Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Wow Jennifer! That sounds terrible! I know the human side is very concerned about opiate abuse but for pete sakes, you just had the tooth pulled a couple days ago. You would think that would seem like a reasonable request.

Even a few days of something would help you get thru :disappointed:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm finally doing a bit better, but it's probably because I slept all day. The swelling is down and the pain seems more tolerable.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear things are feeling better. You've been on a roll with bad luck. At least you got the guy to open the pickle jar for you. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Left for work 15 minutes late. Really had to push it on my bike to make it up but I did. :smile: Made it in 23 minutes instead of my usual 37. Hitting the lights right helped. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Once I started to be able to get some real food down, that helped a lot. Still have some pain but the swelling is almost gone and my stomach is much better. Finally on the mend!

@sufferlandrian -that must've been a heckofa ride!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Jennifer - Now the bruising will appear. :smile:
    Yes, I was really pushing it. Heart rate was 167 coming down the last 3 miles. My max is 170. For those of you with threshold on the mind, My threshold is 156 bpm. Yes, I was anaerobic the last three milds. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @jennifer_417 yay!!!!

@sufferlandrian holy snap!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I had a choice. I could be good at spelling or good at my job. Spelling went right out the window. Anyone remember how to spell Chilothorax?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Got it. Chylothorax. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Back to work for my weekend shifts....is it Monday yet!?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    There are days when I think I'm not going to make it another week. Got woken up at 12:30 by a daughter wailing about how terrible her life is. I swear there are days I want to make her homeless and see if she still thinks her life was so terrible.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @sufferlandrian Maybe she needs to see how bad life can be
  • jennifer_417
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Oh boy teenagers are fun...not.

In other news (possible TMI), I have a huge chunk of peanut stuck in the cavern where one of my molars was pulled. It's been there since yesterday, and I haven't been able to get it out. I even went in with tweezers. I don't know what to do, lol.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Teenagers are not fun lol.

And oh gah, that sucks. Toothpick? I'm trying to think of something thin you could use. Maybe aggressive swishing if you're able?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I've tried swishing and poking and pretty much everything I can think of. It will spin around in there, but it has not come out!
  • jennifer_417
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I got it! It's finally out! I was genuinely starting to get worried, lol. The prospect of rotting food in a new, raw hole...icky.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    At least if it was rotting it was getting smaller so it would eventually flush out.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    True, but the idea of having rotting food just stuck in my mouth, just...eugh.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    I'm glad it came out!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Thank God for french bread pizza so I don't order one and eat the entire thing :+1: