Replies

• TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) new and active here
  • disneygrl213
    disneygrl213 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, happy to encourage! Anyone else can add me as well. :)
  • Annalisa_87
    Annalisa_87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've recently lost a lot of weight and looking to keep it off.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same club too! I lost 30 pounds and kept it off for a couple of years and then had some stress and illness that derailed me three years ago and gained it all back--way faster than i've taken it off! Since then i've bounced back and forth, lose 10, gain 12, etc. I'm committed to getting back to where I was. At least we all know we can do it (we have before) so we know we can do it again!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    The trick is to never "take a break". Find a system that works for you and stick to it for maintenance. For me, I maintained while I continued to track at my weight loss calorie level for 4-5 days/week and allowing some "days off" for 2-3 day's/week, while keeping exercising. It worked for me as long as I kept to it!
  • purplemurfy
    purplemurfy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You are sooo right Leslie. We've all heard it before. It's not a diet (which is a temporary thing), it's a life style change (a permanent thing). No more breaks. :) Only changes, adjustments, of course there will be readjustments too.

I have a good friend that has been trying to quit smoking and is really struggling. But he read something that can apply to people trying to lose weight too. Don't look at it like you're depriving yourself of something.....look at it like you're defeating an enemy. My weight, my bad eating habits are an enemy. I need to remind myself of that going forward. And it's not like we have to completely deny ourselves of treats and goodies. Everything within reason and it works.

Have a great day everyone!
  • ashleymarie9807
    ashleymarie9807 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is sticking to the meal plan and cutting out empty calories, my mind set is if it makes me feel slugish or sleepy its not good for my body and who needs that? I lost almost 70 pounds in 6 months and once your mind is set to no longet eat crap and workout at lest 30 min a day(a brisk walk or some strength training nothing to crazy) then its easy to keep off. Sticking to a healthy food plan sucks for the first 3 months but after that you wont want to eat crappy because you wont want to undo all the hard work you put into yourself!! In the beggingin give yourself a "Cheat meal"(not A cheat day!!) and soon you wont want that cheat meal anymore, and yes its a lifestyle change not a diet, diets never work, I always keep lost of fruits,veggies and humus in the house, peanut butter becomes your best friend(Within reasson 2 tbs a day no more than that or you will be putting on weight).
  • Clare_10
    Clare_10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Would love to add some friends on here as very similar! I lost 18 pounds (needed to lose another 20 still) then went travelling and put it all back on and some!
  • Nichole71
    Nichole71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello. My story is very similar. Lost a bunch of weight on Jenny Craig, but gained it all back plus 20 lbs more :sad: , when I went back to "normal" food. Always looking for new friends so we can encourage each other to lose the weight the right way and keep it off for good! I'll send you a friend request :)

Anyone else on this thread please feel free to add me as a friend. Just got back on the wagon last week!
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I wish you all the success . . . I log daily again myself, and am headed in the right direction. I'm older than you, but feel free to add me should you wish. Good Luck!
  • WeaponOfMassInstruction
    Options
    It s a life long struggle, one I surrendered to and had surgery,, which I do not regret! I DID lose 60 on my own as well in only two months and found if you eliminate most carbohydrates, the weight comes off quickly but it is hard to give them up. Good luck on your journey and DON'T lose faith.
  • ljiangrsf
    ljiangrsf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me. I lost 22 lbs two years ago on HCG and gained 16 lbs back as of now. The first 5 lbs took 5 month. The second 5 lbs took more than a year. The last 6 lbs took 3 months. This is a terrible trend. I want to loss 16 lbs by July and kept them off this time.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I had lost 35 pounds last year and gained 16 of them back...managed to lose 5-6 of them...need to lose 25 in total....gained mainly because of stress and because I love to eat...I think I have to track calories my whole life.I alo have thyroid that makes it difficult to lose...I am here for the long hawl...
  • Sweetie_darling
    Sweetie_darling Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Same boat.... Lost 42 kg, gained back half of it.

I'm determined to get the 20 off for good, and then some.

Add me :)

Need extra motivation to be fabulous next summer
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone, i am similar. i lost 28 pounds then gained 18 back. i seem to lose the same 5 pounds over and over. silly!
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm on too much. My overall total I wanted to lose since the beginning is 29.1 lb and then maybe another 15 lb after that depending how I look and feel. Feel free to add! :)