72 oz steak in under 4 minutes

Options

Replies

• funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I find this weird.

I love my steak but I would never disrespect both the animal that died for me and the chef that bothered to cook it for me by basically ramming it down my throat. It should be savoured and enjoyed.

Not impressive at all. In fact, quite disgusting, since half of the world is starving. This is gross overeating.

I really don't understand how you disrespect a 'dead animal" by woofing the food down…would it be more respectful to the animal to eat tiny small bites and take two hours to eat the whole thing…?

Plus, the chef/cook knew it was a competition that they were cooking for..

Lighten up and live a little..sheesh….

I respect the animal by eating it, savouring it and enjoying it. Not chucking it down my neck. I wouldn't take two hours but slightly more than 2 mins 44 secs.

I am trying to lighten up. That's why I'm on MFP! :flowerforyou:

Do you really think the animal cares?

Possibly not now. But I treat others how I wish to be treated. If someone shot me for meat, I'd hope that they'd cook me properly, add a nice sauce and savour my flavour. Not ram me down their throat in under three mins.

I think you forget that we're all animals here... biologically at least. You think a lion cooks his meal up with a nice sauce? Didn't think so.

i personally hold myself to higher standrads than a wild animal

Worship the mighty Rage_Phish! He's better than the rest of us!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    She entered a competition, and not only won,but smashed the record.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Just in case anyone wants to know if this fits their macros:

72 ounces of Top Sirloin is...
    3,420 calories
    90 grams of fat, 0 carbs.
    630 grams of protein.
    I felt like i was watching a bunch of lions on animal planet.

This is an apt comparison. I think she was about on pace with a hyena. Although it's worth pointing out that they're about our size and can consume over 30 pounds of meat in a single meal. So if she wants to compete in that bracket she would need about 6 more steaks.

...I wonder if all humans are capable of this but we just don't for emotional/social reasons.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

3,420 calories
    630 grams of protein.

This is an apt comparison. I think she was about on pace with a hyena. Although it's worth pointing out that they're about our size and can consume over 30 pounds of meat in a single meal. So if she wants to compete in that bracket she would need about 6 more steaks.

...I wonder if all humans are capable of this but we just don't for emotional/social reasons.

WHY ARE THESE HYENAS CONSUMING SO MUCH MEAT WHEN HALF THE WORLD IS STARVING?
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    2:44 to be exact. That woman doesn't stop to chew. Just bites and swallows.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yes I noticed that as well. My throat felt as if it was closing up because I was wondering how in the world was she not getting choked on the bites that she was taking!?!?!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

3,420 calories
    630 grams of protein.

Humans choke on sandwiches with frequency. Tearing into a steak like a wolf (or hyena, good call) is a darwin check.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I find this weird.

I love my steak but I would never disrespect both the animal that died for me and the chef that bothered to cook it for me by basically ramming it down my throat. It should be savoured and enjoyed.

Not impressive at all. In fact, quite disgusting, since half of the world is starving. This is gross overeating.

I really don't understand how you disrespect a 'dead animal" by woofing the food down…would it be more respectful to the animal to eat tiny small bites and take two hours to eat the whole thing…?

I respect the animal by eating it, savouring it and enjoying it. Not chucking it down my neck. I wouldn't take two hours but slightly more than 2 mins 44 secs.

Possibly not now. But I treat others how I wish to be treated. If someone shot me for meat, I'd hope that they'd cook me properly, add a nice sauce and savour my flavour. Not ram me down their throat in under three mins.

I think you forget that we're all animals here... biologically at least. You think a lion cooks his meal up with a nice sauce? Didn't think so.

i personally hold myself to higher standrads than a wild animal

Worship the mighty Rage_Phish! He's better than the rest of us!

not at all what i said.

but fel free to worship, i will show you the all mighty light
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    She entered a competition, and not only won,but smashed the record.

that she did!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to touch the disrespect dispute, ugh. I will say that a big juicy steak has a big enjoyment/flavor/experience value to many people including me, and she got very little if any of that, which seems like a waste. She got most of the nutritional value for free so that's good I guess, but that was only a portion of the total value of the steak.

Either way it was interesting to watch and she got a bit of internet fame which may be more of an experience value to her than enjoying the steak.

It's a competition. It wasn't a steak made for enjoying, it was made for eating as fast as possible.
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options

3,420 calories
    630 grams of protein.

WHY ARE THESE HYENAS CONSUMING SO MUCH MEAT WHEN HALF THE WORLD IS STARVING?

I'd just like to point out that hyenas are sometimes scavengers (so something else has already feasted on the carcass that they are eating) or when they hunt, they leave the carcass behind so the vultures can eat off the bones and nothing is wasted.

They share the food in their pack and I doubt that any one member could overeat so much. Unlike humans.
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I find this weird.

I'm a lion and I like to cook up my meat and make a nice sauce. Don't tar us all with the same brush!v:wink:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to touch the disrespect dispute, ugh. I will say that a big juicy steak has a big enjoyment/flavor/experience value to many people including me, and she got very little if any of that, which seems like a waste. She got most of the nutritional value for free so that's good I guess, but that was only a portion of the total value of the steak.

Either way it was interesting to watch and she got a bit of internet fame which may be more of an experience value to her than enjoying the steak.

It's a competition. It wasn't a steak made for enjoying, it was made for eating as fast as possible.

I understand that everyone knew that going in. That doesn't reduce the potential that steak had for being enjoyable that was wasted. Again, that was most likely replaced by the enjoyment of the competition, which of course, the steak played a part in.

This discussion is a bit of a waste of potential enjoyable time too though, so I'll move on. Nice pic, the wine looks delicious!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I enjoy being a member THE apex predator race. That doesn't even apply since the cow was specifically brought into this world, raised, slaughter, packaged, & sold to be food. That cow would not have been alive if it wasn't for the fact it was going to be food for humans. Killjoy.

__HighHorse.jpg
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I enjoy being a member THE apex predator race. That doesn't even apply since the cow was specifically brought into this world, raised, slaughter, packaged, & sold to be food. That cow would not have been alive if it wasn't for the fact it was going to be food for humans. Killjoy.

I love that pic. Thats what I told my mom when she got mad at me choosing a live christmas tree over a fake one. Neither the tree nor the cow would have existed if it wasn't for our demand to consume/purchase them.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This thread is why we can't have nice things.

I'm going to a steakhouse tomorrow. I'm getting the BIG steak. And shrimp. Maybe scallops. Why? Because I can. Cows had best learn to deal with my disrespect. Only plants are safe from me.

Actually my husband points out that wheat is a plant and I mean to eat all the bread. Oh well.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    i'm offended by gross over-whining

I'm offended by overweight people and formerly over weight people complaining about overindulgence.
    If you are really concerned about the poverty in the third world, a place where I spent quite a few years, make an effort to do something - not whine about a steak and the woman that had it.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I find this weird.

That isn't why half of the world is starving.

It isn't the reason why half the world is starving but it is pretty awful that someone could eat a 72oz steak in one breath and half the world are on basically rice. If the poorer parts of the world were lucky enough to get steak (highly unlikely) it would feed one than one person. Probably a family.
    buzz_killington.jpg
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    holy crap that was insane!!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    she ate a 12 pound sandwich and 1 pound of fries the night before this. if she was a dinner guest at my home i'm not sure what i'd fear more, the cost of having to feed her or the thought of her using the toilet in my main bathroom.

200_s.gif

lmfao!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    That's nuts!