Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,214 Member
    Options
    I may have some help coming. I've got an interview tomorrow. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I may have some help coming. I've got an interview tomorrow. :smile:

Yay! Praying it goes well.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    A He11 of a day! A criminal whom I caught in the act of stealing diesel from a construction site sprayed me full on in the face with bear spray early this morning. Part of a very organized ring that have repeatedly hit all the large construction/heavy equipment sites in the area. Had to get taken to hospital by ambulance, and a strip and full shower for a long time with a full minibottle of baby shampoo. He had a tazer too, good thing I was in the car with the window down just a bit. Recorded statement with RCMP this afternoon after the Ativan I was given for sleep wore off. Victims Services is coming out to the house tomorrow. Worker's Compensation Board claim and off work tonight. Still feels like I've been swimming in a badly chlorinated pool for hours with a sunburn.
    Photo of my jacket collar. What a huge procedure to launder the clothes and decontaminate my stuff. Most of it is still in a sealed bag and I'll deal with it tomorrow, but thought I'd give it a try to clean the jacket and Hi-Viz vest.
    You can see the orange stain from the spray all over my collar.
    1ips4ekqtwas.jpg
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    A He11 of a day! A criminal whom I caught in the act of stealing diesel from a construction site sprayed me full on in the face with bear spray early this morning. Part of a very organized ring that have repeatedly hit all the large construction/heavy equipment sites in the area. Had to get taken to hospital by ambulance, and a strip and full shower for a long time with a full minibottle of baby shampoo. He had a tazer too, good thing I was in the car with the window down just a bit. Recorded statement with RCMP this afternoon after the Ativan I was given for sleep wore off. Victims Services is coming out to the house tomorrow. Worker's Compensation Board claim and off work tonight. Still feels like I've been swimming in a badly chlorinated pool for hours with a sunburn.
    Photo of my jacket collar. What a huge procedure to launder the clothes and decontaminate my stuff. Most of it is still in a sealed bag and I'll deal with it tomorrow, but thought I'd give it a try to clean the jacket and Hi-Viz vest.
    You can see the orange stain from the spray all over my collar.
    1ips4ekqtwas.jpg

Yup that would be one hell of a day ,,,Sorry you had all that,,,
    I would of shot the SOB
  • canadjineh
    Options
    If he was in the right spot I would have run him down with the car, lol.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    If he was in the right spot I would have run him down with the car, lol.

Well that'll do it , Lol
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hahaha, yeah, the constable also suggested, "Next time hit 'im." (with the car)
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Apparently, I made the front page online news site today - RCMP asking the public for help in this case.
    https://saobserver.net/news/security-guard-attacked-with-bear-spray-tazer-in-attempted-fuel-theft/
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Apparently, I made the front page online news site today - RCMP asking the public for help in this case.
    https://saobserver.net/news/security-guard-attacked-with-bear-spray-tazer-in-attempted-fuel-theft/

You're famous, lol! Hope you're feeling better?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yeah, thanks Jen. The gal from Victim's Services suggested journaling it out, which I know will be helpful - plus it will be good to have a detailed written record for myself in case this guy gets caught and comes to trial and I am called up. I could tell this wasn't his 'first rodeo.'
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow! I've had dogs in the clinic that were sprayed with bear spray. We were gagging and choking and couldn't see jack! I can't imagine what getting sprayed in the face would do! I'm glad you're alright. You have my complete sympathy on this one.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If you manage to get the bear spray out of your clothes, let me know how you did it.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yep, you can get it out of most clothes and even carpet - here's the link to how. It's taken parts of three days to clean all my uniform and cap and hi-viz vest. Hard work, much scrubbing and soaking.... I feel like I've been hunched over one of those old-fashioned wood and zinc corrugated scrub boards. https://sandssafetystore.com/blog/how-do-you-get-pepper-spray-out-of-clothes/
    "Thank you, Noxema! You are in my emergency kit now."
    Poor doggies (and owners.)
    8y15hv702umo.png
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Meh. I haven't really gotten seriously ill, just been feeling...bleh... off and on for days. Been taking vitamins consistently, but this is getting old.
  • jennifer_417
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I was just thinking about night shift and some of the odd habits I've picked up from it. To whit, I just washed down some sleeping pills with Mountain Dew.

What are some odd habits that you guys have picked up from shift work?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Sleeping pills with mountain dew??!! They are kind of at cross purposes, aren't they, lol? I say good morning when I answer the phone at 2pm.... there's always a moment of silence on the other end, no matter who it is :D . My 5:30am sleep routine is a bit odd, I guess. I take a glass of Magnesium bisglycinate in water, let a GABA tablet dissolve in my mouth, dab lavender and rose geranium oils on my wrists & neck, and pop my little fuzzy infinity scarf around my neck to be pulled over my eyes when I get into bed to block out any stray light. And earplugs. I probably look bizarre but when you've been married for 36 years you both look bizarre in bed no matter what. At least it's familiar bizarre hahaha!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I must be the oddball. I go home, change, and crawl into bed and sleep. If anyone calls at 2 PM, I don't say good morning, I ask who's dying. Actually, my phone is on do not disturb so no one calls until 4 PM. I do have two weird habits. I need background noise to sleep. I turn Pandora on soft music and I make sure one of the blinds is open so I don't panic and think I've overslept if I wake up before my alarm. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Sleeping pills with mountain dew??!! They are kind of at cross purposes, aren't they, lol?

You would think so, but if I don't get enough caffeine throughout the day to soothe the beast of caffeine addiction, then I will develop a headache that will interfere with my sleep. Hence, occasionally washing down sleeping pills with a caffeinated beverage.

I don't answer my phone pretty much ever, so that's not really a problem, but since I've frequently work overnights while going to school, I'll wake up at say, 6, and it'll take me a few mins to determine if it's am or pm (for some reason that really freaks people out). Also, I sleep with a mask and a white noise machine.

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm not sure which bothers me more; when a client didn't give their regular vet's treatment time to work, or when you look at that treatment and can't see how that would possibly help the current problem.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm not sure which bothers me more; when a client didn't give their regular vet's treatment time to work, or when you look at that treatment and can't see how that would possibly help the current problem.

That sucks all the way around