Cheat Day To Break Plateau

Options

Replies

• sjaykay13
    Options
    Eating 600 calories a day is NOT healthy!!! No wonder the scale isn't moving, your body is freaking out! EAT MORE TO LOSE LESS!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    A lot of people lose weight safely with starvation diets. Christian Bale dropped 50 pounds over the course of a few months eating just a can of tuna and an apple a day.
    Lol, if you believe that then you don't need any advice here.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bale admitted that he was weakened and couldn't do a lot of the more demanding action scenes due to muscle loss. Good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    A lot of people lose weight safely with starvation diets. Christian Bale dropped 50 pounds over the course of a few months eating just a can of tuna and an apple a day.

Couple of things it highly doubt he was just eating a tin of tuna and an apple, and second he might have been dieting UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION!! as not to avoid medical problems.
  • nate92315
    nate92315 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Once again, you're trolling.

lol are you serious man? Am I allowed to post my opinion or what? Ironically I think you're the one that's trolling.
  • nate92315
    Options

Once again, you're trolling.

lol are you serious man? Am I allowed to post my opinion or what? Ironically I think you're the one that's trolling.

You're using Christian Bale emaciating himself for a movie role as evidence of a starvation type diet being the right way to go about things - and I'm the one trolling?

155113__machinist_l.jpg

OOOOO HEALTHY!

First of all yes you are trolling. Every time I post something you accuse me of trolling when i clearly am not. All you're trying to do is piss me off. Its not working, you're just making yourself look like a jerk. Honestly i dont understand how anything I have said can be construed as trolling. Maybe you're just bored or lonely. Second of all the Christian Bale reference was just one example of the countless people who lose weight on starvation diets and didn't die or go into starvation mode. Sure it was an extreme example but millions of people and celebrities do it to lose quick weight. Its not a permanent weight loss plan...
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oh man. Let me pass you a box of tissue right now because they're going to rip you apart in this post.

w_toro_blk.jpg

Please eat more.
  • nate92315
    Options
    Oh man. Let me pass you some tissue right now because they're going to rip you apart in this post.

haha yeah I know anyone here who has an opinion about weight loss that differs from today's mainstream (unconfirmed) weight loss theories will be cast out like a leper...o well :)
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Oh man. Let me pass you some tissue right now because they're going to rip you apart in this post.

haha yeah I know anyone here who has an opinion about weight loss that differs from today's mainstream (unconfirmed) weight loss theories will be cast out like a leper...o well :)

definitely trolling
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

I agree with you that sometimes people on this site are far too stuck in their opinions about what people should/shouldn't do to lose weight. The people that think NO ONE should EVER eat 1200 calories because it's super unhealthy obviously don't expand their mindsets to include people who may only do it in the short term, or extremely sedentary and/or older people. The thing is, you're talking about eating less than half of what usually gets people up in arms on this site, and you've been doing it for a while now.

I second/third/fourth the "eat more" advice. Not just on one cheat day....regularly. You can still lose weight without going to extremes, and you'll be more comfortable.
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    How long are you planning to stick to the 600 cals /day? What made you decide on 600?
    I think if the 600 cals you are eating are healthy, then this isn't going to kill you, as long as it's short term.

Good luck. I have no advice re: plateau.
  • nate92315
    Options
    What an age we live in...you give your honest opinion on a fair subject and multiple people accuse you of "trolling". I'm done bye. smh
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options

While I don't agree with extreme undereating to lose weight, that's one example of proof that it's bogus the body goes into starvation mode and makes you stay the same weight for weeks/months on end or gain weight, like some people claim.

If you under eat it's very unhealthy, but people do lose a lot of weight doing so. 600 calories a day is way too little for an adult male to live off of in my opinion though. I don't know how you have the energy to do anything at all on 600 calories.

Back to the plateau question though. I don't know that a cheat day will help you break the plateau. When I was losing a little weight and plateaued, I added a day or two of elliptical/spinning/Hiit training to my workout weight lifting schedule to mix it up a little.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    What an age we live in...you give your honest opinion on a fair subject and multiple people accuse you of "trolling". I'm done bye. smh

Most people have tried to help you and been nice. One person has accused you of trolling and one person has agreed with him. You're ignoring the good advice people have been trying to give you and acting like everyone's just ignoring you and casting you off as a troll, when most people are trying to help.
  • nate92315
    Options

While I don't agree with extreme undereating to lose weight, that's one example of proof that it's bogus the body goes into starvation mode and makes you stay the same weight for weeks/months on end or gain weight, like some people claim.

If you under eat it's very unhealthy, but people do lose a lot of weight doing so. 600 calories a day is way too little for an adult male to live off of in my opinion though. I don't know how you have the energy to do anything at all on 600 calories.

Thanks for responding without being contentious or accusing me of being a troll. I figured out a series of healthy 200 calorie meals. I eat three of them a day. Honestly I hardly ever feel tired or starved.
  • nate92315
    Options

Most people have tried to help you and been nice. One person has accused you of trolling and one person has agreed with him. You're ignoring the good advice people have been trying to give you and acting like everyone's just ignoring you and casting you off as a troll, when most people are trying to help.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options

Thanks for responding without being contentious or accusing me of being a troll. I figured out a series of healthy 200 calorie meals. I eat three of them a day. Honestly I hardly ever feel tired or starved.

Np, as long as you're not getting sick or weak and you're ok. Just gotta find what works best for you, we're all different. Best of luck with your weight loss journey.
  • nate92315
    Options

I posted that after the second person jumped on the "troll" accusation band wagon.
  • Muffiewilmes
    Muffiewilmes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would keep doing what you are doing but step off the scale for 2 weeks and see if you have some results after that. I get so hung up on that number and if it doesn't move the way I think it should then I get frustrated and give up. Good luck