Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    That's neat, dlbohl1991, looks like you are living on another planet with three suns in the first picture, lol.
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Beautiful sunrise and sunset. Is that you in the last photo?

Yes it is. I just got home from a 12 hour shift (3pm to 3am) one more second shift tomorrow and then two 3rd shifts to finish the week after that! I work for a Cement Plant in Iowa
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I worked rotating shifts. That bites. I‘d rather work all nights than to rotate.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Woah, @sufferlandrian! You have a face!
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    gpnat16pyeal.jpg drenched in sweat from water blasting, thank god its my Friday! Monday Tuesday off and then back for a first shift on Wednesday lol whose got a stun gun for me?!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    dlbohl.... you do look a little tired. I doubt you need a stun gun, maybe a cattle prod? :D
    Jenn, you & I were thinking the same thing, for a while I wasn't sure there was anything behind the helmet and goggles and mask, kinda like the 'headless horseman.' Good to see you, sufferlandrian!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hellooooo out there, where's the rest of our night crew? @bethanie0825, @curvyycaloriess .....
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    Lol so where’s everyone working?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I do security at an underground data storage center. @sufferlandrian is a veteran and the reigning champ of working way too many hours. @canadjineh also does security. @bethanie0825 is a 911 operator. I'm not sure about @curvycaloriess .
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    *veterinarian. Not veteran.
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    Oh haha love it!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Working 'Canada Day Fireworks in the Park' this evening.... 'funnest shift evah!' We just have to keep all idiots out of the danger zone for pyrotechnics set-up next to the beach road, and also work the beer gardens B)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    That sounds like a really fun gig!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Woke up to what sounded like a knock on my front door. Didn't hear it again. Remembered that I have a couple of Amazon packages en route, so started to roll over and go back to sleep. Then opened my eyes and saw it was dark. Then looked at my watch and it was 0430. Took a walk around the house, didn't see or hear anything. Still awake at 0600. Ugh.
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    Still awake?
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    “Woobie blanket is the must see band of the year”
    -Donald trump
    “Their live show is amazing!”
    -Hellen Keller
    See Woobie blanket in a city far from you with such smash hits as “rock and roll all night” and “Day-o (daylight come and me wanna go home)”
  • canadjineh
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I thought it was Trump that said, "Their live show is amaaaaazing!" Or maybe he said, "They're yuuuuuge!"
    hahaha, you funny :D

Hope you got back to sleep Jenn! Maybe it was a branch or a pine cone thumping on your doorstep in the wind???
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Me at the start of shift, we were a bit worried about the storm clouds but after 2 or 3 drops they dissipated. Shows part of the 'no-go zone' as the firemen were setting up on the right just behind the pick-up on the side of the road. Pick-up got moved of course, before the main event.
    9upai7hb530z.jpg

Hubby, who also has a Security licence, worked all day at his regular job then worked late on this gig, then had to get up 5 hours after we got home to work his regular job again. Lol, last night he went to bed at 8:30 pm - so dead tired!
    ka2jks481qcy.jpg
    Not sure if I could link my short video clip - so I won't bother... you all know what fireworks look like :p
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Love the pictures everyone is sharing!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, coming back on for some really long shifts. Not looking forward to this. I‘m not as young as I used to be.