ME? LOSE 100 POUNDS? Impossible, but I did it!

Options

Replies

• WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you! You did it! You look so happy in those latter pictures and I bet you won't destroy those picture! lol!!! Now the challenge is to keep it off and that I am confident that you will because you know you can! lol! This post is so encouraging to me my friend. Thanks for posting and God's many blessing to you on your new life! :happy:
  • janeann58
    janeann58 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for and so proud of you !!! Enjoy your new knees. :flowerforyou:
  • bijouchocolat
    bijouchocolat Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Honey you are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You are an inspiration!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are amazing!
  • cindyw1eye
    cindyw1eye Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Such a wonderful success story and absolute proof that anyone can do this!!! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us!!!
  • deborahmills22
    deborahmills22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspiring. You look amazing. Congratulations on your success and your new knees!
  • vijayadi
    vijayadi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow This is amazing change .Congratulations
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. :-)
  • brit21187
    brit21187 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and your story was beautiful! Congrats Congrats Congrats thanks for sharing and your inspiration this makes me want to kick my weight loss into high gear!!! :)
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who responded to this post.

The negativity that filled me in November 2012 at the thought of trying to lose 70 pounds could have held me back...made me give up, before I even started. I wondered, if I 'had another diet in me". I questioned my ability to overcome a lifetime of being obese...a lifetime of letting my weight determine what I could and could not do.

When I passed the 70 pound mark and saw Wonderland on the scale...that beautiful number that started with a ONE, I was overjoyed; but something had really changed in me, during those months. I knew that day, I was not going to lingered close to the 200 pounds, facing each day, wondering, "Am I over or under 200 today?" Letting the scale and that number determine my mood each morning.

No. I wanted more...a lot more. I wanted to lose enough weight to put some real space between me and that number. I wanted to be able to live my life without the limits enforced by my weight. New knees could only do so much, if I stayed so close to 200 pounds. That was, when I reset my goals. My ticker had to reflect a real future...not just a safe zone...as a SLIGHTLY OBESE woman. I wanted more. I wanted to be a HEALTH WEIGHT, better than I had ever been, even in my youth.

My goals now are not just about a number on the scale. My goals now are about living the life of a HEALTHY WOMAN...a healthy senior citizen with a body that could fulfill all my dreams.
  • Paindoesnthurt
    Paindoesnthurt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations! true inspiration! A true doer!
  • millerlm87
    Options
    You are amazing. A role model. So happy for you.
  • hopeful156
    hopeful156 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!!! What a wonderful story. You are a very amazing woman and a true inspiration for me. I am on the cusp of becoming diabetic and need and want to lose 40lbs which I felt I could never do but after reading about you, you have given me hope I didn't think I could feel. I am so glad I read your story and want to say Congratulations and good luck in losing whatever else you want to lose and all the best with the knee replacement. You look wonderful and should be very proud of yourself!!
  • kvan64
    kvan64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing your story. What an inspiration you are. I'm your story will help a lot of people on this site. God bless you.
  • Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You have done a fabulous job! I admire what you have done and you have proven that anything is possible!! It is inspiring stories like yours that remind me to keep going and never give up. I am sure your story will inspire many others!
    Thank you!

I agree!
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Wowee zowee! What an amazing change and an amazing commitment to a healthy lifestyle. You look so happy in your current pics, which is wonderful to see! Keep up the great work. :)
  • jcjammin
    jcjammin Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story and well worth the read. Thanks for sharing and keep up the awesme work!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and you look fabulous! Way to go and thank you for being an inspiration :D
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, so inspirational! Look at you!! Awesome awesome job! You rock!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!