Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I ask myself why I do this. People drive me nuts sometimes. Then, just when I decide I'm done, someone like Peeps owner comes in. He was one incredibly nice guy with a keen sense of humor. His poor parakeet got attacked by one of his other birds but it wasn't too serious. He was really good to work with. I should have asked him if his bird Peep was named during Easter candy season.
  • brotato_chip7
    brotato_chip7 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    It's so dark. The sky, and my soul.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    It's so dark. The sky, and my soul.

What?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The sky you have no control over. Your soul can be brightened with a good dose of Key Lime Pie. :smile:
  • rfreitas1848
    rfreitas1848 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Straight chillin'
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Working on records over here. Hope we have an early snow. It cleans the air and knocks out the fires. The way the bears are really active makes me think it's going to be a long winter. I don't remember them being this active in a number of years.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I used to have a cat that reliably predicted the conditions of every winter by how thick her fur got in the Fall. It was weird, but it worked every single year.

Anyway, why did it never occur to me that 8 straight hours of driving would be so tiring? Dunno how long it's going to take me to adjust.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    My wife and I have been commenting on how thick my dogs fur is getting and how much shedding she is doing. Maybe that is a predictor? We'll have to see if it's related.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    25 degrees when I biked home this morning. My toes were FREEZING! Had to switch to my winter shoes.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    It's rebounded to around 18/19C and sunny again. The sky is so blue.
    I have to laugh just a bit.... Our local RCMP office is installing a bullet proof glass panel instead of the regular one we have now at the front desk. Better to be prepared. I think it's somewhat humorous when I compare that with police stations in other countries.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Bullet Proof Glass? Where do they think they are? Detroit? :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It's been in the 60sF here today. A week ago it was in the 90s. I'll pop on a cardigan!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Got chased by a German Shepherd this morning. I was able to turn the tables on him. I was able to make a quick U-turn and chase him back to his house. I swung around and started yelling at him to get home. The owner heard the yelling and came out to see a guy on a bike chasing her dog at high speed back to the house. She looked pretty terrified that I was going to kill her dog. The dog was running high speed with the tail tucked. I don't think it was expecting that move. :smile: The was yelling at the dog when I turned around again, "How did you get out! What are you doing in the street!" I'm sure all the dog heard was "Blah blah blah blah blah." :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Gary Larson Far Side comic 'what dogs hear' LOL
    Blah blah blah Ginger blah blah......
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I love Gary Larson! We tried to get him to come speak at our graduation. He's actually a little reclusive so he only speaks at a few occasions per year. We weren't able to get him. :frowning:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I really want a pizza right now. Thick stuffed crust with lots of really unhealthy toppings. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I owe, I owe, so off to work I go...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Let's all take a vacation, sit on a beach somewhere with drinks with umbrellas, eat pizza, chicken wings, french fries, ice cream, and look at Far Side cartoons on my tablet.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Most excellent idea. :smile: