Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    It's been crazy today and I don't see an end in sight. We had a dog with an enlarged heart this morning. We put it on meds and it walked out. It came back this afternoon sounding worse. Follow up radiographs show the heart is a third larger after only 8 hours. If feel bad for the owners but we couldn't save it. The heart was dying literally as we watched. Had to put it down.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I'm sorry, I cannot imagine losing my fur babies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I am so sleepy, y'all. But my mouth is doing better, starting to cut the pain med dose and take it less often.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I am so sleepy, y'all. But my mouth is doing better, starting to cut the pain med dose and take it less often.

This is awesome!!!!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Longest part of the night...0100-0500
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Longest part of the night is from right after I start to when I walk out the door. I feel like I'm incarcerated here sometimes.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Thing I just learned: When you live alone after not having done so for a long time, random thumps in the house are roughly 3452% creepier.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Longest part of the night is from right after I start to when I walk out the door. I feel like I'm incarcerated here sometimes.

Same....

@jennifer_417 Yes lmao
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Went most of the day without any pain meds! Woo hoo!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Jennifer - I agree about the thumps in the night. :smile: Laughing still.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    35 degrees, raining big time, and the wind is blowing. I drove in. I don't mind the cold or the wet. However, add the wind and that's where I draw the line. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, I finally started sorting through my mom's boxes and such today. Not an easy process.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @jennifer_417 I can't even imagine. It took my mom several years before she went thru my dad's stuff *hugs*
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Jennifer - You have my sympathies. That has to bring back some good memories and some painful longing. Hang in there.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It was about 6 boxes of paperwork, old tax forms, etc. I got overwhelmed with decision fatigue after a while, because I'm just not completely sure what needs to be kept and what doesn't.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    So I found these nifty little doohickeys at Walmart. They're kinda like 'roided out toothpicks with a soft, pointy, rubber tip. And, because I know you're following my tooth saga with bated breath, I will tell you that they do a really good job at getting stuck food out of the craters in the back of my mouth.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's cool. Now you just need the craters to fill in (with something besides food). :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    edited April 2019
    Options
    That would be super. For now I'm just happy that it doesn't hurt to even think about my face.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I love those things!! I carry some as well as flossers in my purse. All. The. Time.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Annnnnd in other news, I tweaked a shoulder dragging an extremely heavy box across the garage. The fun never ends, lol!