Fun for thought Only...Opinions Requested!

Options

Replies

• kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I do find it amusing how many people are jumping on someone because of different beliefs. And surprise, it's the progressive minds ganging up on the conservative mind! Par for the course in america.. sadly.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I do find it amusing how many people are jumping on someone because of different beliefs. And surprise, it's the progressive minds ganging up on the conservative mind! Par for the course in america.. sadly.

I did not realize that confident women were an attack on a conservative mindset. Also, way to make it political. :laugh:

~A real conservative
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

You say that as though it's a bad thing. I think it's fantastic that the majority of people on this thread are of a more equal, you call it "progressive", mindset. I hope it's not unique to the U.S. My hope is that it's worldwide, or is in the process of spreading.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

a different belief would be, "I prefer to date women who let me approach them rather than the other way around".

instead, this guy is making it seem like women who approach men are aggressive and classless. on the flipside, he is saying that men too shy to approach women are not worth dating. that is not a conservative mind, that's a misogynistic one.
  • kms1320
    Options

I did not realize that confident women were an attack on a conservative mindset. Also, way to make it political. :laugh:

~A real conservative

I guess you didn't see my post farther up the thread where I said "A woman with the confidence to approach me would leave an impression." I love confident women, and fundamentally disagree with topsking. My comment was about the response to him from that group of people who don't agree with him.

But spin it however you like to make yourself look good?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

The belief that a woman is classless if she approaches a man isn't conservative, it's misogynistic. It kind of goes with the PMs he's sending.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    a different belief would be, "I prefer to date women who let me approach them rather than the other way around".

instead, this guy is making it seem like women who approach men are aggressive and classless. on the flipside, he is saying that men too shy to approach women are not worth dating. that is not a conservative mind, that's a misogynistic one.

I was told via PM "It makes us think your hard up for sex!!
    If that is what you want then go for it!!! "

Snort.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Snort.

TOPSKING2010, for the last time, STOP being such a beta and PMing people with your bs. We all know you know how to reply in a thread.

Disgusting, sad, and hilarious all at once.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Snort.

He PMed you too??? Lol. And no, it doesn't make us think you're hard up for sex. It makes us think you are confident and independent and someone who would probably be very cool to talk to.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

prog·ress (prgrs, -rs, prgrs)
    n.
    1. Movement, as toward a goal; advance.
    2. Development or growth: students who show progress.
    3. Steady improvement, as of a society or civilization: a believer in human progress. See Synonyms at development.
    4. A ceremonial journey made by a sovereign through his or her realm.
    intr.v. pro·gress (pr-grs) pro·gressed, pro·gress·ing, pro·gress·es
    1. To advance; proceed: Work on the new building progressed at a rapid rate.
    2. To advance toward a higher or better stage; improve steadily: as medical technology progresses.
    3. To increase in scope or severity, as a disease taking an unfavorable course

Explain how progress is a bad thing again?

And defending misogyny doesn't make you the voice of reason.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

Snort.

He PMed you too??? Lol. And no, it doesn't make us think you're hard up for sex. It makes us think you are confident and independent and someone who would probably be very cool to talk to.

I was PMed as well.

My reply:
    Stranger,

Practice what you preach.

Hating is good for the soul. Go Satan!

And no, I'm not a Satanist. Just seemed like the right combination of words at the time :tongue:
  • wheird
    Options

~A real conservative

I guess you didn't see my post farther up the thread where I said "A woman with the confidence to approach me would leave an impression." I love confident women, and fundamentally disagree with topsking. My comment was about the response to him from that group of people who don't agree with him.

But spin it however you like to make yourself look good?

Then I fail to see how progressive vs conservative even belongs in this thread.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    TOPSKING2010, for the last time, STOP being such a beta and PMing people with your bs. We all know you know how to reply in a thread.

Disgusting, sad, and hilarious all at once.

Beta behavior does not impress the ladies.
  • wheird
    Options
    Satan was brought up?!

In for the fundamentalist perspective!!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Satan was brought up?!

