I'm going to get crucified for this BUT

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Even if you did gain 6kg's, it's not like anybody at this event is going to notice or call you out on it. They could probably care less.

Buy a bigger dress.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    The funny thing that crash dieters seems to fail to understand is that even if said diet is successful it never ever stays off. If you do things the right way you have a hell of a better chance of sustaining it in the long run.

With crash diets you learn nothing, you don't gain an understanding of what is going on and you certainly do not get an appreciation for what goes into successful long term weight loss.

Do yourself a favour take the time and do it right.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Considering it's mostly water weight, you could drop half of it in 2 weeks and still fit the dress. Unless it was already skin tight, I guess.
  • lkray
    lkray Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Instead of shunning this user from a great community maybe you can put in some of your insight on how to lose any water weight, bloating, etc., in a SAFE way, so she doesn't have to resort to drastic measures :)
  • TryingAgainIn2012
    TryingAgainIn2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other person that said go low carb. Low carbs and plenty of water, and you'll be well on your way to what you worked so hard for. The weight you put on will fall off quickly, plus it's not unhealthy to go low carb as long as you eat enough calories. Good luck!
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 10 lbs in 2 weeks twice in my life:

The first time was when I got my tongue pierced, my tongue swelled and stayed swollen much longer than average. I got so weak I went out to buy liquid meal replacements and I got 'lost' in the store because I was confused about where I was. Not fun.

The second time, years later, I had a very bad sinus infection while traveling. All my teeth hurt, and all I could smell was the pus in my sinuses. I had no appetite and just ate soup when I could, not much else I could do while traveling. My pictures from that trip are disgusting, I looked like a walking skeleton, it scared me.

My point is, even these two drastic experiences I only lost about 10 lbs in about 2 weeks, and they were terrible, extreme experiences no one should go through. You'll have to lose your weight the right and healthy way, just like everyone else! There is nothing in the world so important that you need to put yourself through something unhealthy.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    lots of fibre thru fruit and veg. and lots of walking
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Instead of shunning this user from a great community maybe you can put in some of your insight on how to lose any water weight, bloating, etc., in a SAFE way, so she doesn't have to resort to drastic measures :)

Er, that's the majority of the comments on the first page.
  • emo1124
    Options
    Juice cleanse. You'll be hungry and miserable, but you will lose that much weight in 1-2 weeks. Make sure you come off slowly and only eat raw fruits and veggies for the first few days or the weight will come right back (and your GI system will be pissed).

I know this isn't what the healthy lifestyle people want to hear but, enh... people tout the benefits of juice cleanse all the time.

If you don't have a juicer, it's expensive. If you do have a juicer, it's messy and a pain in the butt.

I use a 2-3 day juice cleanse to get jump started when I've hit a plateau or need to get re-motivated, but it's not a long term solution.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

I've got an important event in two weeks and my dress I bought before Xmas doesn't fit right now!

Buy some Spanx.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for an effective "crash" routine to shift 6kg in as close to two weeks as poss!

Like many people I binged over Xmas
    Putting on 6kg!!!!!!! :(
    While I'm at uni, I eat very well and go to the gym at least 4 times a week consistently. But going home for a month for Xmas, where there isn't a gym and I could only run on the roads (which I did) and my mum isn't inboard with the "clean" eating thing and while in under her roof it causes too many arguments, has done me over.

I've got an important event in two weeks and my dress I bought before Xmas doesn't fit right now!

As a disclaimer (for anybody who cares to know) I'm under no illusion that this will benefit me in the long term. I'm very happy with my regular healthy living routine, just interested if anyone can help me get over this speed bump and back to where I'd worked months to be!

Anything that could possibly be suggested that would actually be effective is a straight-up violation of the MFP rules.

What you are asking for is not possibly in any way that is remotely healthy.

If you want to take up anorexia, do it on your own without the use of the MFP forums.

they need to invent a like button on here
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    If the dress don't fit, then wear something else. How is this an issue?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

If all else fails: Spanx.

this is your answer. and yes, drink lots of water.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    It is possible to lose a fair amount of water weight in the first week if you've been eating lots of food over Christmas though. After not tracking for a while I've seen a fairly significant number of lbs drop in one week.

Cut carbs, cut sodium, drink lots of water, and see. If it's bloat, a fair amount of it should be gone in a week of this. If it's not, you'll still have a week to find a new dress.
  • AbigailWins
    Options
    ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Try one of those body wrap things. I think they temporarily make you lose inches (it is really just water I believe).
  • Kiayaxo
    Kiayaxo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Why would I bother to post a fabrication?
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    No the dress is not the be all and end all! It's just a physical representation of the unbelievable gain that made me realise it had actually effected my body over the past few weeks. I couldn't care less about a dress
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You could try amputating a leg
  • Kiayaxo
    Options
    I was looking to experienced users to share their knowledge. I obviously wouldn't promote any eating disorders jumping to that is extreme to say the least.