Breast Augmentation..

Options
13»

Replies

• mmartinez_az
    Options
    Don't get them! You are asking if you should be fake or not.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    After reading every ones comments on here, I want to clear something up a bit. I did lose a lot of weight, I did have one pregnancy and I did nurse my baby. I did not have a lot of breast to begin with, so after these changes I lost more then what I already didn't have. Also, they did not go back to the shape they were before.

It's not a "Just because bigger is better" it's a "I want to feel more comfortable and confident" in my own skin.

I do agree with every one here. On all opinions to be honest.
    Natural is beautiful, Surgery is painful, happiness is important, money is always an issue,

So that being said, finding the rite Dr to talk to looks like the plan.

I still would love to hear from women and how they did or did not like getting them done. :)

Thank you everyone for your comments.

You should make the decision that is best for you. I just want to say that you are a young and beautiful woman!!
  • trainingman123
    trainingman123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Don't do it, you are perfect the way you are.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Don't worry what dudes say just do what makes you feel good. :flowerforyou:

Don't worry what chicks say just do what makes you feel good. :flowerforyou:
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    As long as you're doing it for your own satisfaction and not someone else's, then go for it!

I think if there's something about your body that you're unhappy with, fix it! Screw all that "Be happy the way you are" bullsh*t.
    If it's something that's actually within your power to fix, then just fix it!

I know a girl who hated having flared out "dumbo" (I'm not sure what the technical term is now) ears, she was self conscious about them for years and years, and felt that she could only wear her hair in certain ways to try and hide them.. Screw all that wasted time being unhappy, for something as simple as tucking your ears back (or getting breast implants), if it would bring you that much joy to fix it and completely change your self confidence, and it's within your power to fix, then just freaking do it!
    (BTW she did, and now she's a completely changed woman. Super happy, confident, and that looming weight of self-consciousness was just lifted off her shoulders.)

I completely get promoting people to feel good in their own skin, I do. But for things that you can't change on your own, that are that important to you, I don't see anything wrong with just getting it done and over with.

My boobs have shrank over 2 cup sizes since I started losing weight (27 pounds ago). I'm 24 years old and to me, I look like I've breastfed 2 children. I'm too young to be self conscious and embarrassed about how my breasts look, so I've saved money over the past 18 months to get them done so I can be confident about the way my (naked) body looks! And that's that!
  • dyemomma
    Options
    Hey girl. I'm 37 and aside from when I breastfed my babies of course, I have always been a VERY small A-cup. I evaluated and weighed all the risks and decided to pull the trigger. I got them done exactly 9 days ago and so far, I am Extrememly unhappy with the whole process and feel like I was lied to as far as post-op expectations. I'm sure a few months from now I'll look back and forget most of the pain and will Hopefully be happy with the results, but I just had an overall BAD experience. Be sure to ask TONS of questions when you have your consultation (there are no dumb questions) and also be prepared to be our of commission for longer than they tell you...remember, they are still trying to "sell" you this procedure. I was told I'd be "up and running" after 4 days. I couldn't believe it, how great! As a stay-at-home mom with 2 kids...this is what "sold" me on finally having it done. I'm at day 9 and I'm Starting to feel "Ok"...still need help from my husband to put on my sports bra, still can't put my arms over my head, still can't do basic tasks around the house like putting dishes away in cabinets, doing laundry, etc. without whincing in pain, so my poor husband is doing it ALL and is also disappointed at how long this recovery process is taking. I am (was) an Extremely active person prior to the surgery and now can't see even starting Light physical activity until at least 3 weeks post-op. THe bruising and swelling I have all over my torso and breast area is Unbelievable, especially considering the fact that my surgeon said my surgery went "fantastic"??? I don't know if it's because I'm a little older or what the circumstances are...just wish I had known to expect a longer recovery period, as I could have planned ALOT better to make life a little easier. Wishing you all the best with your decision!!
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey girl. I'm 37 and aside from when I breastfed my babies of course, I have always been a VERY small A-cup. I evaluated and weighed all the risks and decided to pull the trigger. I got them done exactly 9 days ago and so far, I am Extrememly unhappy with the whole process and feel like I was lied to as far as post-op expectations. I'm sure a few months from now I'll look back and forget most of the pain and will Hopefully be happy with the results, but I just had an overall BAD experience. Be sure to ask TONS of questions when you have your consultation (there are no dumb questions) and also be prepared to be our of commission for longer than they tell you...remember, they are still trying to "sell" you this procedure. I was told I'd be "up and running" after 4 days. I couldn't believe it, how great! As a stay-at-home mom with 2 kids...this is what "sold" me on finally having it done. I'm at day 9 and I'm Starting to feel "Ok"...still need help from my husband to put on my sports bra, still can't put my arms over my head, still can't do basic tasks around the house like putting dishes away in cabinets, doing laundry, etc. without whincing in pain, so my poor husband is doing it ALL and is also disappointed at how long this recovery process is taking. I am (was) an Extremely active person prior to the surgery and now can't see even starting Light physical activity until at least 3 weeks post-op. THe bruising and swelling I have all over my torso and breast area is Unbelievable, especially considering the fact that my surgeon said my surgery went "fantastic"??? I don't know if it's because I'm a little older or what the circumstances are...just wish I had known to expect a longer recovery period, as I could have planned ALOT better to make life a little easier. Wishing you all the best with your decision!!

You seriously believed after major surgery, you would be up and running in 4 days? Have you ever heard of the internet?
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It is my opinion that any size real breast is vastly superior to something that feels like a grapefuit in a skin sack.

I have real ones, but I have to say it sounds to me like you have never felt a pair of fake ones!
    Now a days they feel very real and look very real too so long as you don't get them HUGE for your frame.

The only thing I can advise is if you DO get them, don't go too crazy on size. Strive for natural. The only women I know that really regret it are the girls that went way too big. One of my closest friends had them done and they look very very real. Also, consider waiting until after kids if you plan on having them. Although you can totally breastfeed with them it can make it more difficult and sometimes your boobs never go back to smaller after pregnancy. Just things to consider long term. Good luck in your decision!

eta: Just read what you posted about having a baby already. If you think you want more kids, I would personally wait. Either way, do lots of research and make a decision that will make YOU happy :)
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

You seriously believed after major surgery, you would be up and running in 4 days? Have you ever heard of the internet?

WOW.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I had mine done in 2009 after having two babies and then losing 130 pounds and keeping it off for two years. I had a lift with augmentation....I went to the exact same size that I was but it looked much better, not like hanging skin down to my knees....best thing I ever did. Nobody and I mean NOBODY could tell that they were "fake"...even my OBGYN when doing a breast exam. My doctor did a fantastic job. Then, the following year I was diagnosed with breast cancer, 3 months after turning 37. I had a lumpectomy followed by 36 rounds of radiation. In between all that I had genetic testing and I am positive for the BRCA gene. So.....I'm currently in the process of scheduling my double mastectomy and reconstruction.

So....you do what you want to do. Don't worry about what anyone thinks. You are only on this earth once and if it makes you happy then go for it. I would do it all over again....keep in mind though that they don't last forever....you will most likely need them replaced after 10 to 15 years.

Recovery is no fun but is recovery from any surgery fun? You don't realize how much you use your breast muscles until you are recovering from that surgery.

Best of luck to you....if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :)