Ha, so true.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'd eat the banana for the potassium.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Banana. Simply because it has more fat. Granola bars are mostly pure carbs. With a banana you get both.

Not my thread but that answer helps! My other questions weren't answered but the sugar was my concern about the granola bar and the carbs sealed the deal.

Honestly neither would be my choice but if those 2 were my ONLY choices... I know which way I'd go now.

:flowerforyou:

I'm late to this thread, but please realize that the poster you quoted is wrong. Bananas are fat-free... just like all raw fruits and veggies. Now if we were talking about banana bread... there is definitely fat in there.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Banana. Simply because it has more fat. Granola bars are mostly pure carbs. With a banana you get both.

Not my thread but that answer helps! My other questions weren't answered but the sugar was my concern about the granola bar and the carbs sealed the deal.

Honestly neither would be my choice but if those 2 were my ONLY choices... I know which way I'd go now.

I'm late to this thread, but please realize that the poster you quoted is wrong. Bananas are fat-free... just like all raw fruits and veggies. Now if we were talking about banana bread... there is definitely fat in there.

658af.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

658af.jpg

Ah yes, you are right about avocados.

I originally said "most" and changed it to "all" after trying to rack my brain trying to think of what fruits and vegetables actually have fats. I forget about those because I don't actually eat those nasty things, but they do have fats.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

I originally said "most" and changed it to "all" after trying to rack my brain trying to think of what fruits and vegetables actually have fats. I forget about those because I don't actually eat those nasty things, but they do have fats.
    So glad that I am not the only one who thinks avocados are nasty.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Man made rubbish vs naturally occuring food??
    Banana every time.

Do you know that bananas in their current form are not "naturally occurring"? It took decades of modification for growers to turn them into a cheerful yellow, easy to peel, seedless, yummy fruit.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    a calorie is a calorie no buts...

Yes buts!!!!

Person 1 eats 2000 calories of chocloate and McDoanld's each day and Person 2 eats 2000 calories of meat, fuit and vegetables each day. Lets assume the net calories are the same each day.

What do you think the end result will be?

Sorry, but a calorie is not a calorie!
    Person 1 and person 2 will both lose weight if they are eating at a calorie deficit.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    I'd go with the banana. IMO, fruits and veggies trump factory made foods, any day. I think it's silly for people to argue that a banana and a factory made granola bar have the same nutritional value. I agree that a calorie equals a calorie, but there is more to health than counting calories.

Even though that banana was genetically modifed to eliminate the (rather large, inedible black) seeds? and make it easier to peel? And there are all-natural granola bars, by the way. Both the granola bar and the banana have sugar in them.
  • mccindy72
    Options

So glad that I am not the only one who thinks avocados are nasty.

Most definitely you are not alone... those things are disgusting!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Gotta love all the scientists on the boards this week.. " Hey, I've been dieting for 5 minutes so I'm an expert!"

tumblr_mzbmevfxIN1si6veuo1_400.gif
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Gotta love all the scientists on the boards this week.. " Hey, I've been dieting for 5 minutes so I'm an expert!"

HAha, oh noes! Chemicalz in da foodz!
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bananas have chemicals. sorry to burst your perfect, clean, non chemical world, but just deal with it…

there are no "bad" foods or "good" foods; just food that you use as an energy source….why is that so hard to understand?

So it is alright for me to eat something like Chips or an Almond Joy as long as i stay withing my calories? Please say yes because i really want that Almond Joy
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

Thank you. I don't have this gif yet.

I would get neither and wait to eat at home.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    bananas have chemicals. sorry to burst your perfect, clean, non chemical world, but just deal with it…

there are no "bad" foods or "good" foods; just food that you use as an energy source….why is that so hard to understand?

So it is alright for me to eat something like Chips or an Almond Joy as long as i stay withing my calories? Please say yes because i really want that Almond Joy

Yes, you can have it. If you promise to really enjoy it! Ech... Almond Joy. Chips for me please!
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I will enjoy it i promise.. Yummy yummy off to the candy machine for me:heart:
  • mccindy72
    Options
    I will enjoy it i promise.. Yummy yummy off to the candy machine for me:heart:

Good for you! :tongue:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    What kind of granola bar is it?

And what did I have to eat the rest of the day?

I can't answer the hypothetical without more information. For instance, if I had a banana with my breakfast there is no way you're going to get me to eat a second one later in the day.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'd get the granola bar because I refuse to pay more than 20 cents for a banana, and the cafeteria at my workplace charges 75 cents for one.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    I'd get the granola bar because I refuse to pay more than 20 cents for a banana, and the cafeteria at my workplace charges 75 cents for one.

Word. Kwik Trip Bananas are totally the way to go.

I'd just bring a snack from home.