Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I know right! I ate so much on my last two shifts- like an eating machine!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I pretty much feel like, at any given time, I could eat the earth. There's a reason I got fat! I've pretty much accepted that I may have to count calories for the rest of my life.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yesterday wasn't too bad (possibly still under the influence of morphine, lol, happy with just over 500 cal... so yep I guess so) but today I felt it a bit more and am living on extra strength Tylenol and Ibuprofen. And RICE-ing. Presently reading "Orange is the New Black". Off to see Jesse Cook in concert tonight - I had to trade my regular tickets in for Wheelchair/Handicapped Access tickets. I will salsa dance in my chair.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Salsa dancing in a chair.... That's going to be interesting. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am very tired. Had an interview today at 4pm, which of course the interviewer asks how I am and....

Me: "Fine but a little bit tired"
    Interviewer: "Oh really? Why's that?"
    Me: "Because it's the equivalent of 4am to me right now and I didn't drink any coffee in the hopes of getting a nap in before work after this interview."
    Interviewer: :flushed:
    Me: "I miss the daylight. That's part of why I'm here." :grin:

Needless to say they offered me the position, and thought I would be a GREAT fit. Unfortunately for them, they couldn't budge on their starting wage and it wasn't fiscally responsible for me to take what they were offering. So my first interview and first offer and I turned it down.
    Still hoping on the United States Postal Service and 911/dispatcher position(which also may be nights mostly nights but it's more money and good benefits and stuffs) and a position as a County Corrections Officer(again probably starting on nights but I also know they rotate shifts throughout the year).

I know the job I would MOST like to have but we're in the wait and see game now.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    They are hiring for the postal service here in Kalispell. You could get a job up here. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    They are hiring for the postal service here in Kalispell. You could get a job up here. :smile:

I like this area.... I hate snow. :tongue:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I love snow. Heat kills me. You can always dress warmer. You can only take so many clothes off. And when you get to be my age, not wearing clothes will land you in a home for senile dementia. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I get the reasoning of dressing warmer, but at the same time, I don't always want to wear 14 layers of clothes...it's uncomfortable! Plus who wants to wear gloves and a ski mask to watch TV?! Can you tell that thermostat wars rage in my house? I finally just got a space heater for my room, and I spend most of the winter in there.
    @BodyByBex -hope you find something awesome!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I love being bundled up. Especially in bed. :smile: I keep the bathroom toasty though. I hate getting out of the shower and it feels like I just crawled in to the icebox. :frowning:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Update on ankle - I took a peek under the bandage today.... Frankenstein's monster, lol.
    j3ahbco06q5h.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate staples. They are fast, but they are such a pain to get out. I don't know about in people, but in animals, they tend to turn and you have to turn them back around to get them out. It looks better than I thought it would.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I pretty much feel like, at any given time, I could eat the earth. There's a reason I got fat! I've pretty much accepted that I may have to count calories for the rest of my life.

Same here lady, I'm right there with you.

@canadjineh That's gnarly looking but it looks good :+1: My mom just had her Achilles tendon repaired and hers looks awful right now.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    The later i stay up the more I keep thinking about food, i should probably pull this blanket over my head and call it a night.
  • keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hello to my fellow over nighters. Not checked this page out in ages....
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Update on ankle - I took a peek under the bandage today.... Frankenstein's monster, lol.
    j3ahbco06q5h.jpg

That looks like a right proper ouchie!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    keef1972 wrote: »
    Hello to my fellow over nighters. Not checked this page out in ages....

Welcome Keef1972. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Another night in the pet ER. I just put down one that we've been working on for two weeks. Had to clear up a pneumonia before we found a tumor in the chest.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Another night in the pet ER. I just put down one that we've been working on for two weeks. Had to clear up a pneumonia before we found a tumor in the chest.

:'(
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yeah! The Golden Retriever is going to be fine. She was choking on a bone she found in the woods but it passed into the stomach. We had to decompress the stomach from all the air she had been gulping when trying to breath but she is doing find now. :smile: