Gym Stereotypes

Options

Replies

• badgerdh
    badgerdh Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi Badgerth: based on the type of person I am from the video clip in the original post.

Ah ok...Weepingangel81 confused me a bit...thanks
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I'm the justifier.....and I earned it.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I think they neglected my type. I'm the anti-social guy who pretends he doesn't see / hear anyone who tries to talk to him even though I am not wearing headphones. I go to the gym 5 nights per week, always from around midnight til 2am. There are always the same dozen or so people in there. They have all become friends and chat quite often. They try to start conversations with me but I just can't be social when I'm working out. It's not in my DNA. After the workout is fine, but I'm usually the last one out of there. They must think I'm a complete prick.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm a combo:
    1) Sweaty Guy: But I found combination of Dri-Weave materials that hide it very well plus I'll towel my forehead between sets. I keep head/wrist bands around in case I need them, but rarely use while strength training; cardio is a whole 'nother story though.
    2) Water Guy: I bring a 28 oz bottle with me and sip between exercises because of #1 above.
  • SaintGiff
    Options
    I'm a combo:
    1) Sweaty Guy: But I found combination of Dri-Weave materials that hide it very well plus I'll towel my forehead between sets. I keep head/wrist bands around in case I need them, but rarely use while strength training; cardio is a whole 'nother story though.
    2) Water Guy: I bring a 28 oz bottle with me and sip between exercises because of #1 above.

I guess I am a bit of water guy too, but it's really survival at my gym. I do about an hour of weight followed by 20+ minutes of intense cardio. And my gym has exactly ZERO water fountains. Yes, that's right... zero water fountains. They set it up so you have to purchase bottles of water from them, which is awesome except that the gym isn't staffed overnight so there is no access to water. I have seen people... grown adult men... christ I can't even type this without wincing.... I have seen people fill water bottles from the manky sink in the bathroom. The tiny bathroom. They will be filling a water bottle from a filthy sink while someone takes a **** in the stall 4 feet from them. That's just.... ALL THE NOPE!
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    wow I am slow, didn't even notice the video link, going to watch it now
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Damn, left out again...I get it done at home.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I am totally the rage guy ..the clip was freaking hilarious...
  • SaintGiff
    Options
    Serious question... because there is one Hunter / Gatherer, or as I refer to them Hoarders, at every gym. How do y'all deal with that guy? How much bigger than you does he have to be for you to let that happen on the regular?
  • badgerdh
    badgerdh Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm the sauna, sing loud, selfie, sweat tallker guy...but not always at the same time
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I am the "I have no idea what I am doing" person, the gallon of waterperson, and the selfie person
  • zrod81
    zrod81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I posted this video before. It went no where. thatnks for sharing this though.

I am the justifier. 30 minutes in gym means 30 beers!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    wow I am slow, didn't even notice the video link, going to watch it now

LMFAO
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Serious question... because there is one Hunter / Gatherer, or as I refer to them Hoarders, at every gym. How do y'all deal with that guy? How much bigger than you does he have to be for you to let that happen on the regular?

I think they SHOWED how to deal with him, but it entails talking to others. Get others to agree it's gone on too long and then safety in numbers you go grab what you need. He can't catch ALL of you.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I am the Singer. I'm not proud of it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I'm NONE of them b/c apparently only guys do stereotypical things at the gym. There were no female gym stereotypes represented ...I'm offended.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    OH, WTH I'll get it started...

enhanced-buzz-25277-1362403938-3.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    ^ that was one, this is two...

judging-people-at-working-out-at-the-gym.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    1531556_577883152300023_1109252567_n.jpg

just to let you know, YES I have seen women do all these things at my gyms.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Hi Badgerth: based on the type of person I am from the video clip in the original post.

Ah ok...Weepingangel81 confused me a bit...thanks

Wait! Now I'm confused! It wasn't my comment that confused you hahaha