Replies

• Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Super Job. Thanks for sharing your journey. Keep up the good work. Now that you know how to do it go help someone else that is struggling.
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    JJananii wrote: »
    Awesome job! And you have a beautiful family :smile:

ditto that above. Exactly what I was thinking.....gorgeous family. Congratulations to you! You will certainly inspire others.
  • KateRMcCarrell
    KateRMcCarrell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!
  • megbugs
    megbugs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey Jaclyn, I read you ate between 1200-1300 calories a day. Was that what mfp suggested for you? Or did you eat less than your suggestion? I'm looking through my log and see I'm eating 1300-1400 a day and mfp suggests 1369 calories. Just curious because your 80 lb weight loss in the beginning is so amazing! I think you're such an inspiration! I, like you, want to focus on eating clean and exercising daily has really put me in a great frame of mind to want to continue! Thank you for your post and for also answering everyone's questions!
  • JaclynSPR13
    JaclynSPR13 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    megbugs wrote: »
    Hey Jaclyn, I read you ate between 1200-1300 calories a day. Was that what mfp suggested for you? Or did you eat less than your suggestion? I'm looking through my log and see I'm eating 1300-1400 a day and mfp suggests 1369 calories. Just curious because your 80 lb weight loss in the beginning is so amazing! I think you're such an inspiration! I, like you, want to focus on eating clean and exercising daily has really put me in a great frame of mind to want to continue! Thank you for your post and for also answering everyone's questions!

Hey, while losing weight MFP did suggest 1200 a day because of how I set up my goals and activity. I had it set to lose 2lbs a week with no activity. Also, like I mentioned before I did not eat my workout calories. I think that's why I lost so much so quickly.
  • sprylady
    sprylady Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed your journey story. I'm going to be telling mine one day too.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    megbugs wrote: »

Hey, while losing weight MFP did suggest 1200 a day because of how I set up my goals and activity. I had it set to lose 2lbs a week with no activity. Also, like I mentioned before I did not eat my workout calories. I think that's why I lost so much so quickly.

How is maintenance for you Jaclyn? Are you finding it easier or harder than weight loss?
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    eileensofianmushinfine Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    you are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing!
  • CherylanneCorsini
    CherylanneCorsini Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love food too so reading this helped me see it can be done. What a beautiful family, you look so healthy too!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Awesome results. The regaining part has tripped me up my entire life. This time around I am only eating foods to lose weight that I plan to eat the rest of my life which means no more processed foods. You are very young but in my case I was running out of life to get things turned around. Great you have improving health to enjoy for many years to come with your family. Keep up what you are going as well as being an encouragement to others of us dealing with obesity.
  • zoonaferoza2015
    zoonaferoza2015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Absolutely jaw dropping!
    Some questions though..
    Why did you give up diet soda.... Doesn't it have zero calories? Secondly can you elaborate on what's the difference between dieting indefinitely and changing lifestyle cos it seems the same to me.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    An old post but wow what a journey !!!
    Congrats on making work!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Jaw-dropping, gorgeous transition. JUST WOW!
  • BabyPhat90713
    BabyPhat90713 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Inspirational
  • JaclynSPR13
    JaclynSPR13 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Absolutely jaw dropping!
    Some questions though..
    Why did you give up diet soda.... Doesn't it have zero calories? Secondly can you elaborate on what's the difference between dieting indefinitely and changing lifestyle cos it seems the same to me.

I eliminated diet soda simply because it isn't good for you. Yes it's zero calories and I still enjoy one occasionally.
    And the difference between dieting and a lifestyle change- you diet to lose the weight... Not to maintain that way of life.
  • elarian
    elarian Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome and great inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
  • Christina8720
    Christina8720 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Thank you for sharing.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    holy cow...simply amazing. I am sure your family is super proud of you!
  • DianeT74
    DianeT74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You do look great, and you were always smiling in your before pics and you looked happy. Now in your after pics you look amazing as well. and yes your hubby does too. I need motivation, how did you stay motivated? i am new on this, i need friends and encouragement. How do i get friends on here? Do people really care?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!