Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    That calorie situation was my issue yesterday too lol

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    It's my day off! A long wet muddy bike ride and I'm feeling rejuvenated. :smile: Tomorrow it's a trip with some of the office staff to Scarywood. :smile:
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian DKA cat. 2nd episode in a month, worked all night... then they put to sleep this morning. Frustrating!
    Tonight I'm watching a rabbit breathe. Came in with dypsnoea, turned out to have pleural effusion, drained it and found a weird fluid filled mass pressing on the heart. Drained that as well but still the outer layer present. Will probably get put to sleep tomorrow knowing how this week has been going.
    Sorry if too technical! :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I get the double Baconator (no bun or ketchup) and a half size Apple Pecan Chicken salad with double blue cheese. And yes I am still losing weight, lol (on purpose). But then I do intermittent fasting with a 6 hr feed window. But that's just me B) . I got called in to work tonight as the son of one of the guys on patrol had a car accident so he's headed to the hospital to check on things. Hope all is ok, but I'll probably text him later to see.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Got the calorie situation under control yesterday. I did some new leg exercises in the gym yesterday...holy h$ll. Nothing like some single leg deadlifts to make you realize that your balance sucks lmao
  • canadjineh
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Single leg deadlifts, lol. YOU%2Btry%2Bstanding%2Bon%2Bone%2Bleg%2BFlamingo%2Bwho%2Bhasn%2527t%2Bgot%2Ba%2Bleg%2Bto%2Bstand%2Bon%2B3.jpg

You flamingo, you!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Coworker's son & girlfriend had the front wheel fall off their car at hwy speed! Bolts just broke according to him, but I'm wondering if it wasn't the spindle? Shaken up quite a bit but not badly injured, lucky devils.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @canadjineh - Thank goodness nobody was injured. I'll be they will be sore come tomorrow.

@LittleMissAlx - I'm up tonight with a seizure dog. ALP is >993. I'm hoping to get the liver under control so I can stop the seizures. Sorry about your cat. Been there, done that. Plueral effusion in a cat is never good. let me know what it turns out to be.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    On shift tonight, and hoping for a bit of rain. To keep all the costumed 'adults' - I use the term loosely - from deciding they need to roam around downtown in packs to cause mischief, B&E's, graffiti walls, etc. Nothing like a bit of cold rain to dampen 'after-party' spirits. >:)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Back on and right into a diabetic cat that was getting insulin and not eating. Wish I could say we saved it. :frowning:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    WTH, @sufferlandrian didn't the owner notice the food bowl was still full??? Poor thing! My aunt & uncle had a diabetic pug-a-poo who used to get an insulin shot but he did well, they were always very careful with his diet, special food from the vet and all.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @canadjineh :lol: I love that picture!!! That's exactly what it look like and felt like for 2-3 days!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ok, what the heck are single-leg deadlifts? You're not literally doing deadlifts on one leg, are you? I would die!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Standing on both feet, bend over like a deadlift but also lift one leg up behind you as you bend over.

93nb1umhu4pb.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Single leg deadlifts, lol. YOU%2Btry%2Bstanding%2Bon%2Bone%2Bleg%2BFlamingo%2Bwho%2Bhasn%2527t%2Bgot%2Ba%2Bleg%2Bto%2Bstand%2Bon%2B3.jpg

You flamingo, you!

Ok, I had to look up a video just to see what that looked......and yeah, this would be me...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Does is just seem like when you are the most tired, things are the most busy?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Does is just seem like when you are the most tired, things are the most busy?

Usually...
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yep, I agree. I was a bit too tired last night/this morning, and of course when I get home from work (20 minutes drive 20km) I find the patrol phone in my jacket pocket. AAAARGH! If I was on patrol tonight, I'd just keep it and then bring it in with me when I go to the office to start, but nooooo, I'm not working tonight, which means I had to make a special trip just to bring it back to the office for my coworker who is on tonight. :/
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm fighting off the flu that is going around my house and came in to people waiting to be seen. It's settled down for now. I guess busy sure beats sitting around doing nothing when you're feeling good. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I have people with pets coming in the front door but no one coming back to tell me why they are here. Very strange.