Replies

• H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Must just be in their male genentics :wink:
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Girls! Has anyone noticed today that the sun is shining just a little brighter, the birds are singing just a little sweeter and the breeze is blowing just a bit softer! Can anyone tell today is a GREAT day for me! My husband will be at my house when i get off work today! I am running for the door already!
    I know i keep switching it up which day i weigh in, but i was so excited i just couldn't help it! I finally broke my plateau and i feel like the pounds are falling off! (my secret...snacking...seriously, that's what did it!) Keep in mind that my last weigh in was Sept 6, so 11 days ago but the progress is still awesome!!

SW: 146.6
    LW: 138.2
    CW: 136.2 <-2.0>

So for those of you getting discouraged...hang in there, i literally weighed 139 (or there abouts) for 12 weeks!! Stay positive, don't get down on yourself! Remember, this is a lifestyle and although you want to lose it all really fast, you have a whole lifetime to enjoy the goal so why shouldn't take what FEELS like a lifetime to get there! Keep your chin up!

Also! I was successful in telling AF she can shove it this month! (but please come back an O again next month! :flowerforyou: ) She was supposed to arrive yesterday and there are no signs of her arriving anytime soon! (For you new ones, i did this by playing God with my BC not bc i'm preggo) So woo hoo for that! I plan to spend a very nice and relaxing weekend with my family and i am READY! :-)
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Girls! Has anyone noticed today that the sun is shining just a little brighter, the birds are singing just a little sweeter and the breeze is blowing just a bit softer! Can anyone tell today is a GREAT day for me! My husband will be at my house when i get off work today! I am running for the door already!
    I know i keep switching it up which day i weigh in, but i was so excited i just couldn't help it! I finally broke my plateau and i feel like the pounds are falling off! (my secret...snacking...seriously, that's what did it!) Keep in mind that my last weigh in was Sept 6, so 11 days ago but the progress is still awesome!!

So for those of you getting discouraged...hang in there, i literally weighed 139 (or there abouts) for 12 weeks!! Stay positive, don't get down on yourself! Remember, this is a lifestyle and although you want to lose it all really fast, you have a whole lifetime to enjoy the goal so why shouldn't take what FEELS like a lifetime to get there! Keep your chin up!

Also! I was successful in telling AF she can shove it this month! (but please come back an O again next month! :flowerforyou: ) She was supposed to arrive yesterday and there are no signs of her arriving anytime soon! (For you new ones, i did this by playing God with my BC not bc i'm preggo) So woo hoo for that! I plan to spend a very nice and relaxing weekend with my family and i am READY! :-)

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Congrats on the weight loss! And yea for your hubby coming back! I don't know how I would make it if I were in your situation. You are a very strong woman.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Congrats on your loss! I went thru the same thing with my plateau at 150/151. It feels SO good to see the scale move down again! I hope you have a wonderful weekend after the few weeks you have had you completely deserve it! And I have to agree with Ron, yea for your hubby coming back! I don't know how I would make it if I were in your situation. You are a very strong woman.
  • ivygirl11
    ivygirl11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    today has been a MUCH better day for me... My dr's office called me with the results of my labwork. I OVULATED!!! They said something like they like to see the level above a 10 and mine was a 32 so i feel pretty good about that!!! So fingers crossed for me... I am on day 23 right now so ive got to wait a little bit longer to test. Honestly i am just glad i ovulated at this point!!!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Hooray for successful ovulation!! All that progesterone was probably what was making you have a lousy day. That's a bunch!!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Paldal – I’m glad my pee story made you laugh! I always laugh harder when I’m work and something makes me laugh.

Ericaroo – Have you got a positive OPK yet? I was going back to my calendar and noticed that I tend to get pregnant 3-4 months after I start using those. I hope that’s the case this time. I have no idea when I actually ovulate, and even using those I don’t feel it and I don’t notice any different CM, although I don’t do the full checking, just wiping.

Pmaria – who would think holding your pee for 4 hours would be that hard? I swear, I must pee every hour if holding it for 4 is that hard. I ALMOST think OPK time is harder the the 2WW, but we'll see what I have to say about that in a couple days.

H_82 – I assumed you tried everything, but wanted to check. I’m surprised at how many drs start treatment (like Clomid (SP)) and don’t suggest ovulation kits. I’m pretty sure they would have gone through treatment with me if I hadn’t figured out that OPK’s are out there. I will keep my fingers crossed that it only takes one time for you. I’m pretty much over my cold/allergies thing, although I just don’t feel right. My hubby came home from work with strep yesterday, so I’m kind of glad I haven’t gotten a positive OPK yet. As far as keeping up with the thread, I open a word document and read and type my 2 cents then copy and paste. I like “when people stop asking me” that’s funny and good!

Kt4au – Did you test? I have no idea how you have the will power to not test. With all 3 of my pregnancies I didn’t get a BFP until about a week after AF was due, but I still test 5 days before AF shows up. Good thing the dollar store carries tests for $1 each :O)

Chloehippy – Welcome!

Ivygirl – I hear what you are saying about losing the weight solving all the problems. I go one of two ways, depending where I am mentally. One is that way, the other is this feeling of NEEDING to lose it NOW! Wanting to be at 175 before I get a BFP but wanting to get the BFP NOW. I think it causes so much pressure on me that I end up over eating! Yeah for Oing!!! That’s exciting stuff!

Mellie – Have you found that you are more aware of PMS symptoms since TTC? We took 3 months off after the MC and now everything during the 2WW makes me think I’m pregnant. I’m constantly telling my hubby, “my boobs never hurt like this before, this has to be our month! I never have cramping, it has to be our month, etc.” Great advice on taking it choice by choice. I’ve been really off my game the past few months and I think I’m going to take your advice, thank you!

Alisa – You have it right with not worrying too much about it because it won’t help. Some of my problems have been my weight and a lot has to do with getting my thyroid in line. Have you read about the sperm meet egg “program” (not sure what to call it)? That might be a great idea for you. I agree with what someone else said about temping, although I don't know how valid the information is if you are on BC. Just enjoy the time with your hubby before he goes! Like the other ladies said, I don't know how you do it. Thank you and thank your husband for the sacrifices you both make for us!:flowerforyou: I would also suggest reading Taking Charge of your Fertility if you haven’t yet, real eye opener for me.

FitterPam – I’m glad surgery went well! My hubby is like Ericaroo’s hubby, I’m glad yours is a trooper! You sound like a great couple!

Jenny – I’ll toss out the question to you too, have you read Taking Charge of your Fertility? Awesome book, I learned so much about our bodies.

Abeare – Sorry that work out was so tough. I’ve been avoiding taking classes at my gym since Feb because I’m afraid of being picked on by a teacher. Drink up your water and I’m sure that weight will fall off. I can easily gain 5 lbs in one day if I let myself.

So I weighted in today and was pretty happy. I was hoping for 2+ lbs loss, since I went from being off track and gaining to being on track, but I’m good with the loss. I went to my mom’s for dinner last night and she bought a chocolate cake! We went to dinner there twice this week and both times she had chocolate cake. My dad (who barely says two words to anyone ever) even told her a couple months ago that she needs to stop buying to much crap. He actually told my mom that “Catherine has worked very hard to lose the weight and she’s going to gain it back because of you”. I told her that I can’t blame her because I make my own choices, but she doesn’t make it any easier for me. Clearly she didn’t listen. She has been and always will be a food pusher. She feeds us when she feels bad about stuff. It drives me crazy, however, I made the choice to eat a ¼ of the cake last night (small 8” round single layer chocolate cake) so there it is. I also planned to work out like crazy this week, but I got sick so that didn’t happen. So I should be Oing in the next few days so I’m upping my calories a bit and taking it slow with exercise until my BFP or AF shows in a couple weeks. My goal this week is to only go to Starbucks on Friday and Monday when I have to leave the house before anyone else is up. I also plan to walk my dog and daughter every day this week, even if it’s just around the block and lastly, as always, to stay within my calories. As a family our goal is to only eat dinner out this week once! We really struggle with eating out.
    SW: 250
    LW: 189
    CW 187.2
    Loss 1.8 :heart:
  • ivygirl11
    Options
    Is day 23 too early to take a pregnancy test? Im totally trying so hard not to take one...
  • epa422
    Options
    Is day 23 too early to take a pregnancy test? Im totally trying so hard not to take one...

Do you know when you ovulated? The earliest I would ever recommend testing is 10 days after ovulation, but even that isn't accurate. If your cycle is usually 32 days, then I would wait until day 27 or so.

Kiffypooh, no positive OPK for me, yet, but I didn't expect one this early. I don't usually ovulate until CD 13-15, and I'm only CD10. So maybe in the next day or so. I started early so we could do the sperm meet egg plan and I had a random temp spike CD 8. Though I guess it's not so random as my temp does that every cycle about 4-5 days before O. So in another 2-3 days, maybe.
  • ivygirl11
    Options
    i think i ovulated on day 15 (thats when i had signs) but my cycles are irregular but usually about 35 days when i do have them...
  • epa422
    Options
    i think i ovulated on day 15 (thats when i had signs) but my cycles are irregular but usually about 35 days when i do have them...

Well if you did O on CD 15 this cycle, you won't have a 35 day cycle. Your luteal phase (the time from ovulation to your period starting) is anywhere between 10-16 days long (shorter than that is a lp defect, longer typically means you're pregnant). So you could possibly be 7-8 dpo, but without confirmation, I wouldn't start testing for at least 5 days. You might get a false negative because you don't have enough hormone in your system to show a positive. I know the waiting is hard.... but if you test too early, you won't know for sure and you still end up waiting, you know what I mean? I would highly recommend temping for this reason. Then you'll know when you O'd and you'll know when you can safely test.
  • kiffypooh
    Options

Do you know when you ovulated? The earliest I would ever recommend testing is 10 days after ovulation, but even that isn't accurate. If your cycle is usually 32 days, then I would wait until day 27 or so.

Kiffypooh, no positive OPK for me, yet, but I didn't expect one this early. I don't usually ovulate until CD 13-15, and I'm only CD10. So maybe in the next day or so. I started early so we could do the sperm meet egg plan and I had a random temp spike CD 8. Though I guess it's not so random as my temp does that every cycle about 4-5 days before O. So in another 2-3 days, maybe.

I wish I wasn't too lazy to temp. Every month I think, "if AF comes this month I'm going to start" then she comes and I think the same thing :laugh: Maybe we'll be cycle buddies this month. I'm thinking I'm going to have a 30 or 32 day cycle this month and i'm on CD13. I think I'm getting a positive tomorrow, but not sure. I read that you should BD the day before the positive and then the day you get it and the two following days, take one day off then the next day. Do you think that is true? I want to BD tonight, but hubby still feels like poop and I don't want to get strep, so we probably shouldn't :laugh:
  • kiffypooh
    Options

What signs did you have? I'm always curious what other people notice their bodies doing at different times. If you're like me and just like to test, go to the dollar store and get a bunch of tests. It's so nice to test without worrying about spending $15-$20 a box. From what I understand they are really accurate and most of them are pink die rather then blue. A lot of people get evap lines with the blue die tests.

Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • epa422
    Options
    I read that you should BD the day before the positive and then the day you get it and the two following days, take one day off then the next day. Do you think that is true? I want to BD tonight, but hubby still feels like poop and I don't want to get strep, so we probably shouldn't :laugh:

How would you know what the day before the positive is? I mean, I suppose a nearly positive OPK would work, but what if the next day isn't actually positive? You'd just end up doing it every day for a week... and that would probably be effective. :laugh: The sperm meets egg plan (which I think you already know, but if not...) is BD every other day starting CD10, then every day for three days when you get a +OPK, then a day off, then one more time the next day. A friend on BBC's doctor told her every other day starting 4 days before her usual O day and she got pregnant that cycle. My doctor says every other day starting CD 12, so basically similar advice... but we usually lose steam before we hit O since I often think my temps are about to go up and then they don't, hence the OPKs this cycle. If I had O'd on my usual day last cycle, we would have been golden, but no... I O'd 2 days late. Which was probably a result of beginning to work out or potentially due to fertility yoga. :grumble:
  • epa422
    Options
    Here are my usual O signs: migraine 2-3 days before O (speaking of, I am getting a raging one right now, complete with tingling fingers); short, pinching pains around one or both ovaries staring 4-5 days before O; increase in cervical mucus; my temps do this odd little jump then fall back, then actually shift 2-3 days before O; I also get moody; oh and my sex drive goes way up. After O, my "tatas" start to hurt, my face breaks out, and I get really overly emotional. I really miss birth control pills and not being so aware of my body. :laugh:
  • ivygirl11
    Options
    My Dr said that charting your temp isnt always accurate with people with PCOS i charted for a couple of months and i didnt have a peak or anything. Also We are on a weird sleep schedule here going to bed at around 3-4am because of work. So we sleep in a little later then most people wake up. So my dr said that my temps wouldnt be accurate because of that (even when i was setting my alarm taking my temp and then going back to bed)...

For me it was pretty obvious that i ovulated because i dont recall EVER ovulating before (although i am sure i have just not very much)... For me i had slight cramping on my right ovary. Major "snail trai;" (cervical mucus)... And i can tell when we were doing the BD that my cervix had shifted, so those were my signs...

I think that i will definitely not test again until at least day 28 or 30. Although i am having pretty bad cramps and even back cramps which i have never experienced. Also more cervical discharge the past couple of days...
  • ivygirl11
    Options
    We BD every other day from day 10-20...
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I found that when I started temping I became so aware of the changes that were happening around ovulation.

The doc is right - temping at different times messes your results and PCOS doesn't give accurate results. Also, I found that when I was temping I was in an apartment with no climate control. I'd wake up drenched most mornings and that would throw my results off. When we bought our first house and I adjusted the temps down, I found that my body was regulating the temps properly so environment has a role to play too.

I've come to the conclusion that the over excited AFs of the past few months are my body's way of starting to normalize my cycles. I've typically had 2 AFs within 1-2 weeks of one another with the time between being jump started by Provera. I think when I took the Provera, I was probably ovulating, hence hormones were fighting it out. 14 days later - my normal LP - bam another one started.

Day 8 today, still no signs of anything slowing down, but we still have a few months to get things back to normal. I think we're going to start really trying again in October around Day 10 - DH won't have "replenished inventory" fully by then, but it'll probably be at a higher count than he was before the surgery :love: We have Oct, Nov, Dec to do this natually so by then my cycles should be normalized - metformin takes approx 4-6 months and it's already made an impact (double my fun monthly) so maybe I should re-consider temping again. If we're still not getting BFPs by Jan, we're going to put out the cash.

I was talking to an old friend the other day. They are looking at IVF too. I think their situation is worse because there is absolutely no medical reason for their troubles. They both have been checked head to toe and even their doctor is saying "you are doing everything right".....I'd hate to not have a reason.
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I read that you should BD the day before the positive and then the day you get it and the two following days, take one day off then the next day. Do you think that is true? I want to BD tonight, but hubby still feels like poop and I don't want to get strep, so we probably shouldn't :laugh:

How would you know what the day before the positive is? I mean, I suppose a nearly positive OPK would work, but what if the next day isn't actually positive? You'd just end up doing it every day for a week... and that would probably be effective. :laugh: The sperm meets egg plan (which I think you already know, but if not...) is BD every other day starting CD10, then every day for three days when you get a +OPK, then a day off, then one more time the next day. A friend on BBC's doctor told her every other day starting 4 days before her usual O day and she got pregnant that cycle. My doctor says every other day starting CD 12, so basically similar advice... but we usually lose steam before we hit O since I often think my temps are about to go up and then they don't, hence the OPKs this cycle. If I had O'd on my usual day last cycle, we would have been golden, but no... I O'd 2 days late. Which was probably a result of beginning to work out or potentially due to fertility yoga. :grumble:

It actually said "ideally" you would want to BD the day before. I generally have a feeling I'm about, no actual symptoms, just a feeling (same thing when AF is about to come, I just know). This month, not so much. I've really expected a positive OPK yesterday and today, but nothing. I figure if we were to have BD last night but no positive today that would be doing the every-other day thing, but if I did get the positive today it would be the "day before' thing it recommended. I can't remember if I said it before or not, but if this month doesn't work next month we are doing sperm meets egg. We tried every day once, we didn't last to the positive test :laugh: I figure CD 10 should work out just fine.
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Ivygirl - What do you do for a living that you work those hours? Do you and your SO both work those hours? Thanks for sharing the O signs with me. It's always interesting to hear what others notice.

Pam - I feel bad for your friends. I agree with you, it would be really hard if you don't have a reason.

Well, the battery on my laptop is about to die so I'm going to go veg and hope my hubby lets me sleep in tomorrow (even though he is home sick), I doubt that will happen, but we will see. Back on track with food tomorrow too. I ate out every meal yesterday and brunch and dinner today, and I also over ate at BBQ. So much for my plans for this week. I'm just not including the weekend and following through with the rest of the week. No eating out and no Starbucks!

have a great Sunday!!!