Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Wow. This thread has been really slow lately.

What happens when I'm not around to *kitten* and moan miserably ;-)

@jennifer_ love that graphic
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    You may be right there. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    It has been but I still love dropping in often to see what's happening.

I can complain about my thyroid some more, it's still all whacky. Got another med increase...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am stressed about all sorts of stupid *kitten* and SSP isn't making it any easier as our "one year" rolls around. He keeps talking like he's going to 'end things' and I honestly cannot tell if he is joking around or serious. I understand he's a commitment-phobe and this is the longest 'relationship' he's ever had but it's stressing me out!

I'm trying not to let HIM know that but it is. If he DOES want to end things on the one year mark, that's fine. It wasn't a waste because I've grown up and learned from him during that time.
    I haven't been sleeping well AT ALL and it took THREE benadryl to put me down this morning. I ended up sleeping for 10 hours today but missed my usual gym time in the process. I plan on a "make up" session in the morning.

I have learned that I wont hear anything from UT Austin about the cadet position until Late June/Early July at the EARLIEST and that stresses me out.
    I don't know if an evening position is going to be opening up or not here until we hire someone new and even then, I'm not sure if I will be able to take it or not and if I DO get THAT position, what days off am I going to get?

Oh and I have a dentist appointment on the 9th and I need to go bra shopping. Which is probably the BIGGEST stress producer of them all!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    There's tons of things I could complain about...but eh. When I volunteered to take extra hours because we're down a person at work, they thought I was gunning for more hours overall, but thankfully that was cleared up. Classes are out for the semester, and I got good grades (yay!) I'm planning a trip to Denver in August with my oldest friend, so that should be fun, though petitioning for that weekend off was worse than a hostage negotiation!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Lilaclovebird - So let me get this straight. You have shown loyalty and worked your butt off, but you won't get priority on the shift when they do hire someone else. That bites! Maybe you should let SSP know it's stressing you out so he will fish or cut bait. Either he will tell you it's over and you can move on or he will tell you he was only venting frustration and anxiety and he is not planning on leaving.

@Jennifer - YEA!!!! Glad classes went well. An education is really the best thing you can do for yourself. No one can take that away from you. Not even the IRS. :smile:

So far a much better night than last night. Last night we put down 4 out of 5 patients. Tonight, we saw 8 things and only the old dog with a stroke needed to be put down. It's been a good night. :smile: I can't complain. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I agree, I would flat out ask SSP what he means; explain how it makes you feel and see if you guys can clear the air, one way or the other. I hope he's just being weird about it and doesn't want to end things just because it's been a year. At the same time, it's not something to joke about, ya know?

The dentist sucks and I need new regular bras and sports bras :neutral:

@sufferlandrian I don't know how you do it. I cried while watching the latest Game of Thrones bc a certain animal died (I don't want to post spoilers lol)

@jennifer_417 Woohoo for summer trips with friends! And bravo on the good grades!

I've got tonight and tomorrow night to go before another weekend off. I'm beyond exhausted but the caffeine has cleared up the brain fog.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm not sure who discovered Caffeine but I would really like to shake their hand right now. Passed on sleep today to go for a bike ride. The weather was good. Good friends on the ride. Feeling strong. 41 miles later, sleeps for the day was shot.

Bethanie - I can't relate to the bra thing, but I can relate to a bad dentist. The worst were on the Army installation in Monterey California. I felt like someone took a hatchet to my mouth.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I have great coverage and a great dentist and it's probably been 2 years since I've been seen. Freaks me out lol

Has anyone on here (or anyone know of anyone they are friend with) gone Premium? Just curious about how it compares to the free version.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I get Premium for being a mod. I like that I can set daily calorie limits, and not seeing ads. But I'm not sure I'd pay for it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Not seeing ads would be nice.
  • jennifer_417
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @lilaclovebird-thankfully I'm stocked with bras right now, but I do need to find a bathing suit for my upcoming vacation. Looks like you can EITHER get one that will actually support big boobs, OR you can get one for less than $100.00.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What was that song my brother used to sing?.... "It's great to be a guy, no mascara in your eye...." :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    What was that song my brother used to sing?.... "It's great to be a guy, no mascara in your eye...." :smile:

He sounds like a bright boy. Is he single? :D
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    He is smart lol

We've actually been kinda busy this evening. Weather is gorgeous and it's not raining. They should have fun this weekend! Well at least until the possible tropical system moves in *insert eye roll here*
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Nope. Dave is married and has been for 30 years. Me, I upgraded to wife 2.0 about 14 years ago. It was a good upgrade so I'm sticking with it. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    :D upgraded...I love it! I upgraded to hubs 2.0 and it was the best decision ever <3
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We should be helping Microsoft with it's upgrades. We seem to do better in the upgrading department. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Starting off busy. Not a good weekend for the pets, but so far most are fixable.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I need a coffee. Anybody want anything while I'm up?