Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Hope you heal up quickly and get back outside!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Managed 14 miles on the indoor trainer last night. It was a nice easy right but hey, it was a ride.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Any ride when you're sick is a workout, especially with an upper respiratory virus. Good for you!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I get tomorrow night off! I'm going to Scarywood. They take an amusement park and turn it into a haunted park. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yayyyy for days/nights off. It's a date weekend for us - I have the night off Fri so we are doing dinner out, Cirque du Soleil, and a fancy hotel overnighter. Looking forward to it. One more work night tonight first.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Yay for nights off!! But what is this "date" you speak of? It sounds like fun.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @canadjineh - She must be talking to you. I'm not familiar with the "Date" concept either. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Thoroughly enjoyable overnighter! Circus was awesome, beautiful suite in the hotel across from the Riverside Park and the event centre, and a comped late check-out. And a supremely delicious Indian dinner with big prawn saag, fluffy basmati, a creamy raita, and masala pappadam.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Glad you had a good time. Just another night at work for me.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Wow, freakout time! The Cirque du Soleil tractor trailer just pulled in to the Tim Hortons next to where I am stationed on a site.... They are on their way to the next city, Lethbridge Alberta, then Minneapolis Minnesota.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm guessing that they are not in costume. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Ummmm, nope.
    :D
    7zgpa10pnys4.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    How long does it take them to get into costume. The hair alone must take close to an hour.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I don't know, great question though. I just took a look at the press kit for the show TOTEM and it takes between 1/2 hour to 3/4 hr to do their own makeup and the costumes are amazing too. The Crystal Man costume weighs 8 lbs!.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The weather has been just miserable here. High 30's to low 40's and rain. Not cold enough to snow but not warm enough to make the rain not miserable. Makes you just want to stay inside and sleep.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It's supposed to be 50s and rainy all week here. Bleck.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Also, I think I'm coming down with something. I hope it doesn't get nasty.

Also also, that costume is absolutely beautiful!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yep, rain and low 40's F generally here in the valley. 6C tonight... Winter has officially started here, lol, Warren Miller's film Face of Winter is on in a couple weeks and the Banff Mountain Film Festival will be here shortly too. Annnnd, hubby and I need to decide which mountain to buy our passes from this year. We don't do the full on season pass, just the discounted set of tickets to be used during the season (up to 40% off is a good deal when the bloody tickets are over $100 a day plus taxes on the mountain.)
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Take your vitamins, Jen! ;)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Downhill skiing is getting to be a sport of the rich. Big mountain here is over $100/day. Season passes make it cheaper if you go often but $800/year is still out of my price range. Blacktail mountain is still $50/day but if I go on my birthday it's $25.