Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,203 Member
    Options
    So if 6 to midnight is night shift and midnight to 8 AM is graveyard, and I work from 6 PM to 8 AM, am I on the Naveyard shift. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Right there with you lol 1800-0600
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I like the overnight shifts. You can see some amazing clients. Yes, we do get crazy people but there are some marvelous clients. We had some folks in two nights ago that had to put their old German Shepherd down. As they were leaving they noticed another client that was crying. She didn't have the money to fix the injury on her dog and it needed to be fixed or the dog needed to be put down. Despite their grieving for their loss, they went to the receptionist and told her to put the other gals bill on their credit card. There are some amazing people out there! It almost restores my faith in humanity. Almost. :smile:
  • MYMKLIFE
    MYMKLIFE Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    1800-0600 shift and it's been quiet
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Same here. Only one thing in so far. Watching stage 7 of the tour of turkey. :smile:
  • MYMKLIFE
    Options
    We have had no calls
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    So far the tour of turkey has been good. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm coloring lol
  • MYMKLIFE
    Options
    Lol I would so color right now
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I JUST PUT IN MY APPLICATION AND I'M ON PART 2 OF PRESCREENING! :scream:

I'm okay...I can do this. I lost 85 pounds for this. I lift weights and run to be good at this. I can do this....oh my gosh...I applied....holy crap.
  • MYMKLIFE
    Options
    What's prescreening
  • BodyByBex
    edited May 2016
    Options
    MYMKLIFE wrote: »
    What's prescreening

@MYMKLIFE It's basically a two page form where they ask you all the eligibility questions about laws you've broken and things that you've done recently. The only reason mine isn't turned in already is because I have to list all traffic violations from the last 7 years and despite my paying $12 for a certified copy of my driving record from DPS, a ticket that I KNOW was received for my vehicle in the city of Elgin, isn't on there and I should have the specifics of it at home. Once I get that on there, I'll send it off to the hiring sergeant and wait to hear back further for the written test and the physical test. Which I hope are done on Thursdays... :grimace:

Side note: My coworker who has her husband in the hospital just got asked to make the decision about his life support. She's giving him another 24 hours for a miracle.
    That was at 2pm on the 2nd.
  • MYMKLIFE
    Options
    Prayers
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    You can totally do this!

And prayers for your coworker :'(
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Aaaaannnnddddd, radios are down across the county. Thank you vivid *kitten* lightning lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Vomiting seems to be the theme of the night. Every patient so far. All for different reasons, but every one.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's my Friday and I'm out of here!!!!! :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm back at work for OT this evening. Started my weekend of working early...yay!!!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    They have me on DAY SHIFT today....because my coworker's husband died.

I've applied for UT Austin Police Cadet position and my Lt. found out and has encouraged me to apply to ALL agencies and suffer through two years with whoever responds first and then I can work virtually anywhere in the state except for DPS(I'd have to go to their academy).
    So yeah....I don't WANT to leave now though because they have such a desperate need for people right now. Especially because DJ's husband died and Gerwick( :grumble: ) is out because of her back and damn near everyone and their mom wants to go on vacation. UGH!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Day shift...yuck! Our leave book don't look bad yet but later in the summer, it's full of people taking time off. And I agree with your Lt. Apply everywhere!