Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    The Vancomycin is helping...he is starting to feel better, although pretty tired since our schedule is being flipped around so much. Extra emergency cases earlier meant that he didn't get started at 10 last night, more like midnight, bumping today's drip forward to 6 pm. He'll just get finished this course and he will have to run off to work all night 9pm-5am on patrol. At least he'll be able to sleep for 6 hours or so before heading in to the hospital for tomorrow's drip.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    MRSA? Where did he pick up a MRSA? That's usually a nosocomial infection you pick up from the hospitals. At least he hasn't had to resort to IV Iodine. Hope he gets better soon.

It was 7 degrees F this morning when I biked home. Thank heavens for warm gloves. Should only be 14 this morning. It's like a heat wave! :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Yeah! It’s snowing again. 😁. I’m not sure why but we get busier when the weather is worse.
  • canadjineh
    MRSA? Where did he pick up a MRSA? That's usually a nosocomial infection you pick up from the hospitals. At least he hasn't had to resort to IV Iodine. Hope he gets better soon.
    Yeah, it's not something he got in the hospital. (WARNING * TMI*) He has diverticuli in his bladder, they are almost the same size as his bladder, and of course he cannot fully empty, hence the 2x/day self-catheterization. Some urine stays in and despite being VERY careful to be as sterile as possible introducing a tube into yourself will always carry bacteria in. He generally has trouble with the Klebsiella's and E. coli, but once in a while it's Staph A. We all carry those in & on our bodies but because of his situation and the almost constant need for antibiotics for UTI's they tend to run amok in him.

Good news is, the Vancomycin worked and drip & drugs paid for by Medical. MRSA is gone. Bad news is he now has Kleb. o. Good news is, he's got a regular oral antibiotic that is working for that. :|
  • canadjineh
    Trotting off to the college now. TTYL.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    TIL that there is a lizard that, when threatened, shoots a stream of toxic blood out of its EYEBALLS. I never cease to be amazed how freakin' weird the world is.
  • canadjineh
    TIL that there is a lizard that, when threatened, shoots a stream of toxic blood out of its EYEBALLS. I never cease to be amazed how freakin' weird the world is.

Horned lizards, lol. They live in the province next to us (and further south through the grasslands and deserts of US to Central America. They have little icky-tasting blood filled sinuses to use as defense when attacked by a predator. Haven't seen one squirt, but have handled them. They are pretty mellow (at least toward humans B) )
  • canadjineh
    As you can tell, I've always been a fan of reptiles. And amphibians - but they're harder to find.
  • jennifer_417
    They are pretty cool! I never cease to be amazed at what a weird and wonderful world we live in.

In other news, I finally went and lifted weights today for the first in like...two years? It was awesome, but also...ow.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Nature is cool af. So is weight lifting lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Been awhile. I'm on the mend after a killer run of shifts and then picking up the flu. I keep saying I'm going to get vaccinated but then I never get around to it. I should have done it this year. Even if it limited my symptoms, it would have been worth it.
  • sufferlandrian
    I think I'm getting immune to the caffeine. :disappointed:
  • sufferlandrian
    Finally getting back on the bike. It feels good. 😊
  • bethanie0825
    I think I'm getting immune to the caffeine. :disappointed:

I think I have this same issue. It sucks so bad...
  • sufferlandrian
    I can’t think of anything legal I can substitute for Caffeine. :smile: Guess I’ll have to work on getting sleep. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    I can get all the sleep in the world and still crave it lol. No help for me
  • sufferlandrian
    In the Zombie apocalypse you and I will be looking for Caffeine while everyone else is looking for brains. Based on the conversation I heard while in Walmart, I think we will have better luck. Any conversation between two guys that begins, "You wouldn't believe what my B**** wanted me to do?" is never going to end well.
  • sufferlandrian
    By the way, it was buy tampons for her.
  • jennifer_417
    By the way, it was buy tampons for her.

If that's all it takes for him to be saying that out loud in public, thennnnn....well, yeah, I have to agree, it's not going to end well.
  • sufferlandrian
    These 62 hour shifts take more out of me than they used to,. Guess I'm getting old. :smile: