Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.

The official nightshift thread....

1609610611612613615»

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,313 Member
    Lovely cooler evening weather with a couple of rainy nights, so Evac Alerts and Orders for our local fires are rescinded as things begin to get under control. The assisting Mexican bomberos and Australian firefighters are headed home this week - a huge thumbs-up for the extra help!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 7,808 Member
    Been raining for the last week. After all the fires I know it’s going to cause mud slides. Those poor people in the fire zones can’t catch a break.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,313 Member
    We are down to cold and sunny now, only 5C today, with frost and below 0 temps overnights. I almost forgot about my tire changeover last Friday (I made the appointment 3 weeks previous), was on my way into town for other errands when we remembered and had to hurry back home to throw the winters into the trunk and back seat so I could 'get 'er done.' We are heading to Whistler for 4 days as a bit of a break from all the work and family care that has been non-stop for the past while, and will definitely need our snow tires on for that. We got a great deal, right in the village a block off the main drag, kitchenette, jetted soaker tub, gas fireplace and Lily our cat is also welcome. Only $99 a night with free underground parking and WiFi.
  • Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 106 Member
    Hello!
  • sufferlandrian
    Hello! Been awhile since someone posted on here. Good to see you.
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 18,074 Member
    jt_alucard wrote: »
    is anyone else not liking the new forums!! ughhh

Happened across this post from 2014. History repeats? 😅
  • Lorelei19
    @sufferlandrian Good to see you, too! I'm trying to make MFP a daily thing so I can finally get rid of this excess weight I'm carting around, so I figured I'd pop in and say hello to everyone. See what's new.

@s1im62 Yeah.... they always like to "make positive changes" that really end up just not being good at all. I don't mind this so far, though.
  • sufferlandrian
    I just have a more difficult time finding things. I'm sure once I get used to it, things will make more sense but for now it's difficult. It was necessary to make large changes to get the platform more secure and more modern but large changes at one time are tough to adjust to.
  • Lorelei19
    @sufferlandrian Yeah, I took a break from MFP and when I got back it was pretty different. I've found it's been a challenge trying to figure things out, as well. I hope you're having better luck with it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Finally getting things figured out. I bookmarked the thread and now it's easier to find it. The top right of the page has a "Ribbon". You click on that to book mark a page. When you pull up the community page the box on the right has bookmarks. :smile: