Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• danj_64
    danj_64 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Almost over?
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Just waiting for an owner to pick up and I'm done. They have a 2 hour drive ahead of them so I guess I've got the easy part of the deal.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm discovering that driving for 8 hours a day is weirdly hard on a body...I'm getting aches and pains in odd places...
  • danj_64
    danj_64 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That’s a long time in a car Jennifer. Will definitely make you ache
  • 2020yesyouwill2020
    2020yesyouwill2020 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It may seem meaningless, but when I'm up in the air flying, your job is the most imortant job in the world to me. :smile:

Some days I change 1 rivet.... I promise you, that one rivet was not going to bring the plane down. Don't get me wrong, being on the dock line felt meaningful. Overnights is a bit monotonous.....
  • 2020yesyouwill2020
    Options
    Please don't think I don't know the consequences of my actions, I guess what I meant to say is some nights my job is a bit unfulfilling. I want to go to work and feel like I actually accomplished something. Sitting all night was fun for about 2 months. So bored now!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @SicklyMixed - We all feel that way some nights. Some nights you are the super hero. OK, maybe not, but at least some nights you don't feel like you wasted your time. :smile: Some nights you ask yourself why you couldn't just be on call.
  • 2020yesyouwill2020
    Options
    Ah so you get me!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Mornin' all! Working major hours this month, but tonite on site watching the ATM with free WiFi and a super quiet next 4 & 3/4 hrs. No driving needed. Listening to CBC radio and toodling around on the internet. My roving patrol is waaaay to busy these days to get online on those nights. Yep Jenn, driving does hurt after a while especially if you have to park 40 times a night and get in and out to do foot patrol each time.
    Welcome to the new people!
    Hoping you all are non-bored tonight lol. B)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Getting a mix of snow and rain. The rain is freezing to the road. That's not going to be fun in the morning.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Be careful if you are cycling!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I had to give up cycling for a couple weeks. It's gotten too dark when I bike home. Gotta wait for the time change. Even with lights it feels scary to go home when you can't see jack because of how dark it is.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well, to be more accurate, I had to move my cycling indoors.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    No looking forward to indoor cycling. Got the heater and my trainer hooked up in the garage. Had to scrape ice off my windshield this morning. Hope the heater keeps it warm enough.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's in the 30s here today. I'm not thrilled but at least it's not showing or icy.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Slept through my alarm. No garage riding for me today. At least I woke before it was time to go to work. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    You needed the sleep, man!
    Hey Jenn, I'm patrolling at -2C tonight so I get what you're talking about. It's been intensely sunny with awesome cloudless blue skies during the day. I love fall!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Came down with the cough that's going around. Guess I know why I slept through my alarm. I hate being sick.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The cold is kicking my butt. Fortunately, I feel it starting to let up. Probably back to biking by tomorrow.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Another down day from the cold but I'm doing much better. I will try the indoor trainer tonight when I get a break.