Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Another night comes to a close. Yeah!!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I needed this slow night. I think I'm suffering from fatigue and burnout.

Given the hours you work...totally understandable. Hope it gets better!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Got a new Fat Tire bike today. 2016 Kona Wo with hydrolic brakes and 4.5" wide tires. It was AWESOME!!! Too bad I can't get a job riding Fat Tire bikes. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Life is a matter of perspective. We are definitely making room for pets from the pound to be adopted. I feel bad for the current pets but glad another pet has a chance to get adopted.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    No bike for me but working some OT till midnight lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    OT is good. Christmas is coming. I never ask for anything. That makes it tough on my wife. I think I'll ask for a GoPro for my bike this year. I'm having so many close calls, I think I want them on film if I get hit again.
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Last night was manic, had to take a deteriorating dog to surgery at 1am. Tonight not so much. Actually wish more was going on! Probably going to regret saying that later though!
  • sufferlandrian
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Had last night off but the night before was heart failure night. Sorry to say that only 50% made it. Chances aren't good if you wait until they are coughing up blood. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I miss night shifting. Daywalking involves so much peopling!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Yep, Christmas is coming up very soon. My husband is the same way, never asks for anything and if there's something he wants, he just goes out and buys it. I get on him every year about it lol. And what makes it worse, is he always gets me awesome stuff. I'm so d@mn lucky :+1:

Poor doggies :disappointed:

So back at work for my weekend. The Sgt on my squad is back from his vacation and has already spoken on the radio more in the past 2 hours, than everyone else did the 2 weeks he was gone. Guess he's making up for his time off. Who knew a loose cow could cause so much unnecessary radio traffic by one person. Smh
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That much radio traffic over a loose cow? :smile: That's funny. I guess if it's in the road, but still. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    That much radio traffic over a loose cow? :smile: That's funny. I guess if it's in the road, but still. :smile:

It wondered off into a subdivision and then the woods, it didn't require half the radio traffic the Sgt made lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    More rain and cold weather, but not enough to snow today. Cycling was pretty good.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Slow night. Lots of movies watched. Time for the exercise bike. Glad this one has google maps.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    That is a perk of working nights. Less peopling. I also like being able to go to the gym in the mornings after work. Very little peopling to do except when I sometimes forget my headphones
    ae2339f50ff748d9e92b0d37ff17c2ec703b769b0b995120856afd41e30cafc2_1.jpg

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    That is a perk of working nights. Less peopling. I also like being able to go to the gym in the mornings after work. Very little peopling to do except when I sometimes forget my headphones
    ae2339f50ff748d9e92b0d37ff17c2ec703b769b0b995120856afd41e30cafc2_1.jpg

This
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Truth
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's why I love having a gym at home and one at work. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    edited October 2016
    Options
    SOMEONE CALLED AND REPORTED THAT A RESIDENT MOWED THEIR GRASS AND THE CLIPPINGS WERE ON THE SIDEWALK, MAKING THE SIDEWALK IMPASSIBLE. ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?????

**and we had to send an officer bc we cannot deny anyone service**

And people think we should investigate when their political signs get stolen....I don't know if I can get thru the weekend without flipping my *kitten*...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    LOL. :smile: If the neighbor was nice enough to mow the lawn, then go clean it up! Wow!