Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Starting the night out with a euthanasia of one of my favorite patients. I hate cancer.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Starting the night out with a euthanasia of one of my favorite patients. I hate cancer.

(((Hugs))) Hope the rest of your night goes better.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Rest of the night was better.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Gotta get some sleep and then in for the three day weekend. Heading into an 86 hour shift. Can't wait for another vet but so far no applicants.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Ever have one of those nights when, for no apparent reason, you just wanna walk out?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Gotta get some sleep and then in for the three day weekend. Heading into an 86 hour shift. Can't wait for another vet but so far no applicants.

Oi. I hope you get someone soon.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Are you a large animal vet too, @sufferlandrian, or strictly a pets vet? How could anyone not want to live in Montana and have an appreciative boss and clients???
    Here's something neat to brighten up your day - young bald eagle, photographer thought it might be a golden, but we have a lot of bald eagles around here. https://kelownanow.com/watercooler/news/news/Around_the_Web/Unique_visitor_greets_North_Okanagan_fishermen/
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Beautiful photos!
    @jennifer - I have a lot of those days lately. Every time I hear some one whine about working extra for the holidays I want to mame them and then walk away.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Finally in the home stretch. Gotta catch up on records so I can get out of here on time. Five hours to go.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Finally in the home stretch. Gotta catch up on records so I can get out of here on time. Five hours to go.

Almost there!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Made it through. I'm not sure I can make it through another four day weekend. I may have to send out messages to the local clinics limiting how much we are open over Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey hey.... I was wondering if there was a thread for those of us who keep the midnight oil burning. :smiley:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Lorelei19 wrote: »
    Hey hey.... I was wondering if there was a thread for those of us who keep the midnight oil burning. :smiley:

Yup, we're here! Howdy!
  • Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    How goes it? I'm having a hard time keeping up with threads cause they always make so many pages (replies) during the day. I feel like that weirdo that stands in the corner and watches everyone but never says anything. :o
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hi @Lorelei19 at least this thread is a bit easier to keep track of. I think there may be more than a few lurkers but we chat a bit thru the week. What do you do for work or are you just normally awake at night?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow. This is more traffic than we got all last wee. :). Welcome Lori. Look forward to seeing you in here.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Slow night tonight. It’s a welcome relief. The weather is supposed to be nice today. I might take the dog out for a bike ride.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I was watching the deer and not the road on my way into work. Ran across a stick and put it up through the chain on my bike. Took me 5 minutes to untangle the mess but at least nothing was broken. Could have been worse. I could have put it through my spokes. :smile:
  • SunriseSunburnSunset
    Options
    Hello night shifters :)
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hellooooow! I'm about to head out to the patrol office myself, tonight's my 'Friday.' YAAAAY! Hoping for another quiet one now that all the vacationers have gone home.