Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to complain about how hot it is outside lol
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi everyone! My 8 hr patrols are leaking over into 9 hours as we have extra stops at the bank ATM 's. Once a few homeless people 'move in' overnight, no one gets to use them. Ugh, tired of this. Our small town of 20,000 just had a Walmart employee test positive last week. Not surprising, since they probably got it from white trash shoppers that bring their 5 kids and gramma in without any sort of gloves or bandanna/mask on and 'git all up in yer face.' I definitely wouldn't shop there even if a gun was held to my head. I had to go in a couple days ago to the Wireless kiosk in the store to get some help with my new phone and even though I had a mask and gloves on, I had to reverse and zig zag to avoid the idiots who can't even figure out the directional arrows on the aisle floor and were quickly approaching me.
    We've had two other cases test positive in town but that was from travel to Morocco.
    It was a lovely 21C here today and for the first time in 8 weeks I got to sit outside in my lawn chair and have a lovely visit (without mask & gloves, even) 2 m away from Mom & Dad sitting together on a bench in their senior residence garden. We have not been able to visit AT ALL previous to this except via phone calls, and no one can enter the residence building but the staff and pharmacist still.
    Definitely lots of dog walking going on, haha, reminded me of this joke on my FB feed. I have been bingewatching the UK show "Dogs Behaving Badly" and season 2 "Dogs Behaving Very Badly." Funny (and scary) stuff!
    uotd284tdy3p.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Jineh, that's funny! My dogs are like that. I had them out chasing me on the fat tire and thought I wore them out after just over 6 miles of up and down dirt trails. After sleeping for 15 minutes in the truck on my way home, they bounced right back, bolted from the truck and chased imaginary creatures around the neighbors house. I'm so glad they saved me from the imaginary creatures.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Yeah for Montana! Opening restaurants this week. Guess who’s going out to eat for Cinco de Mayo? :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    North Carolina is going to slowly reopen. I'm still staying and let other people be the testers so to speak lol. I've been saving hella money staying in so I need to keep that up.

My weekend off is coming, the weather is supposed to be cool and sunny. Last weekend while I slept all day to work all night, it was in the 80s...of course!

I think we have Animals Behaving Badly, or something to the effect and it is absolutely hilarious!! My guys are always out stalking mice and the voles. One of them managed to catch a vole and leave it on the deck for us. Such good boys!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow! Catching a vole is quite a feat. 😁 would have been nice if they left it somewhere else. 🤪
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Neighbour tuxedo kitty (Lilly) is a vole catcher too. Fortunately she is not able to catch the birds around here, or I'd buy her a little neck bell. At least she leaves the voles at her 'dad's' door and not ours. She is quite a funny cat as she comes when called and heels at the walk, like a well trained dog.
    'Elective (previously cancelled) surgeries' are back up and running again; for me - chiropractor and dentist and massage therapist opening up in another week or so. AND HAIRDRESSER!!! I need to make my appointments soon. Restaurants are getting their plans in place, but I think most will be still just takeout here, we don't have any really big restaurants that will be able to make a go of it while still social distancing (only half the tables spaced out, etc.) I don't mind that so much. We had wonderful Mexican while distance visiting with my hubby's 94 yo Mom on her big Senior Residence paved patio outside. Lovely weather lately 23C, and blue skies. Hubby saw waterskiers on the lake while he was doing a beachhouse window cleaning. A bit cool in the lake for that, I thought.
  • canadjineh
    edited May 2020
    Options
    What do you call a group of sick crows?
    ijrcnw869qcb.png
    Corvid-19 :p
  • chsberthelot2934
    chsberthelot2934 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    3.5 more hours to go!
  • chsberthelot2934
    chsberthelot2934 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    3.5 more hours to go!

Lucky you Chase, I have 7 more hours to go. 😒😜

Hahaha sucks for you!! 😏😜
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Soon starting my 9.5 hr '8 hr shift'.... My partner had to use CPR on a gal with a fentanyl overdose in the park washroom last night. Luckily she came round just in time for the paramedics to get there and use the Naloxone kit and get her to the hospital. Some new gal - we've got quite a few new homeless/transients coming into town lately. They all seem to be substance abusers - sigh. They are causing trouble for all our 'regular, local' homeless people. I had a couple of alarm calls yesterday.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Yaaay for a 3 night workweek this week! A bit of a break finally. I had to do a training for patrol last week Thursday, which was a bit awkward as I kept my mask on and gloves on the whole shift since we couldn't really socially distance in a Ford Focus. When I got to the end of the night I was never so glad to rip that thing off my face! (Not the trainee co-worker Reed,... the mask :D )
    Hope you guys are all holding steady.
    Campgrounds start proper opening for overnighters June 1, but no out of province travel, in fact, it is suggested that we camp within our local area. Luckily tons of lakes and mountain trails to get to within a couple hours of our place, not that we'll be able to camp anytime soon. Too booked up and busy. Actually Covid-19 has made us richer, lol. We are so busy working, but have to place to go, no travel, no events or sports, no fancy dinners out or heading to the pub with friends, so no money is being spent.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    One more day off and then back to work. It's been weird this year having a week of here and there. I'm so used to working seven days a week most of the time. It has been nice to be home. The dogs love it too. :smile: They got a double treat yesterday. I took them out before people started getting up (6 AM) and then the wife and I went for a walk with the dogs in the evening after dinner (6 PM). Bonus walk for the dogs. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've been riding with a friend who got an E-Bike. It's been really nice. Before when we rode I could count on an easy ride but now I can push it so I get better and she is the one taking it easy. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Perfect on the E-bike trips! It makes it more of an enjoyable outing for both friends if something can even out their skills or fitness levels. I haven't even been out on my bike yet this year, or in the canoe.... hubby is working too much, we never seem to have a proper day off together that doesn't involve catching up with yardwork or housework or parent care. Our walks/cycles/paddles are getting pushed to the wayside - priorities, priorities. :(
  • canadjineh
    Options
    WhooHoo! I have an appointment with my hairdresser on the 29th! I feel a bit like a sheepdog, but at least not like a Komondor, lol.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    LOL. :smile: If you start wearing dreads, I want a photo posted. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    There are days I just want to run screaming. I had a relief vet in and she refuses to do records like I asked. Now I have clinics calling and complaining about the records. That just won't do. They are our lifeblood.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    LOL. :smile: If you start wearing dreads, I want a photo posted. :smile:

That wouldn't take long, as my hair is naturally curly anyhow. I already have ringlets, lol.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That was a long weekend in the ER. Between people letting their dogs eat stupid stuff to the dog fights between dogs that owners said, “He’s never done that before when they came to visit”, it was a busy busy weekend. And I found out one of the patients I thought I had turned around died Monday night. Not a good weekend. Maybe it’s time to switch careers to Homeless. There’s lots of programs for the homeless and there’s not near the pressure.