In for the fundamentalist perspective!!
    For the love of Krispy Kreme.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kms1320
    Options

prog·ress (prgrs, -rs, prgrs)
    n.
    1. Movement, as toward a goal; advance.
    2. Development or growth: students who show progress.
    3. Steady improvement, as of a society or civilization: a believer in human progress. See Synonyms at development.
    4. A ceremonial journey made by a sovereign through his or her realm.
    intr.v. pro·gress (pr-grs) pro·gressed, pro·gress·ing, pro·gress·es
    1. To advance; proceed: Work on the new building progressed at a rapid rate.
    2. To advance toward a higher or better stage; improve steadily: as medical technology progresses.
    3. To increase in scope or severity, as a disease taking an unfavorable course

Explain how progress is a bad thing again?

And defending misogyny doesn't make you the voice of reason.

I never said progress was a bad thing. Since "pro" is the opposite of "con" then what is the opposite of progress? But seriously, I've already said I disagree with what he said, I wasn't defending it. I was responding to some of the response he got. I'm personally neither liberal nor conservative, so take it however you want. Have a good thread!
  • Tigerman999
    Options
    Ladies should approach men if want too. I can't think of any men who would be put off by it.

Usually, the guys who make the best approaches to women, do it continually & don't really give a crap about the girl & its more of a game to them.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    If done correctly, most women can "approach" without looking like she is approaching the man (subtle goes a long way).

Don't hate the playa, hate the game :laugh:
    I prefer to do this, but in the opposite direction. Make the woman think it was her idea to approach me. I like a classy slore like that.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Um, from someone who actually studies behavior, alpha males prefer alpha females, and alpha females generally aren't passive.

I have been out of this game for so long I don't even know the rules anymore, but I DID make my husband do all of the approaching, only because he had NEVER had to ask a girl out before. Girls had a tendency to literally throw themselves at him.

Luckily for me he had decided he was sick of just dating anyone who asked him out and wanted to try a relationship with someone who actually had something in common with him. For some reason my Princess Leia holding a blaster rifle t-shirt made him think I might be the one :wink: .
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Let me put this another way!! I would never raise my daughter to approach a man first!!

A real man should be confident enough to approach a woman and say Hello!!!

Any man who thinks a woman should approach him lacks confidence and should Man Up!!!

Hi topsking2010.

I would respond to you via the private message you sent me, but doing so would make my skin crawl, so instead I will respond to this lovely post you've made.

While I understand you may be used to overcompensating for any feelings of inadequacy or insecurity, I find your ideals, to put it lightly, absolutely abhorrent. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes women may want to approach a man they find interesting and that is completely fine. I'm sure this idea terrifies you, but sometimes women are confident enough to go for what they want without depending on a man to give it to them - and also unfortunately for you, it does not mean they are "aggressive".

I am saddened that you are raising your daughter to accept misogyny and to feel as if it is acceptable for men to be aggressors. Does your mindset extend to her interactions with her teachers and, later, bosses? Should she not go for the things she wants because she, as you told me, "should expect the best because she gives the best"? Sounds like settling to me. I guess I will have to accept the "best" at my job because I only "give the best". I won't ask for anything else, because otherwise I wouldn't be considered a "classy lady" by your definition.

And, next time I see a guy I might be attracted to or find interesting, I won't try and strike up conversation with him. No, doing so would be far too aggressive and would mean that I am not fully dependent on men to give me anything I may need. And the next time I am approached by a man, I will be sure to "express interest" as that would make me a "classy lady" (your words, if you recall). Even if the guy is setting off every alarm in my creeper radar, I will be sure to be polite and make conversation with him because I am so lucky that he finds me attractive enough to come talk to me.

Oh, and, just so you know, I would and do want to date someone who's shy. There is nothing wrong with that and it is not a measure of character. I happen to be shy too and find it an endearing quality. I know, I know... women have more preferences in men other than "aggressive enough to approach". Hopefully that's not too much for you to handle.

Sincerely,

One unclassy slore

PS: By the way, next time, please don't PM me instead of addressing me in the thread. I am clearly not a "classy lady" by your definitions and won't respond graciously so I would advise you not take that extra effort.
    dtwn7.jpg