Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Kickin' off the weekend! I'm getting more and more excited about my vacation in August!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    We're hiking the Grand Canyon before headed to LA for a wedding. I've never been out west so I'm stoked.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    That sounds awesome! I've wanted to see the Grand Canyon for a long time! I'm headed to Denver for a week with a friend who used to live there. We're gonna hike, raft, and see a ball game. Dunno what else yet!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    OMG why do people feel it necessary to call me and declare the time!? "It is 11pm and someone is having a loud party. It's 11pm, why are they doing this?" I'm am quite aware of the time, thanks.

Then don't want to neighbors to know who called so I don't ask for her info and she feels the need to state twice, not to tell them who called. I told her I couldn't bc "I didn't get your info ma'am."

Every single night this happens. And she was not the first person I have spoken with tonight, who felt the need to state the time when they called.

And if my husband keeps trying to squeeze more activities into our trip, I'm going to lose my cool. We do not have time to hike into the canyon and out (probably 12-14 miles), drive an hour to our hotel, wake up the next day and drive a few more hours to a different spot and hike 20 miles in and back to see a waterfall. Then drive several hours to LA.
  • bethanie0825
    edited June 2016
    Options
    acvbc5qjdkfb.jpeg

Well....crap
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @Bethanie0825 I've been there. Should be a 'fun' night for you. Good luck! :grimace:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    OMG why do people feel it necessary to call me and declare the time!? "It is 11pm and someone is having a loud party. It's 11pm, why are they doing this?" I'm am quite aware of the time, thanks.

Then don't want to neighbors to know who called so I don't ask for her info and she feels the need to state twice, not to tell them who called. I told her I couldn't bc "I didn't get your info ma'am."

Every single night this happens. And she was not the first person I have spoken with tonight, who felt the need to state the time when they called.

And if my husband keeps trying to squeeze more activities into our trip, I'm going to lose my cool. We do not have time to hike into the canyon and out (probably 12-14 miles), drive an hour to our hotel, wake up the next day and drive a few more hours to a different spot and hike 20 miles in and back to see a waterfall. Then drive several hours to LA.

So the people in your life are either hyper-aware of time, or not aware of time at all! Fun times!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    lmao, I just don't understand the need to repeatedly mention the time. You requested an officer, he's coming out.

My hubs is just excited and so am I. But I'm a planner. I can be spontaneous but this is a big trip so I feel the need to plan everything lol. Of course plans always change and we still have a few month to figure out the plan.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I can understand the urge to want to fit in all the things! Fortunately for me, my travel buddy is doing all the planning, since she lived in Denver for several years!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Rhesus in emergency surgery.

Dr. Buchl was here in a FLASH! And I was told to put on gloves and a mask and help.

So I put on my mask and a pair of gloves and I helped the only way in which I am qualified when it comes to the animals:
    I held doors open, caused alarms, informed dispatch of alarms, the emergency, and stayed the eff out the way!

Situation was pretty bloody, but Dr. Buchl is optimistic. :smile:

• bethanie0825
    Options
    Anyone of my nightshift peeps tried low carb dieting?
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Not me. I <3 carbs. :grin:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Me too but I think I love them too much :cookie::lol:

I don't have want to go super low like they suggest starting out. I changed my macros up. Knocked carbs from 191 back to 96 and upped fat and protein. The struggle will be real. You should see all the pasta I have in my cupboard lol!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Me too but I think I love them too much :cookie::lol:

I don't have want to go super low like they suggest starting out. I changed my macros up. Knocked carbs from 191 back to 96 and upped fat and protein. The struggle will be real. You should see all the pasta I have in my cupboard lol!

:lol:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I am frustrated with my body right now. It wasn't progressing quickly enough for me so I tried to force it and almost seriously injured myself and now I have to take a couple of BIG steps backwards and I'm mad at myself and disappointed and just.... *sigh*

• bootqueenmfp
    bootqueenmfp Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I'm bored is this the fun thread
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm bored is this the fun thread

@bootqueenmfp I've found that we mostly talk about work. Which is fine for me.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I am, sorta. I do carb cycling. I low carb, 70 g or less, on days I don't exercise.
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am frustrated with my body right now. It wasn't progressing quickly enough for me so I tried to force it and almost seriously injured myself and now I have to take a couple of BIG steps backwards and I'm mad at myself and disappointed and just.... *sigh*

I've done this. Injured myself and still paying for it over 3 years later. Now I have to work things around my back
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

I am, sorta. I do carb cycling. I low carb, 70 g or less, on days I don't exercise.

Ah okay, that makes sense

0530 needs to hurry up