Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @jennifer_417 that's nice that your stomach feels much better now.

@bethanie0825 you are the first person I met that's a 911 dispatcher.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    OK, I know I said I wasn't gonna listen to Dr. Google any more, but, well, there are no dentists to call at 5pm on a Sunday. Anyway, I think I may have dry socket. Gah. I'll have to call the dentist first thing in the morning.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Veterinary ER. I've decided to win the lottery and become an owner of a private island in Belize. I just haven't figured out the win the lottery part yet. Still working on it.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If you have dry socket, start drinking whisky. It won't fix the dry socket but you won't care either. :smile:
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I have soft spot for Veterinarians. My father inlaw was a DVM. I used to help him work at sale barns with cattles and horses. He also raised all sorts of animals in the back of his clinic. We had pigs, goats, horses, cows, buffalo, geese, chicken, turtles, dogs, cats and etc. Probably one of the smartest man I have ever known.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Whiskey--eh, doesn't it have antiseptic properties...or someshin...? Eizer waay, issa grt idea!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I wish I could say I was one of the smartest people I've known. I know a lot of people smarter than me. I really good at my job, but I'm jealous of how smart some of the people I know are.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Security here, Daisy_Girl2019. Quiet night tonight though (yaaaaay!)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Made it through another weekend. Just need to finish up some records.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Whiskey--eh, doesn't it have antiseptic properties...or someshin...? Eizer waay, issa grt idea!

How about vodka!? lol, I hope you're feeling better!
    @jennifer_417 that's nice that your stomach feels much better now.

@bethanie0825 you are the first person I met that's a 911 dispatcher.

I kinda fell into it lol. I needed a job after I graduated college and no one would even call me in for an interview. My ex-husband said that our county was hiring for 911 so I applied and got the job. Fast forward almost 11 years and here I am! :smile: It was supposed to be a job that is now a career. I work at a different agency now than when I started. Less work, better pay.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hey, can I get one of those, "Work less, Better pay" jobs? :smile:
    The weather is turning nice for the week. It's been 51 on my ride in and only 30 on my ride home. The snow is melted off the sidewalks and bike paths. It's almost perfect! :smile: Up the temps by 10 degrees and it will be perfect weather.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I bought a bike last year, and have never ridden it. I think I need to get it to the bike shop at this point before I try to ride it. The weather is getting nicer and I'd at least like to ride it around the neighborhood.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Honestly, a heaping helping of hard liquor is starting to sound more and more appealing. Between the pain in my mouth, and trying to kill that with unhealthy amounts of OTC pain meds (because they won't give me more hydrocodone without a in-office visit) and the antibiotics that I now have to take totally screwing up my stomach, and those two things combining to make it really hard to eat anything, which is only making things worse, being blackout drunk is starting to sound like a very reasonable alternative.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @jennifer_417 Oh no...I'm guessing the dentist didn't get you in?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, I talked to the clinic nurse on the phone. She didn't think I had dry socket based on what I told her, and I didn't want to pay for an appointment just to get pain meds. If it's not a LOT better by tomorrow, I'll make the appointment.
  • bethanie0825
    edited April 2019
    Options
    D@mn I'm sorry

**in other news, I have 90 mins to go and it's going to be the longest 90 mins in history lol
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    You can dooo eeeettt!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    :lol::lol: My partner and guys are on the struggle bus together
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow Jennifer! That sounds terrible! I know the human side is very concerned about opiate abuse but for pete sakes, you just had the tooth pulled a couple days ago. You would think that would seem like a reasonable request.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Idk, the way she said it, it sounded like it was a legal issue. It just sucks to have to pay for another visit, especially since I don't have insurance.