Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    That's why I love having a gym at home and one at work. :smile:

I have one at work, but it's not my kind of gym(no weights) and I wish I had one at home . :cry:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    SOMEONE CALLED AND REPORTED THAT A RESIDENT MOWED THEIR GRASS AND THE CLIPPINGS WERE ON THE SIDEWALK, MAKING THE SIDEWALK IMPASSIBLE. ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?????

**and we had to send an officer bc we cannot deny anyone service**

And people think we should investigate when their political signs get stolen....I don't know if I can get thru the weekend without flipping my *kitten*...

Yeah no. I'd lose my effing *kitten*.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

I have one at work, but it's not my kind of gym(no weights) and I wish I had one at home . :cry:

A home gym would be epic! But power racks are expensive!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options

What about taking power bands to work? You could fit them in your bag and they can do a decent range of exercises.
  • 911Doughboy
    911Doughboy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I will be coming back to midnight next year....tried the 3a-11a shift this and no bueno. waking up at 2am wasnt that bad, but going to bed everynight at 8:30 was tough
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I work the 6 PM to 8 AM shift. It's light when I get up. It's light when I go to bed. I keep the office lit up overnight. You'd think I would be afraid of the dark by now. :smile:
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    God, I'd love a gym at work - that would be epic! Too much effort to bring my weights with me, but I try and do bodyweight exercises when shifts are quiet. And a lot of aimless wandering to keep my step count up! ;)
    Have a dog in tonight who *might* seizure. So we have to stay up all night to watch her, just in case. Really wanting my bed right now.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I just emptied the hospital. One euthanized (really needed it) and two out the door. Gotta love a slow night. Some weights, some exercise bike and a quick nap. Shouldn't have eaten that triple bacon burger. :smile:
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Setting up FreeNAS on VirtualBox. . , doing trail run in 6 hours. . .
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Spoke too soon. Had a dog with a respiratory infection come in. Time for a nap. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Finally I found this thread again by chance, I haven't been on since Feb. Doh, tonight I bookmarked it...
    good to catch up with y'all.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Been a lot of changes since you were on here last. Welcome back. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    This thread is really hard to find if you don't bookmark it! I don't know how many times I "lost" it until I bookmarked it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I had to bookmark it as well. Gorgeous day out riding today. 40 degrees, cloudy and very muddy. Perfect for the fat tire and then I had the trail all to myself and the dog. :smile:
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    That's a lovely view!
    I've got hourly blood glucose checks, yay!
    Hoping my new kettle bell turns up tomorrow then I can bring it to work with me :smiley:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hourly glucose checks? Newly diagnosed diabetic animal?
    I've never used Kettle Bells. I do a lot of cycling so I didn't find much use for them. I've got Bowflex Adjustable dumbbells here at work.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I like Kettlebells! Very 'old school' functional exercises. I used to have fun with those in my physio practice. Sweet photos @sufferlandrian. The middle one looks a lot like my place. The larches are turning a lovely colour here too. It was super windy & rainy this morning at 2 am, but ended up gorgeous sunny with scudding clouds and 15C. Took my mother in law who is 90 to the neighbouring town this afternoon, (road trip to take Avon customers their stuff and to pick up some more protein bars at GNC) and we had a good time. Just got back in time to grab a quick dinner and listen to a solo guitarist who was scheduled to play South American and Spanish music at her Senior Residence. He is very talented, and played for the Governor General (The Queen's representative in Canada) in our provincial capital. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm thinking of hiring him to play at my parents' 54th anniversary coming up in March. Maybe rent a room and do a big dinner party with him as entertainment.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options

We kinda have a gym at home; soloflex, some resistance bands, and a stationary bike. Our gym here at work is effing amazing. They got some awesome equipment for us when they built our new department. Very lucky! And, as always, your pics are wonderful! I always put mine on instagram and forget to post some here.

And def need to hit it today bc I went waaaaayyyyy overboard yesterday. Worse than I have in a long time and I woke up feeling guilty about it (first time for that in a while too). But today is a new day.

And hi new people!!!! **waves**
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Talk about going overboard. Wendy's yesterday with a Dave's triple Bacon Cheese burger and a chocolate frosty. I think that was more calories than I'm allowed in two days.