What did you sacrifice to get your workouts in?

Options

Replies

• joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    All I give up is time. I exercise first thing in the morning because I have to get up anyway to get the kids off to school. They are out the door at 6:30 AM and there's really not much else to do at that time. LOL.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Staying up late --- which mostly meant drinking and watching TV. I also sacrifice a bit of my work day (I'm self-employed).
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I look back and wonder what the hell I did with that time. But it must have been just sat on the sofa, watching movies or online. I can't imagine myself doing that now.
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My social life!! I get up so early to workout that I have to go to bed by 9pm. And less alcohol helps keep the pounds away!!
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A social life.
    I'm a bit of a social butterfly and I am known for being extremely social. I would go out every night of the week. I've given up a huge chunk of my social life to take care of myself. The only time I can get to the gym is in the evenings. Also sleep because I'm workout out so late.. but I was missing out on sleep before so I guess that doesn't count. I have more energy than I used to and it is totally worth it. :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    The only thing I sacrafice is sleep or eating lunch anywhere but at my desk. The way my family's schedule works the only times I can get in exercise that I'm not being paid to do is by waking up early or skipping a "lunch break"
  • GIA4FITNESS
    Options
    Five screaming children....I get to put them into the gym daycare for up to two hours, that's all the motivation I need in the world!

lmao oh man I wish I had a gym with a daycare by me! I don't blame you for this one!!!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Sleep.
    I get up at 2:00 am to work out.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Sleep when I go to the gym in the morning, and spending time with my boyfriend when I go after work.
  • myaiki
    myaiki Posts: 10
    Options
    Reading/TV time, although I would not really consider that a "sacrifice." My youngest daughter used to take a nap in the early afternoon, and that is when I exercise, so I was able to get everything done while she slept. Now she no longer naps, but she hangs out with me in my exercise room when I work out. So even though I was losing TV/me time for exercise, I now gained mommy-daughter time.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Sleep.
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Nothing but my chair is starting to wonder why I am not in it as much
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    Just now, my lunch break! Other times... me sitting on the couch eating cookies...
  • DRJ311
    DRJ311 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Being a mom of two toddlers, sadly I have had to sacrifice time with them. :brokenheart:
    I work 8+ hours a day, come home, cook dinner, clean up, give baths, try to spend some time with them, then squeeze in a workout. When I can, I powerwalk on my 15 min breaks at work so I can chop that time off of working out at home.
    But, it is better for me to be a healthy mom than an unhealthy one! On my rest days I try to catch up on time with them, so it balances out I guess :happy:
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    TV time. I'm lucky enough to end work early most days I schedule a workout, so I just go do that instead of sitting around on my computer watching TV and whatnot.
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Five screaming children....I get to put them into the gym daycare for up to two hours, that's all the motivation I need in the world!
    A-men sister.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Sleeping in. :yawn:
  • thepezzle
    thepezzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My third job
  • CourtneyTGC
    Options
    Sleep mostly. I get up early to run four days a week.

I also give up some considerable "me" time in the evenings for a two-a-days during triathlon training season. And I foresee giving up my lunch break to get extra swims in for a few months when my training peaks.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sleep is just as important to me as any workout, so I definitely don't sacrifice sleep. I go to the gym after work though, at a time I normally would just be watching tv. So I guess I sacrifice some television, but it doesn't bother me.