Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    We keep targeting guns as the modern problem in society. At the same time mental health goes unaddressed. We understand so little about mental health despite billions spent on medications for mental illness. We keep treating symptoms without understanding what we are treating. It's pretty sad to be honest. People are literally getting killed because we just sweep mental illness under the carpet.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    It is sad. We have a female that we often deal with in the town where I work. She is constantly threatening to harm herself. We take her to a crisis facility or the ER; she stays long enough for the dr to say she's fine and she's back out again. The mental healthcare system in the US is a joke.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I swear the next apocalypse is going to come from a grade school, not a military lab. My daughter brought home a bug that is killing me!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Hope you feel better!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    We had some nasty storms come thru today, luckily, I think we only had a couple poss tornado touchdowns and no deaths that I've heard of. I was racing the storm line to work lol

gtms704qo83o.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    *cough cough* *sneeze* *sniffle* Ugh. I just wanna go back to bed.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @bethanie0825 -glad you made it to work safe. Be careful out there!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    It went thru super quick, even quicker than they thought. After the night we've had dealing with stupid stuff (not storm related at all), I'm ready to just go to bed and hide for a while
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I may have taken more cold medicine than I should've...feeling a bit fuzzy around the edges. But I can breathe, so there's that.

In other news, a little shard of bone worked itself up out of my gum and came loose yesterday. I wasn't alarmed that it happened, the paperwork said it might. What did concern me a bit was how jagged this little piece was. Like, what the heck did they do in there? I'm picturing a dentist with one foot propped against my chest, a mallet in one hand and a rusty screwdriver in the other, taking occasional breaks to swig from a flask of moonshine.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I saw your pic on Instagram, I was kinda like, wha.... :worried:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm still fighting this cold! At least I'm not as medicated. Nothing like a 72 hour shift on cold medication. Fortunately Easter weekend is usually slow.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I'm sorry you're still sick, it doesn't seem like it wants to let go.

I'm counting down till 0600 when I hit my two days off
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Man oh man! Hope you all are feeling better! Yeah, you don't wanna know what they do to you while you are under. Youtube a rhinoplasty and you'll know what I'm talking about.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Canadjineh - I already know. I promise, most procedures aren't that brutal.

Bethanie - I'm counting down to June 24th when my relief shows up. :smile:

Finally back on the bike. Really easy zone 1 HR spin in the small chain ring. It felt good. Still have the cough but after a week and a half off the bike I needed to do something. :wink:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    We'll all coordinate going out on June 24th and partying in spirit with @sufferlandrian. Save the date :D
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well, I'll still be at work since I have to make sure he knows how to use everything. However, I don't have to write the records. :smile:
  • curvyycaloriess
    curvyycaloriess Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    hi, im new to this thread. I dont fall asleep till around 8am-9am. its pretty bad. figured I would join in.
  • bigoldork
    bigoldork Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ah time to go to bed!! It’s hard to sleep on days like this though, 80’s today
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, I can see the bottom of my kitchen sink for the first time this week. It's not an unobstructed view, but it's there. I've done nothing but work, come home, and drop dead all week because of this cold. How does one person even make so many dirty dishes??

@curvycaloriess @bigoldork -welcome!
    @sufferlandrian - I hope June 24 comes quickly, and that this one sticks around!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hey! 24 hours without cold medication! Yeah! I think I'm winning. Wait. Darn, I guess I'll live. :frowning: Guess I'll go back to work again.

@Jennifer - I'm always amazed at how quickly dishes accumulate at work and how it seems like the same two people are always washing them. Honestly, there are a couple of folks here at work that if they ever invited me to dinner at their house, I'd have to decline. :smile: