Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    rlab9dxzeva5.jpg
    My feels right now.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I feel like I've been gone forever. :disappointed:

So, my dad was in the hospital from Monday night until Friday(today). He went to the ER with a temp of 105.3 degrees Fahrenheit. I tried putting my foot down and get him and my mom out the door when he hit 104, but what do I know, I'm just the daughter... :grumble:

Anyway, he's out now and on a super antibiotic pill and stuff to go with his IV antibiotics that he had.
    I guess it started out as a UTI on Thursday, you know, the painful urination, feeling like you need to go when you don't, and being in/out of the bathroom all the time. Anyway, he didn't tell my mom anything until he developed a fever on Saturday that progressively got worse and worse until hospital. He never told her about the painful urination or the pain in his back. By that point it had gone up through his kidneys and was a blood infection.

Bottom line: If you even THINK you have a UTI, go to the doctor and get a full course of antibiotics. Don't be like my dad, unless you really LIKE spending a week in the hospital....

I missed work on Tuesday because they just couldn't keep his temp down and I was TERRIFIED of losing my dad at that point. So, I requested that I please be able to go to the hospital.
    They basically called me an idiot without saying the words. Told me I didn't have to DRIVE into the office and I could have just called. They trust me and know I wouldn't call out unless it was something REALLY bad and beyond my control.

After I saw him Tuesday night, he was doing fine. He was feeling cold(fever related) but he was okay. I spent all day Wednesday with him and then spent Wednesday night hanging out with SSP because he thought I could use a friendly distraction. He was right, but I ate WAY too much. :flushed:

My bridesmaid/maid of honor dress arrived today and it fits PERFECTLY and even though I initially didn't like it, it's growing on me. Definitely throwing into reality that my sister is actually getting married. :hushed:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird :disappointed: I'm glad he's feeling better tho!

And can I just compliment the new profile picture! Hello, gun show!!! Way to go!!!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @lilaclovebird :disappointed: I'm glad he's feeling better tho!

And can I just compliment the new profile picture! Hello, gun show!!! Way to go!!!

Thanks.

When Leanna took the photo a guy at the gym walking by said he 'didn't know a girl could look so manly'
    I said "Thank you. You could too, if you lifted heavier weights."
    Leanna scolded me and said it wasn't very nice but NEITHER WAS HIS COMMENT! :rage:
    Besides, he shouldn't let his envy of my biceps be an excuse to make stupid comments. :wink:

I LOVE how I look and I LOVE what lifting has done for my body. I'm not going to stop.
    Well... except I got a UTI and my doctor ordered me to stop on Thursday but she said I could 'resume strenuous exercise on Saturday!'
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Welp, no one else should have to worry about dealing with any nutjobs tonight, I'm pretty sure they're all right here where I'm working...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Welp, no one else should have to worry about dealing with any nutjobs tonight, I'm pretty sure they're all right here where I'm working...

@Jennifer_417 Good! Because I don't want any! :smile:
    Good luck though. :grin:
  • jennifer_417
    Options

Haha thanks. Glad you and your dad are feeling better! Sorry you ran into a douche at the gym, though. I will never understand why people think it's ok to make comments like that. I'd be willing to bet he was jealous.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @lilaclovebird Only haters make snide comments like that. I think your response was perfect :+1:

My fitbit has been slow to sync up for about a week but it eventually catches up. As for the nutjobs, we've had a few around here too so I feel your pain.
  • aflies
    aflies Posts: 78 Member
    Options

I don't know where you are at, but please know that you don't have all of them. This place is rocking tonight with them.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Haha thanks. Glad you and your dad are feeling better! Sorry you ran into a douche at the gym, though. I will never understand why people think it's ok to make comments like that. I'd be willing to bet he was jealous.

I agree. Some people just are jealous. I know it takes a lot of hard work and dedication at the gym and I for one think you look great! Glad you and your dad are better as well.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    OK, not nut jobs tonight, but HOLY CRAP am I tired. Maybe going to the gym this morning after working a double wasn't my best idea...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    LOL. I can relate to that. Maybe in the morning going to bed for a couple hours will be a better idea.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Yeah, that's definitely the plan!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ugh. Can't I just stay in bed and sleep at night like a normal person, instead of getting ready for work?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Ugh. Can't I just stay in bed and sleep at night like a normal person, instead of getting ready for work?

Unfortunately, no. I wanted to SO badly though.
    I don't mind nightshift but I am SO stressed over some stupid workplace drama and it is REALLY affecting my sleep.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I realize it's just because I'm in a bad mood, but I feel like every guest that I've had to deal with has just been unreasonably annoying.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I realize it's just because I'm in a bad mood, but I feel like every guest that I've had to deal with has just been unreasonably annoying.

I hella hate days like that. It's been fairly quiet tonight thankfully.

I do miss sleeping at night like a normal person too. Drama blows :-1:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

I was like that this morning. I finally had to take a sanity break so I didn't start yelling at stupid things clients do unintentionally.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I would really like the job better if I had someone else to do my records. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow. This thread has been really slow lately.