if you are serious or what...but I don't see a couple of protein shakes a day hurting. I've known people to only eat shakes (with added flax) for 4 weeks before (see Velocity diet at T-nation), but that doesn't seem like a good option long term ;-)

My recommendation to boost your numbers. Natural peanut butter. Lots of it. pretty caloric dense, and pretty good macronutriet profile for those looking to get protein + healthy fat.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You can do it but it's not particularly nutritionally balanced and you'll probably get constipated.

I would at least figure out a way to get fiber in there. Ground flax seed probably.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    LMFAO! Can't believe so many people are taking this seriously. OP (and I mean this sincerely) WELL PLAYED!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think you'd be very satisfied drinking your meals. Why don't you eat more calorie dense foods? And 480 g of protein???

Been eating chicken and broccoli for like a year. So sick of it.

The problem is, you're doing it wrong.

And now you're asking if you can do it wrong a different way.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Day #3. I weighed in the same this morning. For the people messaging asking me if I make the shakes before, I took a picture of what I normally pack before school. It's not that hard... 8 bags, 2 scoops each.
    5xlima.jpg