Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    You're up all night to them. :smile:
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Geeky_and_Cheeky Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Good evening y'all
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Welcome :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Trying not to DIIIIIIEEE!

My lovely coworkers decided to share their illness with me.
    It's somewhere between a cold and a flu. The body aches could mean flu, but it could also be that I abuse myself in the gym regularly and it decided just now to complain about it.
    Fever died Thursday morning so I'm at work trying to push through. Although my supervisor had a sit down with me and advised that I go home, but he can't force me.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »

It's somewhere between a cold and a flu. The body aches could mean flu, but it could also be that I abuse myself in the gym regularly and it decided just now to complain about it.
    Fever died Thursday morning so I'm at work trying to push through. Although my supervisor had a sit down with me and advised that I go home, but he can't force me.

Eek that sucks. Hope you feel better. I have been alone at work the past 3 nights thanks to sick coworkers. It's kinda nice though. I am extra busy so the time goes by very fast and I can listen to my heavy metal polka music on YouTube with no complaints. q=
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's what's been going around here in Kalispell. My kids have gotten it. One of the clinic here was down to about half strength for three days. I feel for on you this one. Get well soon.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    BodyByBex wrote: »

BOO!!! Feel better!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I really hate doing records. It's too bad there are naughty vets. They are the dingbats that make us do so much paperwork.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Obviously I'm not practicing yet, but I'm learning it's the same in Psychology. A few dimbulbs crossed boundaries and landed themselves in ethical hot water;.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm back!
    Not full strength but I'm here with medication(over the counter).
    Went home Friday night with the trifecta(vomiting, diarrhea, and fever). Fever has been gone since Saturday morning so I'm back at work. Still a little congested but I think I will be okay.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The flu has been bad this year. It seems like there are a couple different strains as well.
  • 911Doughboy
    911Doughboy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    cant wait for when flu season kicks it into high gear...we are short staffed to begin with, and minimums are going up by 4 or 5 in a few weeks....80 hour work weeks are right around the corner
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    The flu has been bad this year. It seems like there are a couple different strains as well.

No kidding. I got the flu shot and I think that kept it from being worse than it was.
    I feel oodles better compared to Friday, and better than Saturday. I think I'm on the mend. Let's hope I'm not still sounding funny by Tuesday afternoon because I have an interview.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options

Gah, I didn't want to hear that lol. I got a flu shot so I'm gonna cross my fingers. We haven't been hit yet but I suspect it's coming soon.

I hope it clears up quick @BodyByBex

I took sometime off last week but I'm back to work today. Worked out already and weighed myself grrr :angry: :anguished:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Why is it that during the winter I can't stop eating everything in sight? It seems like when the daylight gets below eight hours per day, I would eat an elephant if it walked into my kitchen. :frowning:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Surgery today.... off shift for a couple weeks - "HR" = Hardware Removal.
    acmvkfnkug2r.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Ouch! Hope that heals up quick. I don't care if it was removal. The incision still has to hurt.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Don't tell me you'll be here in 10 minutes and show up in two hours 10 minutes before I'm supposed to go home. Don't tell me you live an hour out when I know you live an hour past Bigfork and it's an hour out. I'm on a role the last two days with people that have no concept of time.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Why is it that during the winter I can't stop eating everything in sight? It seems like when the daylight gets below eight hours per day, I would eat an elephant if it walked into my kitchen. :frowning:

The struggle is real...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    More rain. Wish it was snow. :smile: