Replies

• nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
    Love this post
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    Hi!

So I'm described more as an hourglass due to a proportionally smaller waist and then a broad chest/decent sized boobs.

However, I am VERY much a bottom-heavy hourglass. While I stared losing weight, it came mostly off my top half which now means I am looking more and more like a pear-hourglass each week so I hope it's okay I join in!

HOWEVER, my legs and bum have gotten smaller.
    Firstly, I've had comments from friends and family saying I have a smaller bum and legs.

Secondly, I have noticed a small change myself. I still have proportionally big legs, with wobble, and very large hips in proportion to the rest of my body (37-38 ish inches whereas my waist is 27 inches!) BUT I have smaller-than-before legs, less wobble and...well my hips are still the same but I can confidentally say I have real (sexy?) curves, rather than being one of those women who passes off fatness for "being curvy".

Clothes-wise, I used to buy UK 10. Now, I was never a UK 10 at my heaviest weight (145 lbs). I was a 12. I would squeeze myself into size 10 and kid myself that was my real size. I refused to believe I was bigger, as I felt like size 10 was the highest acceptable size to still be considered a good, normal, slim weight/look. If I tried on trousers that didn't fit in size 10, I would pretend it never happened and not buy them.

Now, I can fit into every one of my shorts and jeans. In fact, some of them that were already large size 10s are baggy around the top and a couple pairs of shorts look so big I can't really wear them without it looking stupid or there being lots of room around the waistband.

I even fit into these jeans I bought that were size 8 like 3 years ago! Sure, they don't really fit in the sense that they are a little tight, but they fit, and the zip and button went up without a struggle.

For hourglass/pear shapes or people who have big hips/thighs/bum...the weight is always going to come off other places first. There's a reason why we have so much of our weight on our hips and lower area - it just loves it there!

I know it's a bit of an anticlimax, but persistance is key. From 145 to 135 lbs, the weight mainly came off my face and tummy, and a little arms. After 135 lbs, I started getting comments on my legs and clothes became a little looser. I am now 125/126 lbs.

For heavier/bigger people, so much of a change in just 10-20 lbs won't be as obvious - I experienced those changes so soon because I wasn't tooooo heavy to begin with. I'm also short though.

All that said, I am still not happy with my look. Happier, of course! But my legs have only just started to shed fat in the past few weeks, so they're not looking too great still. I'm hoping another 10-14 lbs will leave me with fabulous slim curves and I'll regain a good hourglass shape.

ps - sorry that was so long
    pps - in terms of muscle exercises, I can't recommend any because I don't really think that's the way to do it. I think a focus on weight loss to tackle the problem of big bums and thighs is more important. Exercises do not target specific areas for weight loss.
  • ell_23
    Options
    See below
  • ell_23
    Options
    How did succeed in bringing down those saddlebags? Will doing step workouts help? Or do they bulk up the thighs?

Are saddlebags like lovehandles? The flabby bits between the hips and waist that bulge over tight trousers? haha. Not sure if there's some US/UK slang confusion or I'm living in a cave.

If so, in my opinion it's quite literally about continuing to lose weight and waiting for those flabby bits to get a little smaller. No exercise specifically target certain areas for weight loss. People seem to be reporting that they do, but I think it's a fallacy - i.e. people are misunderstanding the real reason for the loss of their handles.

I still have them, bit they are ALOT smaller. In fact, another 10 lbs and I'm sure I won't even have any at all.
  • jjaenells
    jjaenells Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just another pear / hourglass here!

I've been a hammer thrower for college and have always had a little extra junk in the trunk (I would do squats almost everyday, so I'm sure you can imagine how much junk is in that trunk). Now that I'm done with sports I'm desperate to lose those last pounds. I'm down 18 pounds and have 13 pounds to go! I'm hoping those last pounds will take off some of the junk on my thighs! I'm slowly losing motivation, help me!
  • weightlosstk
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • weightlosstk
    Options
    Hello friends,
    I can say about myself. 2 month ago my weight were about 85kg but Now my weight is 56kg.I followed of of my friends suggestion.I will suggest you to follow http://weaightloss.tk/ my friend.Wish you will get a slim figure very within short time
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi again, ladies :) Just back for more updates:

... it's my first year on MFP! Yay!

After more lifting:

2va1nh2.jpg

I'm nowhere near done yet. Still have saddlebags to go, hehe. But I'm in this for the long run and I'm in no rush because I know I'll stay with this until the very end. I hope to share the same winning spirit with you if you feel like you're losing that motivation.

Keep at it because you have your own wonderful results to look forward to! xx :flowerforyou:
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm nearly 5'4, i started at 75 kgs (165 lbs) and have been maintaining at 125 lbs for a year now.

Here's me around my highest weight :
    sirius013_zps94fe835c.jpg

Here at 125 lbs, 8 months into maintenance :
    Photo0247_001_zps6887fb10.jpg

Here at 125 lbs also, 12 months into maintenance :
    Photo0310_zps418b754d.jpg

Can't seem to post the last picture corrctly. You can check my profile's pics
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

After more lifting:

2va1nh2.jpg

I'm nowhere near done yet. Still have saddlebags to go, hehe. But I'm in this for the long run and I'm in no rush because I know I'll stay with this until the very end. I hope to share the same winning spirit with you if you feel like you're losing that motivation.

Keep at it because you have your own wonderful results to look forward to! xx :flowerforyou:

Amazing - true dedication really does pay off.

What lifting are you doing?
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Annette_15.We're the same height. Thanks for sharing. I want to imagine myself achieving your current weight.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options

After more lifting:

2va1nh2.jpg

Wow, just wow!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later:smile:
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options

After more lifting:

WOW!! You give me hope!!
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options

After more lifting:

2va1nh2.jpg

You look great! How have your measurements changed over the past year?
  • Dying2Live84
    Dying2Live84 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options

After more lifting:

2va1nh2.jpg

you LOOK FANTASTIC!! Thanks for the updates, you have a lovely figure :-)
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Oh My...what an amazing transformation!!

Us pears really beat ourselves up our shapes, and spend so much time focused on our "problem" areas.
  • newatbritt
    newatbritt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Votkuhr: You look amazing! I love seeing your updates as they are so inspiring.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What lifting are you doing?

I'm following a routine that's set up by a friend. Basically lots of big compound movements like barbell squats and deadlifts, among others. :) I lift 2-3 times a week. If I lift only twice, I usually fill up my 3rd slot with Les Mills Body Pump for some cardio and resistance training.

You look great! How have your measurements changed over the past year?

Oh man, this is the part where I wish I took down my measurements. I didn't. :( But I've gone from a size 14 to a 6/8. Current measurements are 34-27-36.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!