72 oz steak in under 4 minutes

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I find this weird.

I love my steak but I would never disrespect both the animal that died for me and the chef that bothered to cook it for me by basically ramming it down my throat. It should be savoured and enjoyed.

Not impressive at all. In fact, quite disgusting, since half of the world is starving. This is gross overeating.

I really don't understand how you disrespect a 'dead animal" by woofing the food down…would it be more respectful to the animal to eat tiny small bites and take two hours to eat the whole thing…?

Plus, the chef/cook knew it was a competition that they were cooking for..

Lighten up and live a little..sheesh….

I respect the animal by eating it, savouring it and enjoying it. Not chucking it down my neck. I wouldn't take two hours but slightly more than 2 mins 44 secs.

I am trying to lighten up. That's why I'm on MFP! :flowerforyou:

Do you really think the animal cares?

by your logic, nothing dead can be disresepected?
    an animal that was killed for a steak…no, it can't be…

now, if we are talking about digging up graves of peoples children or something then I would say yes…but specifically as it relates to animals killed for food, I will stick with no.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member

Not impressive at all. In fact, quite disgusting, since half of the world is starving. This is gross overeating.

if she had just thrown the steak away then I could relate to the 'world is starving' comment…but thinking you are off base here...

i'd say glutony is kinda disgusting as people starve. not that im not guilty of it myself, but this is just an even more extreme case

so ban all food competitions?
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    For the same reason why I find the TV programme Man vs Food and various other programmes in its genre, disgusting. It's gross overeating? For what?

Hasn't western culture got enough food without super-sizing portions to the extreme?

Aren't we all here because we have realised that humans don't need that much food?

The normalising of giant portions is not helping this or the next generation.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member

if she had just thrown the steak away then I could relate to the 'world is starving' comment…but thinking you are off base here...

i'd say glutony is kinda disgusting as people starve. not that im not guilty of it myself, but this is just an even more extreme case

so ban all food competitions?

no one ever said that.

but they are all disgusting
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

no, nothing dead can give a shish
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    I find this weird.

I love my steak but I would never disrespect both the animal that died for me and the chef that bothered to cook it for me by basically ramming it down my throat. It should be savoured and enjoyed.

lol. i'm just gonna put this out there. if any of y'all decide to kill and eat me, the act of killing me would be the part that perturbed me, not the speed at which you consumed my flesh.

and if i happen to get reincarnated as a chef, if you order some food that i end up cooking, you can show your respect by paying for it and gtfo, not sitting there all day using up a seat that could be filled by another paying customer.

and what does the other half of the world have to do with the food that's on her plate? were they right about to dig in when the chef came by, stole the meat off of their plate, crushed it together in 72 ounce blob, and then served it to her?

For her she just needs to eat it and get out because she ate it fast enough that the meal is free. This is a food challenge in Amarillo Texas. You have a time limit (though it is more than 3 minutes) and have to eat everything, steak, sides and drink and your meal is free. Otherwise its like $100.
  • DavPul
    i'm offended by gross over-whining
  • Rage_Phish

no, nothing dead can give a shish

that doesnt mean it cant be disrespected
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    For the same reason why I find the TV programme Man vs Food and various other programmes in its genre, disgusting. It's gross overeating? For what?

Hasn't western culture got enough food without super-sizing portions to the extreme?

Aren't we all here because we have realised that humans don't need that much food?

The normalising of giant portions is not helping this or the next generation.

I love man v Food. Damn I miss that show.
  • Kabijots
    i'm offended by gross over-whining

Fair enough. Just thought I'd throw my two-pennyworth in :smile:
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    I am impressed..... and kind of nauseous.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    My new hero.

The next time someone complains *I* 'inhale' food, I shall point them her way :D.

I'm here because I want a nicer body - often that CAN include eating a lot of food, as it goes - even often necessititates it - I've averaged over 2500 calories the last few days while STILL losing a good bit of weight!.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    It impressed me. She's making a little extra money entering these competitions for her family and seems to be enjoying it. She's been doing this for a year and is a natural. She said if it affects her health she'll stop.

She's a champion in her sport :drinker:

I
  • Kabijots
    I find this weird.

I really don't understand how you disrespect a 'dead animal" by woofing the food down…would it be more respectful to the animal to eat tiny small bites and take two hours to eat the whole thing…?

I respect the animal by eating it, savouring it and enjoying it. Not chucking it down my neck. I wouldn't take two hours but slightly more than 2 mins 44 secs.

Possibly not now. But I treat others how I wish to be treated. If someone shot me for meat, I'd hope that they'd cook me properly, add a nice sauce and savour my flavour. Not ram me down their throat in under three mins.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,656 Member
    I couldn't watch the whole video, I felt sick watching her.

Seriously, it's disgusting.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    I'm not going to touch the disrespect dispute, ugh. I will say that a big juicy steak has a big enjoyment/flavor/experience value to many people including me, and she got very little if any of that, which seems like a waste. She got most of the nutritional value for free so that's good I guess, but that was only a portion of the total value of the steak.

Either way it was interesting to watch and she got a bit of internet fame which may be more of an experience value to her than enjoying the steak.
  • Kabijots
    Ah, yes. She should have just cut herself off a 4oz portion and shipped the leftovers to Africa! :drinker:

No. But 72 oz!!! Normal restaurant portions are 8/10/12 oz which is very filling (and I'm not small and I LOVE my steak). But I say again 72??!! Can you not see the disparity here? I don't think this should be celebrated.

I note that on this forum not everyone agrees. Each to their own.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    I find this weird.

Possibly not now. But I treat others how I wish to be treated. If someone shot me for meat, I'd hope that they'd cook me properly, add a nice sauce and savour my flavour. Not ram me down their throat in under three mins.

I think you forget that we're all animals here... biologically at least. You think a lion cooks his meal up with a nice sauce? Didn't think so.
  • DavPul
    I find this weird.

I dunno, back when I was single and dating I wouldn't have complained but hey, to each their own
  • Rage_Phish
    I find this weird.

I think you forget that we're all animals here... biologically at least. You think a lion cooks his meal up with a nice sauce? Didn't think so.

i personally hold myself to higher standrads than a wild animal