Finally my Story Female 130lbs Lost with LOTS of Pics

Options

Replies

• Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That is simply amazing. You and your husband look so young and healthy and now you can really be active and enjoy your little one.

You are a beautiful young woman!!
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Congrats on your wonderful story! And what a beautiful little boy you have :)
  • JaclynSPR13
    JaclynSPR13 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats .. You look great .. Did you do any specific exercises to tone your arms and hope you don't mind me asking how many calories did you target to eat while losing .

I did not do any target training. I have found that your body will lose where it wants to. You cannot target specific areas. I ate between 1200 and 1300 calories a day. I don't eat any calories earned by the workouts. I focus very heavily on eating the "right" foods and not their calorie content. Avocados for example are very high in calories but have lots of good fats and nutrients.
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story, great inspiration!
  • JaclynSPR13
    Options
    Your determination and success should be applauded..???? . Your are an inspiration too so many of us. I know there were days that you struggled, since normally the last few lbs love to stick around a bit longer. Curious, and may be too personal to address here in the forum.... your skin is very toned and glowing, how did you deal with the problem of loose skin, especially after major weight loss. These area under the arm is very difficult for me and for me it's my Achilles heel ( problem area). The next area is upper thighs, skin jiggly....would love any tips- You can PM if you feel more comfortable.

Ok, for the skin. I got lucky with my arms. I stayed hydrated, applied lotion daily (good stuff not bath and body works) and I made sure to exercise. Not arm workouts specifically. They were very jiggly at first. Over time they got better. As for the upper thigh and stomach area, I was not so fortunate. This was very hard for me to swallow at first. I worked so hard to lose weight but I didn't get the perks of a naturally skinny person. I eventually got over it. I realized that no matter how jiggly my stomach or legs were it was better than being fat. And my husband still loves me even with jiggly areas!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! You should be proud!!!!
  • JaclynSPR13
    Options
    Your story is amazing to me! I have probably joined Weight Watchers at least a dozen times over the years. How much weight did you lose on Weight Watchers and how much since then? Did you stick to the calories given to you by MFP? Did you eat back your exercise calories? Thanks in advance for your advice!
    Wendy
    I lost around 40 on weight watchers. I do have to give them some credit for teaching you the basics. Drink water, eat lean protein, eat 2-3 dairy products a day and eat 5+ servings if fruits and veggies a day. I actually still go to meetings now (again) to support my mom on her journey. She needs the weekly accountability. I lost the other 90 off of weight watchers tracking on MFP. I do not eat my workout calories.
  • TravelinChiGal
    TravelinChiGal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Very inspiring!!! I can't wait to post my "I hit goal" success story like you!
  • TBarron784
    TBarron784 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great story, sticking too and dispelling diet as we think of it and reminding us that its a lifestyle change. Words are very powerful. In my eyes you went from looking sick to healthy. I heard a guy once say that he knew he was allergic to too much of this and that type of food because when he ate them he blew up. Just like when someone gets ahold of something they are allergic to one of the common results is swelling. He said that when he stopped eating them the swelling went down. Your pics are a exact example of this. Congrats!!
  • jenns717
    jenns717 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to so many! Thank you for writing your history.
  • TBarron784
    TBarron784 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do not eat my workout calories. My biggest lesson for today!!!!!!!
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard to keep hearing the same thing over and over again but WOW !! Amazing job !! :bigsmile:

Oh and Hubby looks great too !:blushing:

I have gotten to the longest plateau yet and you hit the nail on the head in one of your responses about weighing foods.

I have lost 72 pounds without weighing foods but I am now at a point where I know that this is my issue , because I exercise and stay below " estimated calories " and am not losing .I will be buying a food scale next week and get the rest of this weight off,. Thank you for sharing .
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Well done! You are truly and inspiration and give hope that yes, I can do it.
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    wow!!! you look incredible!!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My jaw literally dropped. You are such an inspiration.
  • BXCHICAinOHIO
    BXCHICAinOHIO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ditto ditto on all the comments (7 pages) above me: You ROCK! You Kick *kitten*! You look like a different person! Your husband looks great. ALL OF IT! =) What I do appreciate is you mentioning WW as a positive. I did WW, lost about 40 lbs....gained it back over 2 years bc of ME, not a reflection of WW. Now I'm on MFP and echoing your sentiments, I learned SO many of the basics from WW and honestly that helps me SO much now. Even when I wasn't tracking, what I learned STUCK w me AND influenced me and my choices. Once again congratulations & thank you for sharing! All the best for continued success. Happy New Year!
  • JaclynSPR13
    Options
    I know it's hard to keep hearing the same thing over and over again but WOW !! Amazing job !! :bigsmile:

Oh and Hubby looks great too !:blushing:

I have gotten to the longest plateau yet and you hit the nail on the head in one of your responses about weighing foods.

I have lost 72 pounds without weighing foods but I am now at a point where I know that this is my issue , because I exercise and stay below " estimated calories " and am not losing .I will be buying a food scale next week and get the rest of this weight off,. Thank you for sharing .

I too started out without weighing my food. I found when I did start weighing my food that I was way over estimating. I also weigh food that can be measured in a cup. Take marshmallows for example. If you need a cup of marshmallows you will see very quickly that there is a lot of empty space. And how do you effectively measure a cup of miniature marshmallows and then turn around and measure a cup of regular size marshmallows? I know marshmallows are a bad example (not a good food). Grapes are a better healthier example. Now, go measure a cup of grapes and then weigh them. Compare.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job, congratulations!!
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    OUTSTANDING!!
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :drinker: You look amazing and healthy!!! You and your hubby are a gorgeous couple (and have a beautiful little boy too :smile:). What an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!