Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I think that should be the name of a Rock band.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I solved the stupidest mystery ever tonight. I've been wondering why my elbows have been so dry and chapped for the last several weeks. When I was driving home from the gym, after practicing throwing elbows at the heavy bag, it suddenly occurred to me.... derp.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yep. That would do it. Catch 22. Put lotion on and the skin isn't as tough. Don't put lotion on and the elbow look like lizard flesh.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I'd go see Woobie Blanket at some big arena and dance my face off in front of the stage! hahaha
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What? That's a band? :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Not that I know of.... but that would be a neat name for a band, especially if it was a Thrash Metal band (ironic use, of course)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Rock On! :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Let start a band! We'll call it "Woobie Blanket," and dance our own faces off, 'cause it's really unlikely anyone else will come see us play.
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I’d see you guys play! So is this still a bunch of nightshifters?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Awesome, we'll have an audience! And yup, buncha night shifters here.
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    I’m an all shifter (my week is one 1st, two 2nds, and two 3rds) but I get it lol
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Yooo that's a brutal schedule!
  • canadjineh
    edited June 2019
    Options
    YOIKS!! That is a brutal schedule @dlbohl1991 - I'm strictly 3rd shift although on Monday the 1st (Canada Day) I will be guarding the fireworks site (and the firemen, bwahahaha!) at the park on the lakeshore. Bands playing early evening ( :D no "Woobie Blanket," though... sad) then fireworks at 10:30 pm when it gets dark enough. One of my favorite shifts of the year. Oh yeah, and time-and-a half for Stat Holiday <3
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Did a shift to guard the Dragon Boats overnight prior to a race last Fri/Sat.... Longest day of the year, so sunrise was at 3ish... lovely view over the lake:
    cw14juhpflho.jpg
    arow71fnh1in.jpg
    okaz758exza6.jpg
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    That’s stunning
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Beautiful photos! I'd post photos of my ride last night, but it was night. It was black. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Seems like the only thing I do outdoors these days is drive to and from work...blegh.
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    zmg3g3yd26ym.jpeg
    ytipnbmys7ob.jpeg
    9o1s8qupvd9k.jpeg
    v4s8qjwtexeq.jpeg
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Beautiful sunrise and sunset. Is that you in the last photo?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Snuck in a 40 mile ride today. Felt really good. :smile: I love my new bike. :smile: