Most awkward weight comment

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am pear-shaped. In college, I was at a pretty low weight, but still had a good sized booty. I had to get an injection, and the nurse "politely" asked if she could inject my butt instead of my arm since there was a lot more cushion down below!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Ugh...one I forgot about until now. When I was around 12 years old, I boy I had a HUGE crush on went to the same church as my best friend. They were having a pizza party and as I was reaching for a second slice, he said as loud as possible, "Boy, Amber, you sure can eat a lot!" Talk about feeling 2 inches tall. I wasn't even overweight then, but I had always been made to feel like it by my aunts who were 3-4 inches shorter than me and petite, something you'd never have mistaken me for.

That was the end of my first crush! Couldn't stand him after that :laugh:
  • losing4goodnow
    losing4goodnow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today, 30 pounds lighter, one of my coworkers who, bless his heart, I suspect was raised in a closet and fed under the door due to his lack of social skills (or possibly raised by wild animals), sat down by my desk and leaned over and quietly asked me, "Have you lost weight, or are you just buying bigger clothes?" :noway: Really?
    [/quote]

Love it! "one of my coworkers who, bless his heart, I suspect was raised in a closet and fed under the door due to his lack of social skills (or possibly raised by wild animals)". Very witty!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Sitting at a table in the church hall after my dad's funeral, my brother's brother, who isn't my brother, sat next to me. I hadn't seen him in years, and in the interim had gained back all of the weight I'd lost, plus more. Despite the fact that we'd literally just finished saying goodbye to my deceased father a half hour or so prior, he thought that was the best time to lean over to me, WHILE I WAS EATING, and tell me he noticed I'd put all that weight back on. And he didn't even have a malicious tone, just said it matter of factly.

It was too damn shocked at his gall, and in too much grief, to even say anything.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Oh - for the most part the people in my life are kind and don't say anything when I have gained weight, and encourage me when they see that I have been losing.

I, on the other hand, made a terribly awkward comment to a coworker recently. We've worked together for a while, but now sit apart, we're friendly, and I attended his wedding a few years ago. He came over one day, and I politely commented that he was really looking great, and that the vegan diet must be agreeing with him. Then I joking added "don't you know you're supposed to get fat after you get married?!" To which he replied "I'm getting divorced". I felt so awful!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    "you know losing a lot of weight makes your face look older"

so now I have to choose between being fat or looking old. Uh, thanks.

My chiropractor told me that I looked really good for losing as much weight as I have. He said that most people look like they've aged 10+ years, but that I looked like I went the other direction and looked younger. :) (Then again, do you think he'd REALLY have told me that I looked like I had aged?) LOL
  • aluethi1
    aluethi1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I haven't had awkward comments on my weight, just mean ones. But my grandma did tell my brother he was getting a buddah belly. And my uncles fiance (who has always been rail thin, except when pregnant with my cousin) was skinny all over but she was getting a tummy. We all kind of wondered if she was pregnent or just gained weight only in her stomach. So one day during a family get together (the same one at which my brother's comment came) my grandma asked in front of at least half a dozen people if she was pregnant or had just gained weight. She wasn't pregnant... So awkward for all of us!
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The instructor came over immediately ( she was ex military so very blunt ) and asked loud enough for the class to hear , was I pregnant? She was in disbelief when I answered I was not, and at first did not accept it, which lengthened the awkwardness.

:laugh:
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    "How do you eat so much and stay so skinny?!"

Lol.
  • hcarmello
    Options
    i thought i was doing pretty good with my weight at one point and someone asked me if i was pregnant!! not cool! i have yet to be pregnant and for someone to say that was really a knock down to my self esteem!
  • TheRealMarsupial12
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago, I went to a yoga class. I weighed 103 at the time. When we got to the inversion part of class, the teacher told me I didn't have to do a headstand if I didn't want to. I asked her if I looked incapable of doing a headstand. She said:

'No, but you shouldn't do inversions or twists if you're pregnant.'

The thing I said next was not in the spirit of yoga.