Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I changed the labels to times rather than lunch, snack, dinner etc. So I just log the food in the time slots rather than placing them in a particular meal. Depending if I'm on or not, dinner may come at 8 AM.
  • xxsarahapril
    xxsarahapril Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I'll try that
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I'll try that

That exactly what my diary looks like too. That way I don't feel too weird logging a pork chop at 4am lol
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Anyone have some good recommendations for books to read? I have a nook that needs to some love!
  • Toneloe
    Toneloe Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Sports Illustrated is a good one. What you think?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Do you like sci-fi? Ender's Game is a fantastic series. I also recommend pretty much anything by Douglas Adams or Terry Pratchett, though they are not so much sci-fi.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ugh. I don't know why, but I feel so out-of-sorts tonight!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Toneloe wrote: »

I get the Food Network Magazine so I'm good there lol.

It was an afterthought to post what kind of books. Never read sci-fi but I enjoy the movies. I like true crime, dystopian.

I gained three pounds since Wednesday morning :neutral:

I'm calling an endocrinologist Monday morning. I don't think my family dr is managing this whole thyroid thing right and it's really starting to get on my nerves. My hubs said a coworker of his went thru a few dr's before the one he referred me, who got his thyroid meds figured out.

Maybe I'll just be fat forever. It's a possibility.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Anyone have some good recommendations for books to read? I have a nook that needs to some love!

I read historial fiction, mostly centered around Medieval England and the Roman Empire. If you're interested Ican suggest some.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association has some good articles from time to time. Most my other books are reference books so they don't make for great bedtime stories. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Toneloe wrote: »

I get the Food Network Magazine so I'm good there lol.

It was an afterthought to post what kind of books. Never read sci-fi but I enjoy the movies. I like true crime, dystopian.

I gained three pounds since Wednesday morning :neutral:

I'm calling an endocrinologist Monday morning. I don't think my family dr is managing this whole thyroid thing right and it's really starting to get on my nerves. My hubs said a coworker of his went thru a few dr's before the one he referred me, who got his thyroid meds figured out.

Maybe I'll just be fat forever. It's a possibility.

I think sometimes family docs just lack the knowledge to treat specific disorders. Good luck with the new endo!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm so over work, the weekend, and my co-worker.

If he huffs and puffs one more time about having to do his job... :angry:

Just two more hours....
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Just two more hours....
    2? lucky! 6 more hours until I am free for my weekend!

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Just two more hours....

I have one of those... Her name is Carla and she huffs and puffs about EVERYTHING and is such a .... yeah...
    Thank goodness she is stranded at the other campus. :grin:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I have tonight and tomorrow night and then it's my 'weekend'!

I have to do some errands on either Thursday or Wednesday, I haven't decided which yet. I'm leaning more and more towards getting it all over with on Wednesday and then saving Thursday for just gym time and spending the rest of my time sleeping. :sleeping:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    That's the way to do it. Get it all out off the way then you can do the rest of the weekend at your pace.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It's to the point were I'm considering switching squads and moving to the other night shift rotation but I like my guys too much.

He really ticked me off when they finally hired a new dispatcher. She has several years experience and just needs to get her stuff moved and learn our CAD system. She's working days first so she can do her HR stuff. Two weeks from today, she'll come to our squad to finish training. My partner has stated quite plainly that he isn't training her and I'll do it. Way to be a team player :angry: But I doubt I'll have to train her more than a week or two but still.

Now I have 2 more shifts till my weekend :lol:

• bethanie0825
    Options
    Alllll byyyyy myyyselllllfffff

Did you sing that when you read it?? I imagine Donkey from Shrek :lol:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It has been on of those nights so far...40 mins late to work because of poorly-planned construction combined with an accident closing off another intersection on my route to work, mind you I'm the person who panics if I'm 1-2 minutes late. Then I get to work and the printer's broken. I basically can't do anything without it...I texted my boss, who my coworker says knows about, but I'm guessing she asleep, because she hasn't responded. Ugh.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    It has been on of those nights so far...40 mins late to work because of poorly-planned construction combined with an accident closing off another intersection on my route to work, mind you I'm the person who panics if I'm 1-2 minutes late. Then I get to work and the printer's broken. I basically can't do anything without it...I texted my boss, who my coworker says knows about, but I'm guessing she asleep, because she hasn't responded. Ugh.

Don't I know it.

I get to work and I'm having my coffee and my boss starts in: "Why aren't you doing area checks yet?" and "You shouldn't be sitting here, you should be doing area checks."

So I get out of the office and I'm walking around checking things from 1am-3am and when I get back I get:
    "You were gone too long! Why weren't you here watching the cameras?" and "Dispatch called and I had to answer the phone!" :unamused:

MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!

Then, after ALL of that, he leaves to go to the other campus. :expressionless: