Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• hueritahsarinana
    hueritahsarinana Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    heyyyy you guys im sooo bored lol nightshift life lol
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »
    Got my resume updated today. Thinking about looking into some kind of security work...it has to be something where I can do homework on the job...I don't really wanna go back to hotel work, tbh.

I could totally do homework on the job...until some idjit fell asleep on the night shift and now I have to do an area check every 30 minutes...that makes it hard.

Yeah, if you are busy doing homework, you aren't watching what you are supposed to be watching. One guy just got fired at my workplace for being too busy with the books. He missed things that could have been serious (but were caught later by others of us) a couple of times on different jobsites but they gave him another chance at at a different site. Stupid *kitten* did it again and this time got fired. Boss had to do damage control so we don't lose the contract.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    My techs have checklists to complete but when those are completed, I would rather they were doing homework than falling asleep. I even help with the homework at times.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Gonna be another long night. I've got a dog that does really well here but goes to hell when we send it home. Then we spend the next night trying to put it back together again. I can't figure out what the owner is doing at home that is causing so many problems.

That's really weird. You don't think it could be some kind of Munchaussen-by-proxy ( I probably badly misspelled that) with pets, do you?

I think it's a case of "Loving the dog to death". I think the dog gets home and she is trying to push the wrong food and trying to cuddle him too much. The food is causing GI problems and the cuddling is causing my tracheostomy tube to shift and cause irritation to the inside of the trachea.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Lost the Trachea dog this morning. Ended up getting a pneumonia. The infection started spreading causing organ failure and we had to put him down. Some days my job sucks.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Lost the Trachea dog this morning. Ended up getting a pneumonia. The infection started spreading causing organ failure and we had to put him down. Some days my job sucks.
    As with any job I guess, some days are worse than others. :cry:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

:'(
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @sufferlandrian :(
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Got a Hit by car dog in. Took X-Rays of the abdomen. The dogs stomach is full of bones. He was over eating something dead before getting hit. Makes me shake my head every time. The owners are all distraught over his condition but they are to blame since they let him roam the neighborhood in the first place.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Two road kills, one inside the other....
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The HBC (Hit by car) dog made it. Still pretty painful but he'll live. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    So I found an ad on Craigslist for a hotel that was hiring a night auditor, emailed them my resume, etc. They called me AND emailed me the next day...but turns out I got the ad mixed up, and the hotel is in a town about 3.5 hrs away from where I live. D'oh...!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    D'oh! Oh well. Even for me that's a little out of driving range. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    ^^^^ Larch needles!! Yaaay.
    K2q62ql.png
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Geeky_and_Cheeky Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    So I found an ad on Craigslist for a hotel that was hiring a night auditor, emailed them my resume, etc. They called me AND emailed me the next day...but turns out I got the ad mixed up, and the hotel is in a town about 3.5 hrs away from where I live. D'oh...!

Oh no!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I owe, I owe. So off to work I go...... :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Nope. Only that you can relate to being up all night. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options